Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

DEFTONES BRISTOL - CANCELLED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by stu_101, Mar 18, 2007, 05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stu_101

http://www.bristol-academy.co.uk/

Deftones
Original Date: Sun 18 Mar
Rescheduled Date: TBC
This show has been postponed due to illness. We will advise of a rescheduled date in due course. All tickets will remain valid, for this date once announced. Any requiring a refund must return the full booking to the original point of purchase.

Martin

Owww that sucks...
Wonder who's ill...guess Chino is...

dawg

damn...hope no other dates will be canceled!

stu_101

I'm so fucked off! i met steph and abe earlier and they we're cool... man.. I'm SOOOO depressed!

Martin

Gaz

Starz

Fuck, I hope who ever is ill is well enough for Tuesday night...

Longstem

oww fuck man.. oww fuck..

Too bad for those at bristol.

Im really really really gonna pray for tuesday... let paris be a magical healing to the guys.

grtz

ToneDef

Yeah if they cancel Tuesday I'll probably hang myself.

ToneDef

Well what difference does it make? They still ain't playing tonight which means there's a chance other dates would be 'postponed' also.

Gaz

Quote from: blondie on Mar 18, 2007, 07:42 PM
you morons obviously don't understand the difference between cancelled and postponed.

Oh shit, I guess were all doomed then  ::)

lollercoaster

rufas

I was round the corner in the pub when he heard. Would have been my 6th time.

Instead of leaving to go to the gig, we kept drinking and then I went to native to see some cool funk band . . but i got too drunk, I had been drinking since like mid day.

I've now woken up, there is sick all over the carpet of my flat and it STINKS!!!

THANKS CHINO

There is no way they will reschedule this Bristol date, I was suprised they were playing here in the first place. I would go to Brixton but I'm back for easter in just another few more days and can't afford the extra trip  :-\

pissedandpierced

Quote from: rufas on Mar 19, 2007, 09:32 AM
There is no way they will reschedule this Bristol date, I was suprised they were playing here in the first place. I would go to Brixton but I'm back for easter in just another few more days and can't afford the extra trip  :-\

I was quite suprised that they were playing Bristol and your right about that they won't reschedule it. I really am sorry to hear that though, they probably caught something in Norwich.
"It's good to be classic, it kinda shows that we're old" - Chino Moreno, Kerrang! Awards 2007

vadimo

fuck sake, there 90% brixton will be canceled too!

The only time they can rescheduled for is probably near summer time now.

Shit!

ToneDef

Fuck man... How sure are you of this? I don't wanna get down there only to find out it's not on.

vadimo

yeah i know what you mean, but i just i think he might take time to recover whatever infection he is got and the date which got canceled is close to brixton date, so uhmmm

i really hope they play man, brixton is nice venue, would be spectacular to see deftones there.

I guess we just have to check back @ carling academy website

ToneDef

Brixton Academy was the venue I was due to see them for the very first time back in the day. However, I got sick and couldn't go. Would be pretty ironic.

Let's just hope man. If they do decide not to play then they should at least let us know before we actually get down there.

rufas

I very much doubt they would cancel Brixton maybe Portsmouth as it's tonight but not Brixton.

After seeing NIN last sunday you only have to look at their tour schedule to realize there is no way a metal band can maintain a performance that many nights in a row. Sure enough, Reznor & co cancelled Wolverhampton the day after.

They rescheduled for the weekend after reading & leeds, so the only way I could see Deftones 'rescheduling' this date would be if they got announced for Reading on monday (shucks thats today). And even then, I find the possibility that they would trek it all the way back to the South west jus for the one show a very a small possibility.

I saw Deftones at Brixon back a few albums and it was indeed wicked.  I hope all the excellent people here have a fun night.

edit: And by the way, going on past experience, I doubt Chino has actually 'caught something'. It is much more likely that it's down to just being worn out, or excessive behaviour, although I could be wrong. . .

vadimo

you might be right right guys!

Brixton is the show they must play! hah