Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Started by Moz La Punk, Nov 27, 2006, 07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Alright, the Wii is coming to Europe! And it has just been released in the US! Time for a thread.

What Im gonna say?

Wiiiiiiiiiiii!

Thats about it.

Crazylegs

Looking good, i hope some of my mates will buy this. It looks super awesome, infact the game that looks like most fun is Wii sports. I've got enough with my 360 at the moment though.

Mike21

Wii will blow the 360 away when it comes to pure fun.  It's gonna be so awesome.

law

Agreed. Can't fuckin' wait!

Juicy Fruit

So, should I pre-order this? Can I actually still pre-order it, or is it 'too late'? And does it matter who I pre-order it from?
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

Moz La Punk

Its too late to pre-order, probably. You can only pre-order at some specific nerdy places, all big shops dont have a clue how many consoles they are getting so if you pre order now, you might not get one at launch and are stuck waiting for it.

Your best bet? Waiting outside a store in a line all night before the launch, or going to a shady shop in a small town that will probably get one or two consoles, but no one in the small town will care for them anyway.

I'm doing the latter thing. See, the day before the Wii launch here in Europe, me and my gf have our five year anniversary. I wouldnt swap a romantic diner with her for standing in line for a Wii all night, although that is pretty fun to do as well.

I'll get my Wii. I hope.... please...

This is what I'll get IF I get what I want on launch day:

Wii console + Wii sports
Wiimote + Wii Play (Europe offer only)
Extra Nunchuck
2x Wii VC Point Cards (total of 4000 points together)
Classic controller
Component cable (please be there!)
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Rayman: Raving Rabbids
Red Steel
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam

XJohnnyX

im gonna buy one later this week i think it looks cool too bad it doesnt play dvd's or cd's :/

Moz La Punk

Quote from: XJohnnyX on Nov 28, 2006, 10:50 PM
im gonna buy one later this week i think it looks cool too bad it doesnt play dvd's or cd's :/

People have like 4 DVD and CD players in their house. Why would anyone need more of them? You can buy them for what, 10 dollar?

Moz La Punk

For a nice little look at some Wii stuff see this trailer:

http://www.mozlapunk.net/homepage/?p=1600

Mike21

I'm just gonna walk in to a store around February and buy one with Zelda.  Sorted. :)

Moz La Punk

Ive standed in line for this for over 12 hours... I (together with countless other people) even made the news:

Subliminal

My prediction is the hype will eventually die out and people will lose interest (like they did with GameCube, N64 etc)

I really don't see the fuss in the thing.

TheWatcher

moz la punk

how much that tv go for?

it looks nicee

Moz La Punk

Its a Samsung 32 Inch (which is best for if you have just a bedroom or something, because any larger LCD from too close will look bad), and ehh it was about 1300 euros when I bought it last year, should be around 1000 euros now.

TheWatcher

how much is that in us $ ?

Juicy Fruit

Damn it Moz, you're lucky as hell. But you deserve it, waiting in line for 12 hours.

All I want is for someone to take my money and give me the frickin' console! Sheesh! :(
Quote from: Fireal1222 on May 04, 2007, 07:42 AM
i wanna give juicy fruit a cat bath

if u dont get it, think about how cats bath

law

Quote from: Subliminal on Dec 09, 2006, 05:48 PM
My prediction is the hype will eventually die out and people will lose interest (like they did with GameCube, N64 etc)

I really don't see the fuss in the thing.

Them two you mentioned never died out, they never had the stake in the market in the first place.

Goldeneye and Ocarina of time on N64 though:

<3

haha

Moz La Punk

Indeed.

Anyway, judge all you want, myself, my girlfriend and friends, hell, even my PARENTS, are having a blast with this. Man, the presentation is so slick, you really don't mind the GameCube-ish graphics.

And Zelda... haha... if you have to miss out on that in your life, good luck.

Well, now I only have to buy Viva Pinata and Gears of War in two weeks so I have an awesome holiday.

Subliminal

I'll just play Zelda on the GameCube.

If someone could explain to me what the big deal about owning one is, Then i'll happily shut up about how i think it's over hyped.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Subliminal on Dec 10, 2006, 02:46 AM
I'll just play Zelda on the GameCube.

If someone could explain to me what the big deal about owning one is, Then i'll happily shut up about how i think it's over hyped.

Ehm... you could say that about every console. Whats the big deal owning a console? Games. Every console has good games, there's no way around that.

Well... maybe not the Atari Jaguar