Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Poison the Well - Versions

Started by Moz La Punk, Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moz La Punk

Anyone heard the new record yet? It's pretty awesome. Basically reminds me of You come before You and I loved that album, so I'm happy.

I want to see them live as well. Anyone know if they're coming to Europe?

Gaz

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 13, 2007, 03:03 PM
Anyone heard the new record yet? It's pretty awesome. Basically reminds me of You come before You and I loved that album, so I'm happy.

I want to see them live as well. Anyone know if they're coming to Europe?

They are playing in the UK this week, not sure about mainland Europe though.

skinnypuppy

Amazing album. It's not exactly better than their last, but it's still an amazing listen. The first track, Letter Thing, is probably their best track ever. Likewise, the album gets better and better after every listen.

I'll be seeing them live for the fourth time in a month or so, and plan to see them play on the Warped Tour too.

Moz La Punk

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Mar 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
Amazing album. It's not exactly better than their last, but it's still an amazing listen. The first track, Letter Thing, is probably their best track ever. Likewise, the album gets better and better after every listen.

I'll be seeing them live for the fourth time in a month or so, and plan to see them play on the Warped Tour too.

Yeah, getting better with every listen. I had this with You Come Before You as well. I know lots of fans didnt like the direction that record (and probably this one) took, but I am loving it.

marty

I love how they mix proper brutality with such pretty melody's.

I saw them a few years ago at the Big Day Out festival here. They played opposite Metallica and they absolutly detroyed the stage. Sound wise they were perfect and even though they played to less than 100 people, they played their asses off.

I also met Derrick. I think he's left now.

I have only heard those demos that were floating around and didn't think much of them. Is the new album out proper now?

justaphase

fuckin letter things is amazing i love that damn song

i haven't went through the whole album but it sounds pretty gnarly so far.

cory

Quote from: marty on Mar 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
I love how they mix proper brutality with such pretty melody's.

I saw them a few years ago at the Big Day Out festival here. They played opposite Metallica and they absolutly detroyed the stage. Sound wise they were perfect and even though they played to less than 100 people, they played their asses off.

I also met Derrick. I think he's left now.

I have only heard those demos that were floating around and didn't think much of them. Is the new album out proper now?

it comes out in april. i thought those demos were mediocre except for number 2 vocal edit and oceanbreast, those tracks were fucking titties

lostcancer

i wanna love it but i'm not diggin it as much as i wanted to, i'm hoping it grows on me with more listens

noll

kinda dull in comparison with ycby. too bad.

skinnypuppy

the leaked demos sucked; they had no energy or vibe inside them. the final album is much different.

siL.

ive heard the four songs they put in the internet, and so far im not feelin them so much, i loved ycby though.

Wraith584

seriously what the fuck are you guys talking about... the album comes out on April 7th so how could you all be listening to it already? did it leak somewhere?

also, 4 songs on the internet? they've only put 2 new songs up (if you're referring to their myspace page)

Deftones To Fall

yeah the whole cd leaked bouts 2 weeks ago
least thats when i got it
and ive met all of the current members and they are so fuckin nice
plus jeff loves the deftones
seein them in april again

Moz La Punk

Quote from: Wraith584 on Mar 14, 2007, 05:11 AM
seriously what the fuck are you guys talking about... the album comes out on April 7th so how could you all be listening to it already? did it leak somewhere?

Welcome to thar intarnetz.

Wraith584

Gaz

Quote from: Moz La Punk on Mar 14, 2007, 08:14 AM
Quote from: Wraith584 on Mar 14, 2007, 05:11 AM

Welcome to thar intarnetz.

lolz

Wraith584

thanks Moz!!!

by the way, I'm buying the cd the day it comes out (as I did with Saturday Night Wrist)... it's just I've been waiting since Fall of 2003 for Poison the Well and alas, I cannot wait any longer!

Marlon Brando

everybody here, poison the well sucks

alot

Quote from: goldpony on Oct 29, 2007, 09:00 PM
don't be rude marlon

orangemunky