Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Nine Inch Nails Thread

Started by devilinside, Jan 13, 2007, 03:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defTHE1s

Quote from: lithium on Dec 13, 2008, 09:22 PM
they used nin to torture people? source please.
where can i get that torture again? I think it'll like me!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

devilinside

Quote from: Deftones-88-05-Deftones on Dec 13, 2008, 04:15 PM
Last night Sacramento, that was probably the best fucking show I have ever seen. Im fucking tired from the road trip but that was an amazing fucking show. Miss Devilinside you were right, the stage is fucking awesome and in this twilight makes also a great and emotional ending song :)
Overall 100/10 !!!!!

Kick ass! I'm glad you liked the show. Seems like forever since I saw them. :(

MissRomania

Trent announced that the new NIN lineup will be a four-piece, and there are some US tour dates coming up in April!
So, all of the sobbing about Trent's tour break should be put on hold until September.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

This sux :(

Alessandro Cortini, keyboard player for NINE INCH NAILS, has announced that he is leaving the band to concentrate on his own projects. He said in a statement, "It's been exactly four years since I joined NINE INCH NAILS and the time has come for me to move onto new things. I feel a need to explore other paths in music and life which leads me to leave the tour at this stage. I am grateful of the chance i was given: it doesn't happen every day to be able to work next to some of the most talented people on this planet. Trent and Co. have been aware of this decision of mine for a while now and are prepared to take the band to the next step. Thanks to all the fans who welcomed me at the beginning of my journey and supported me through the years: I hope to see you around here or there."

NINE INCH NAILS mainman Trent Reznor revealed at the band's December 13, 2008 concert in Las Vegas that the group will hit the road in Australia in January as a four-piece. (See video footage of Trent's speech below.)

NINE INCH NAILS has tapped LOSTPROPHETS' Ilan Rubin to handle the drum duties for the group on the road beginning in early 2009.

Josh Freese, who made his final appearance with NINE INCH NAILS in Las Vegas on December 13, played with the band for the last three years, joining the lineup in late 2005.

Ilan Rubin, 20, began playing drums at the age of 8, when he discovered his father's 1968 Silver Sparkle Ludwig drum kit set up in the garage. He has reportedly taken lessons from BLINK-182's Travis Barker and David Uosikkinen, drummer of famed '80s band THE HOOTERS. He is also an accomplished guitarist and classical pianist.

Cortini was and is awesome ! A four piece? Why doesnt he call Lohner? Anyway looking for more NIN shows.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

White Wrist

devilinside

Awwwwwwwwww ALLY!!! I love that fuck. Oh well....Clouser? lol One can only wish.

lithium

💩

ronnie dobbs

lithium

💩

IDAUMAUDAU

100 gb for one footage LOL. 10000p ?

I have a LCD 24" HD at home. Not a cinema screen. :@

edit : I've not understand there's many angle for one show... I Hope someone will make a dvd. I don't really want to buy an 1terra hard drive just for that. >:(

lithium

i'm sure dvd'S will ensue
💩

devilinside

Yeah I'm not DL that shit! I'll wait...a leak or something will appear soon.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Is a lot of GB, Im fine with the live rehearsals MP3s :)
Hopefully someone will compress all that shit on the NIN forum
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

Nostro

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Mikey

devilinside

Upon hearing the news that TVT, his former record label (and the first such company to completely piss the man off) fired half their staff and filed for bankruptcy in February 2008, Nine Inch Nails' Trent Reznor took a break from "doing secret things" in Los Angeles to fart in their general direction.
On Monday, February 18, the minimalist nin.com main page contained a single post, entitled "you're gonna get yours." One snarky little sentence followed: "Not ALL news about the music industry is bad these days" -- linked to a story about TVT's doom.

On Monday, the minimalist nin.com main page contained a single post, entitled Why was Reznor so cheery? Put simply: History.

TVT Records, NIN's first label, was considered for many years to be one of the top independent imprints. The music that launched the company, however, was not indie fare -- rather "Television's Greatest Hits," an album made up entirely of TV theme songs.

Once TVT was flush with cash from fans of "Leave It To Beaver" and "Love Boat" theme tunes, the company decided to branch out into industrial and rock music. (The business actually still carries the name "TeeVee Toons, Inc.," but the owners wisely use an abbreviation for their non-schlock releases.)

In 1989, along came Nine Inch Nails and the "Pretty Hate Machine" album -- a breakout hit for both Reznor and the label. But just a year later, the seedy-motel-with-vibrating-bed-style honeymoon was over when (amid other problems) release and royalty issues for the "Head Like A Hole" EP made the song of the same name as prophetic as it was popular.

Because much of the turmoil stemmed from the doings of company president Steve Gottlieb, there was no easy fix. NIN and TVT eventually parted, though Reznor was left with lingering financial ties to the company -- essentially the cost of his freedom. (The bitterness was slow to fade, as evident on Nine Inch Nails' second album, "Broken," which carried the usual liner notes followed by a barb: "no thanks: you know who you fucking are.")

Trent Reznor was hardly the label's only malcontent.

Pitbull, one of the artists currently on TVTs roster, also points the finger of blame at Gottlieb. "A label's there to further and promote your career, but it feels like they just keep holding me back," the rapper said earlier this month. Then, after hearing of the company's bankruptcy filing, he told AllHipHop.com, "Of course the situation is very unfortunate for the people who lost their jobs, and it's unfortunate that it came to this... but it's a very fortunate situation for the artists. That puts us one step closer to freedom."

As Reznor notes, now it's payback time... and karma can be a beautiful thing. (In this case, it means figuring out how to deal with well over $10 million of debt.)

Still, not everyone is cheering. The staff at Matador Records -- another indie label with similar bootstrappin' roots -- had a very different take on the news. "The end of TVT Records -- easily the most visionary independent imprint since the heyday of Enigma -- should send a chill down the spine of every man, woman and child."

Yeah, whatever, guys. See how you feel about them after being bitch-slapped by the legal system just to get back what should have always been yours.

devilinside

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Quote from: devilinside on Feb 16, 2009, 04:34 PM
WHUUUUUUT?!?!?!?!?

http://www.celebuzz.com/trent-reznor-britney-share-beautiful-s85371/

I knew about this last night and I was like O.o '  too
WTF is wrong with him?
He should start recording new stuff for a new Cd with some sounds off Ghosts, like Ghost 37 or 28 or 14.