Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well - Versions

Started by Moz La Punk, Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neutron liar

alright, tonight is the night!  PTW in a small venue, chaos to insue.  Unfortunately, I don't have a camera man anymore...so there might not be any video!  :(

black coffee

the lyrics are kind of fucked up . especially slow good morning and nagaina are rly weird.

Paint Your Lips

Quote from: black coffee on Apr 20, 2007, 04:32 PM
the lyrics are kind of fucked up . especially slow good morning and nagaina are rly weird.
Yeah, I love that somehow.

neutron liar, hope you had a blast.

Malpractice

just gave the cd a listen today and all i can say is wow. definetly one of the best albums i have heard in a very long time. the melding of country and hardcore came completly out of left field and works a hell of a lot better than you think it would. also to further the sentiment already shown in this thread "letter thing" is one of the best openrs to an album ever. that kicks your ass right off the bat immediatley, 'great southern trendkill' style

neutron liar

the new songs fit pretty well into their set live... I have to analyze video I got yet, but it was a good show.  Requests were taken, I couldn't believe they played Turn Down Elliot! 

Malpractice

Quote from: neutron liar on Apr 23, 2007, 02:11 PMI couldn't believe they played Turn Down Elliot! 

they play that pretty much every show, it's usually the second or third song

Chrisbo

Yo Neutron, what new songs did they play? And how long did they play for?

Quote from: Chino Moreno
You are as cool as you tell yourself you are...everybody just do what you do...have a good time...don't walk around being a punk...walk around and be excited...live your life

neutron liar

35-45 minutes...4 new songs... I'll have to check the video... my time is limited since im working everyday, while packing and moving this weekend.....

I hope to have video of the whole show for download in the coming weeks.

orangemunky

dude what happened to ptw??
theyre not what i thought they would be with this new album...
sounds totally different and i dont like it
AT ALL!!

but then again it has some cool guit riffs......

Malpractice

Quote from: Chrisbo on Apr 24, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yo Neutron, what new songs did they play? And how long did they play for?
i am pretty sure the new songs they are playing are these "letter thing", "pleading post", "prematurio el baby", "naive monarch", and i think possibly "nagaina"

Paint Your Lips

Goddamn ...

I was fortunate enough the find a copy of Versions a few days back. I've been listening to it constantly since. This album is just amazing. It's by far my favourite release of 07. The new sound, the new instruments, everything just adds up and equals one hell of a beautiful package of raw energy and melodic parts.

Even the bonus track kicks ass, and proves that Jeffrey is a master when it comes to creating a melodic and well delivered chorus.

Rating: 6 out of 6 lips

neutron liar

Paint Your Lips

"wreck itself taking You with Me" is a bonus track that appears, I guess on the european release. It's def. on my copy. :)

neutron liar

you should post it up please.

Paint Your Lips

http://www.mediafire.com/?4kgoijwzwmm

Here, man. I found the link on the second page of this thread.

neutron liar

skinnypuppy

They put on a good show at the Glasshouse, but I had a bad time because I dislocated my shoulder 20 seconds into the first song, Letter Thing. I spent that entire song, plus one more song, trying to get it back in my shoulder socket. Then, I go back into the show and get pushed real hard to the floor, and fracture my tail bone. while on the floor, someone steps on my face. I also spent the majority of the day talking to my ex about her current sex life with her new BF.

Really bad fucking day.

But PTW put on a really tight show, and had a lot of energy. The crowd sucked, and the setlist was fucking short, and the opening bands sucked, but PTW were good.

Paint Your Lips

Shit, dude... You have my sympathy. Hope you're alright.

neutron liar

lostcancer

Quote from: skinnypuppy on May 09, 2007, 08:14 PM
They put on a good show at the Glasshouse, but I had a bad time because I dislocated my shoulder 20 seconds into the first song, Letter Thing. I spent that entire song, plus one more song, trying to get it back in my shoulder socket. Then, I go back into the show and get pushed real hard to the floor, and fracture my tail bone. while on the floor, someone steps on my face. I also spent the majority of the day talking to my ex about her current sex life with her new BF.

Really bad fucking day.

But PTW put on a really tight show, and had a lot of energy. The crowd sucked, and the setlist was fucking short, and the opening bands sucked, but PTW were good.

i really wanted to go, but i made other plans. Hopefully i can catch them at the warpedtour...think home depot center will be a good venue?

did you cry?