Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well - Versions

Started by Moz La Punk, Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Wraith584 on Mar 14, 2007, 06:49 PM
thanks Moz!!!

by the way, I'm buying the cd the day it comes out (as I did with Saturday Night Wrist)... it's just I've been waiting since Fall of 2003 for Poison the Well and alas, I cannot wait any longer!

Tell us your impressions soon :)

Chrisbo

Went to see the band last night in Glasgow, and I've got to say I was completely surprised with how short the set was. They only played for like 30-40 minutes, and the gig finished at half 9. The venue was degraded from the 1000 capacity Garage, down to the G2 which holds around 400-500 (where they supported The Dillinger Escape Plan last time). So in some aspects that was pretty cool, a smaller, tighter venue but I'm guessing it would have been a bit of a bummer for the band. Still what we got, rocked the fuck out. Cant remember order (I'm shit with these things) so here's a list

Artists Rendering Of Me
Slice Paper Wrists
Nerdy
Botchla
Turn Down Elliot
Ghostchant
Zombies Are Good For Your Health
Crystal Lake
3 new songs, which I do not know the title of

Got to say the new songs sounded rather punky and rock n' rolly compared to the other stuff. It was hard to hear the singing that well, and you could tell Jeff was a bit pissed with that. But the crowd more than made up for it haha! Met Ryan afterwards, but didnt have the time to talk as the asshole security were shooing us out (it's like come on, it's not even reached 10 yet) so just asked if they were going to be back here, and he said some time in the fall. Which is cool! Pictures...

]

Signed ticket by Ryan

I'm really looking forward to 'Versions' now!

If anyone else is going to see them on the UK tour, I'd suggest catching the first band, The Ghost Of A Thousand, I thought they were awesome, despite the venue being like a quarter of an eighth full. Sort of like Refused, mixed with The Bronx, really energetic!

Also to Moz, they're playing the Melkweg in Amsterdam on March 24th, thought that would interest you.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Gaz

Cheers for the photos and review mate, I'm off to see them in Manchester tomorrow night, but I'd be a bit pissed off if they play a short setlist.

law

Chris, we supported Ghost of a Thousand a couple of months back, they were ok but a bit cocky for me.

Looking forward to hearing the new PTW album :)

marty

Quote from: Chrisbo on Mar 15, 2007, 10:32 AM
Artists Rendering Of Me
Slice Paper Wrists
Nerdy
Botchla
Turn Down Elliot
Ghostchant
Zombies Are Good For Your Health
Crystal Lake
3 new songs, which I do not know the title of
Wicked man, no For a Bandaged Iris though!

I've been out of the loop with them for a while, but what ever happened to Derek. He was my favourite. He looked so out of place within the band, but he a ninja on stage. Ryan's always cool - he was screaming at us from the stage while he was playing

neutron liar

PTW lost 2 members between albums including their guitarist who wrote such killer riffs for them.  This is partly why their new stuff is a lot different.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I mentioned this in the all things "Core" thread...We get the PTW, FBTMOF, HHLL, the End tour in our local venue that holds max 500 with a small stage [sweet stage dives].  Im having my cousin tape it while I enjoy the set.  It should be hot! and its on 4/20.  Im excited, I haven't seen them since they played here in 2004 with the Bled and we made them do an encore with the lights on after half the crowd left!

skinnypuppy

PTW have insanely short shows. Maybe the vocalist can't handle more than a half hour set...

Gaz

I'll be setting off to see them in a couple of hours, anyone know how good the merch is on this tour, PTW usually have some great designs.

justaphase

can't wait too see them im loving the new album more and more. i just can't get it through my head how good of an opener VERSIONS has. that pre chours is fucking beefy.

Far away

i must admite that i was really excited about the 'Versions', its a good album, but i expected something like...a better version of 'You come before you'.. anyway

versions still good

highlights for me:

- The notches that create your headboard
- Slow good morning
- You will not be welcomed (my fav track)

cory

you will not be welcomed is awesome. love that song

Paint Your Lips

I think it's fucking awesome. I was a bit disapointed to begin with, but it grew on my like a fingus. I still enjoy the sound on the Leaked demo's more.

My favourites on Versions:
Pleading Post
Slow good Morning
Letter Thing
The Notches That Create Your Headboard
The First Day of My Second Life

Awesome, can't wait to buy that cd, the day after my birthday, hehe.

Inkblades

snw9

Code: [Select]

black coffee

Versions is a worthy successor to You Come Before You. I like it a lot, great music while driving around.

Deftones To Fall

i just bought tickets to see them next month
they played for a long ass time when i saw them over the summer
their new shit is badass mothafuckas!

tonesfi

Wrecking Itself Taking You With Me (European release bonus track only)
http://tinyurl.com/3x6qs5

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: tonesfi on Mar 30, 2007, 09:32 PM
Wrecking Itself Taking You With Me (European release bonus track only)
http://tinyurl.com/3x6qs5
Awesome, thanks, man !

I saw that Oceanbreast is going to be the bonus track on the japanese edition, do you know if it's a re-recording of the demo? Or just the demo?

theis

this album have kind of grown on me. i usually don't like this type of music, but for some reason i'm digging this.