Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Queens Of The Stone Age

Started by White Wrist, May 28, 2007, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben

Rated R is my favorite as well.  I hear they are re-issuing/remastering/adding bonus tracks to the album this year.

defTHE1s

we need a new QOTSA album soon. The thing that keeps us waiting is enjoy TCV, pretty good album indeed

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

tarkil

I love QOTSA, but man, their production is shitty (loudness war anyone ?), so it makes it really tiring to listen to their albums, especially the latest ones...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

defTHE1s

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Nebontha

that's cool news about the re-issuing of Rated R, really digging that album lately
QuoteKKK=Good?

Motherfucking racists.

defTHE1s

really, i was about to buy it today, but i'll save some money and get it later

Oldnewtype

finally bought S/t today, the only one I was missing.

ben

I like the extras on the Rated R re-issue.  Really cool live set. 

Mothman

Quote from: ben on Aug 08, 2010, 10:17 PM
I like the extras on the Rated R re-issue.  Really cool live set. 
Me too. It compensates the lack of different mixes of the original album and some more studio rework. It's a really cool pack.

BTW, did someone see the new booklet? Is it the same of the original or deluxe versions?

Note: As I see, Sharing Lungs has a lot of specific threads for cool bands. Nice work ^^
You move like I want to.

bright lights, big city

Josh Homme starred on tonight's Anthony Bourdain No Reservations. Great episode with great music featuring some of the guys from the Desert Sessions at Rancho de la Luna in the SoCal desert.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

downtownpony

Saw that the other night. Twas a good episode.

pinkmaggit

Quote from: defTHE1s on May 25, 2010, 03:55 AM
we need a new QOTSA album soon. The thing that keeps us waiting is enjoy TCV, pretty good album indeed

Agreed - it's been a long long time since Era Vulgaris.
Although I love the Queens, I find TCV a bit boring and lacking variety so it's not tiding me over at all.
I hope Mark Lanegan features on the new album - my favourite QOTSA album thus far is Songs for the Deaf. Lanegan's contributions on that album are the stuff of legend.

Queens of the Stone Age - Hangin' Tree (live)

pinkmaggit

Here's a very cool clip of Lanegan recording a cover of ZZ Top's ' Precious and Grace'.
This song should have made the album.
I love the way he's always smoking, even when recording vocals!

Mark Lanegan- Precious & Grace

bright lights, big city

Agreed about TCV. They really aren't supplementing my need for new QOTSA.

Anyway, I was on the highway last night around midnight when this song randomly played on my ipod. It was bliss flying down the highway with the windows down, this blasting, and hardly anyone else out.

Queens of the Stone Age - Medication

Such great driving music.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Aug 18, 2011, 05:55 PM
Such great driving music.

Troof!

And yeah, I fucking love Lanegan's contributions to QotSA.

pinkmaggit

When is a new album coming?????
We've been promised one for ages, still there's not even any news whether they're in the studio or anything plus their website has remained unchanged forever.
It's been a long time since 2007's Era Vulgaris!!!!
I get the feeling Josh Homme has sidetracked QOTSA, devoting much more of his attention to Them Crooked Vultures, which is a real pity as I think QOTSA is the much better band.
Especially when Lanegan is part of the proceedings!
QOTSA was actually supposed to be more Lanegan's band when it formed, then they had the idea to alternate vocals like they did in Songs for the Deaf, however it's ended up being Josh's band with him taking the role of lead vocalist.
I do enjoy the songs he sings on, although he's not the greatest singer but I much preferred it when we had the variety that Songs for the Deaf provided!

rxjustine

New album coming in 2013. Joey Castillo has left the band and Dave Grohl is back. Absolutely insane news. Bittersweet though, as I really liked Joey.

Crazylegs

Apparently Trent Reznor is contributing to this album as well. Not the first person i would expect to work with qotsa. Stoked for some new music though!

defTHE1s

Quote from: Crazylegs on Nov 15, 2012, 08:58 PM
Stoked for some new music though!
Same here, TCV doesn't do it for QOTSA, we need some new stuff soon!
I read on their tweeter that new album will be mid 2013... it's a loooooong time..

deftones47

Quote from: rxjustine on Nov 15, 2012, 08:26 PM
Joey Castillo has left the band and Dave Grohl is back. Absolutely insane news. Bittersweet though, as I really liked Joey.

Yeah, Joey was an awesome drummer indeed.

I'm guessing Grohl is just filling in again like he did on Songs for the Deaf. He is, though, a badass drummer too.