Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well - Versions

Started by Moz La Punk, Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Quote from: theis on Apr 01, 2007, 09:00 AM
this album have kind of grown on me. i usually don't like this type of music, but for some reason i'm digging this.

Have you listened to You Come Before You before? Its even better imo.

ben

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: ben on Apr 01, 2007, 06:11 PM
So is Tear From the Red.
No, no, no, no, no no, no, no...

It goes:
Versions
You come before You
Opposite of December
Tear from the Red
Distance only makes the Heart grow fonder

;)

Softparody

I've only listened to one song by Poison The Well and that is ''Botchia'' - and man, that song is rocking the socks of me! Are there any other songs I should check out then..?
Death is screaming my name
yet I refuse to listen to Him

Paint Your Lips

Go get their albums, man. You won't be disapointed.

Xrated_Transmission

i just took a listen to the new album

I diddent really like it, but it had some moments

neutron liar

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 01, 2007, 07:07 PM
Quote from: ben on Apr 01, 2007, 06:11 PM
So is Tear From the Red.
No, no, no, no, no no, no, no...

It goes:
Versions
You come before You
Opposite of December
Tear from the Red
Distance only makes the Heart grow fonder

;)

IMO:

It goes:

You come before You -[tied]- Opposite of December
Tear from the Red
Versions
Distance only makes the Heart grow Fonder

Alvar

"The Notches That Create Your Headboard"  just kills me...

last.fm/user/z0z0bra
The streets have gone dark. They've been dark for days. We board up the house. Hide upstairs and wait!

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: neutron liar on Apr 02, 2007, 02:08 PMIt goes:

Tear from the Red
Versions
Why do you have TFTR that high up? Is it because it's old? Because it certainly can't be because of the production or diversity. IMHO it's their weakest full length by far. :)

marty

Quote from: Softparody on Apr 01, 2007, 07:55 PM
I've only listened to one song by Poison The Well and that is ''Botchia'' - and man, that song is rocking the socks of me! Are there any other songs I should check out then..?
Dude, check them out. Botchia does have a wicked awsome riff though.

For a Bandaged iris is still my favourite. Its like they have three singers....Jeffrey has a wicked range.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: marty on Apr 02, 2007, 09:04 PM
Dude, check them out. Botchia does have a wicked awsome riff though.
It's, 'Botchla'. ;)

And Jeff's probb. my favourite vocalist. I love his screams and I would kill for his clean vocals ! And he writes the best chorus. I mean, the way he delivers them, it's out of tis world.

marty

Sorry about the spelling...my England is yuck!!!!!

Daryl Pulumbo is still my greatest singer. Everything You Wanted to Know About Silence is STILL the ultimate breakup album...Siberian Kiss, Lovebites..., When one eight becomes..., all such wicked songs

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: marty on Apr 02, 2007, 09:24 PM
Daryl Pulumbo is still my greatest singer. Everything You Wanted to Know About Silence is STILL the ultimate breakup album...Siberian Kiss, Lovebites..., When one eight becomes..., all such wicked songs
Funny you should mention him, because I think he takes the second place. And yeah, EYEWTKAS is fucking great. My fav. track is Lovebites and Razorlines. Awesome band, can't wait to get some new tunes by them.

marty

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 02, 2007, 09:51 PM
Quote from: marty on Apr 02, 2007, 09:24 PM
Funny you should mention him, because I think he takes the second place. And yeah, EYEWTKAS is fucking great. My fav. track is Lovebites and Razorlines. Awesome band, can't wait to get some new tunes by them.
Yeah Man. Im dieing to hear what they will be like with just Becks on guitar and the new rhythm section. Manny is the goddamn bass master!

have you heard any new tunes yet?

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: marty on Apr 02, 2007, 10:03 PM
have you heard any new tunes yet?
John Fucking Lennon (Sounds so fucking awesome !)
Jesus Glue (the way he sings the lines sounds so good, man. Prob the best song they've made in years)
Natural born Farmer (don't know if it'll make the record)

You can find them on Youtube, Marty.

neutron liar

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 02, 2007, 08:55 PM

Tear from the Red
Versions
Why do you have TFTR that high up? Is it because it's old? Because it certainly can't be because of the production or diversity. IMHO it's their weakest full length by far. :)

yeah the production sucked, but I thought it was a sweet record since it was pretty hard like the Opposite of December, yet it had a lot of great melodies to it as well; more so than ever before it.  It felt like a good progression at the time when it came out since the Opposite had only been with me for a little bit.  I still love it.  To me, the middle 3 albums all own.  The early stuff was just that, and I don't like the new record much.

Deftones To Fall

you come before you
versions
opposite of december
tear from the red
distance

endoeleven

Opposite of December
You Come Before You
Versions
Tear from the Red
Distance Only Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Chrisbo

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 02, 2007, 09:14 PMAnd Jeff's probb. my favourite vocalist. I love his screams and I would kill for his clean vocals ! And he writes the best chorus. I mean, the way he delivers them, it's out of tis world.

Yeah man, he definitely is one of the best vocalists out there for sure!

My opinion on Versions - great! It's a bit more subtle than the other albums, but it's grown on me a lot. In my opinion, it's the slower more ballad-ic songs that grasp me more though. Like 'You Will Not Be Welcomed', 'Riverside' and 'Slow Good Morning', which are three of my favourites. It's funny as well that since buying the album, 'Letter Thing' has grown on me a hell of a lot too. This seems to happen a lot with me, the first songs I hear off of albums normally dont impress me much at first, but grow up to be my favourite songs later. This might sound stupid, but I can imagine standing in a big corn field in Mid-West America whilst listening to this, some of the songs have a wierd country/western vibe to them, it's strange but captivating. One of the strongest releases this year so far.

I'm not going to order the albums yet, as I feel that Versions still has some 'growing-time' to do.

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

Malpractice

Quote from: Paint Your Lips on Apr 02, 2007, 08:55 PM

Tear from the Red
Versions

it has their best song on it though imo 'pieces of you in me' but yea the album as a whole is not their best work. 'you come before you' is my favorite