Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Team Sleep

Started by luisch, Feb 13, 2014, 11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luisch

Well, I think this is official over...

Chino to Spin about TS

Honestly, I used to get a lot of shit for it, starting with when I wanted to do Team Sleep. That project in particular was really just this under-the-radar, lo-fi thing — the record itself was really just recorded on a four-track. At the time, Maverick was like, "The only way you're going to put this out is if you put it out through us." They ended up taking it, but they started trying to control it.

That was coming off the White Pony record, which was Deftones' most successful record. So they were like, "Well, you can't just put this demo quality-sounding stuff out." They shut me down right there — they were like, "You need to go in with this producer...." I kind of tried it a little bit, we tried re-cutting the record.

Through all that, it sort of took the wind out of the sails for me for that project. Which eventually led to me losing interest in it, sad as it is, because I really love playing with those guys, and they're still my great buddies. It just stopped being fun and eventually faded away, and I went back to making Deftones records.

When they re-negotiated our deal with the label, I said the only way I'd re-sign with Warner Bros. is if I can make other music. I am fulfilled by Deftones, but I don't like the idea of knowing that I can't do it if I want to. Like, the Palms record.
Those dudes recorded an instrumental record and gave it to me and said, 'Hey, put some vocals on it.' And I did. It was simple as that. It wasn't like, 'Hey, I'm gonna start this other band, I'm gonna market it....' It was just a fun project with my friends who I hang out with all the time.

Full interview: http://www.spin.com/articles/chino-moreno-interview-crosses-deftones/
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

DeftonesNZ

I don't think TS is dead completely Todd said last year they were working on new stuff but I don't think they will do the whole album thing again as it stopped being fun for them, I think they'll still keep making music as friends but keep in low key and stressless with no record companys etc, maybe they'll just leak it online or not put it out at all.

Raswid

What about this ?
QuoteMoreno says bandmates from his other groups, Team Sleep and Palms, are also working on new material, but no time frame has been set to work with those.

from Billboard

luisch

Well, I really hope my first post was fake, but Chino are working now with Todd Wilkinson in another band (w/ Gil Sharone and Chuck Doom). I dont believe they are working in TS anymore. Once again, hope I'm wrong.

Chino Moreno, Todd Wilkinson, Gil Sharone 2 @ Long Beach Guitar Center Expo, 6th april 2013

honeybeewu

Quote from: Raswid on Feb 14, 2014, 02:42 AM
What about this ?
QuoteMoreno says bandmates from his other groups, Team Sleep and Palms, are also working on new material, but no time frame has been set to work with those.

from Billboard
[/quote

Really hoping this is true. More from TS would be a treat.  8)

Freedomsoldier17

yeah as for me i'll resign to the end of team sleep. maybe they've stopped now but more stuff has been put out by them then palms and crosses combined. they made great calm, chill, whatever you want to call it stuff.

luisch

play

if they did write new stuff, i think it would sound alot different, more hooks, with the new chino vocal style.

He's moved on from that anti-melodic, dissonant crooning classic style he used to have. Not saying that its a bad thing. Its just not coming back.

Thats why i want to hear eros so bad. (released the way it was left), because im hoping that it was the last recording that had his old vocal approach.

cvthedrv

Quote from: play on Feb 18, 2014, 10:47 AM
if they did write new stuff, i think it would sound alot different, more hooks, with the new chino vocal style.

He's moved on from that anti-melodic, dissonant crooning classic style he used to have. Not saying that its a bad thing. Its just not coming back.

Thats why i want to hear eros so bad. (released the way it was left), because im hoping that it was the last recording that had his old vocal approach.

yes, exactly this!.

Deadradio

Quote from: luisch on Feb 18, 2014, 04:35 AM
Chuck Doom Instagram
That does sound very Team Sleep-ish but that could also be session recording demos he's listening to from the new project he is working on with Todd and Gil.

luisch

Quote from: Deadradio on Feb 18, 2014, 05:58 PM
Quote from: luisch on Feb 18, 2014, 04:35 AM
Chuck Doom Instagram
That does sound very Team Sleep-ish but that could also be session recording demos he's listening to from the new project he is working on with Todd and Gil.

Yup, is it.

dictatesofreason

MAN AT THE VERY LEAST THEY COULD GO BACK AND REMASTER/ ADD VOCALS TO SOME SHIT- I REALLY FELL TEAM SLEEP ENDED BEFORE ITS TIME-HELL IT WAS IN AND OF ITSELF BEFORE ITS TIME BUT STILL-TEAM SLEEP IS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD NOT BE ABANDONED.

III

Hahahahahaha yes

cvthedrv

BLOQ MAYUS EXISTS!!!

mrpelon94

Talked to crook on Instagram..said they have music just waiting on Chino?!

tarkil

Quote from: mrpelon94 on Apr 03, 2014, 06:34 AM

Wow, what a shocker  !!       ;D

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

cvthedrv

Quote from: tarkil on Apr 03, 2014, 12:10 PM
Quote from: mrpelon94 on Apr 03, 2014, 06:34 AM

Wow, what a shocker  !!       ;D

dont wait on chino, the should realease that shit now!

elite54

http://iconosquare.com/p/770337006340655209_31664465

Crook's instagram telling people to follow team sleep on twitter.

Diplo

Link dead for me...