Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Queens Of The Stone Age

Started by White Wrist, May 28, 2007, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazylegs

We'll have to agree to disagree i guess. But i sure do disagree, not even close in my opinion. I think i made this same comment in the foo fighters thread, but for me foo fighters is like a perfect gateway band into rock music in the way that their music can appeal to little bieber kids and still sound pretty rocking, and while the queens probably work the same way for many (they certainly did for me) they have a more challenging sound and aren't afraid to break the mold. Actually i kinda hope Foo Fighters would experiment more, they're too comfortable.

bewareofrats

I agree with some of what you're saying about FF being too comfortable at times and lacking experimentation but I just have to say something.  As far as being rocking goes, QOTSA could only dream of being as rocking as TCATS.  That album owns anything they've done, in terms of quality and rocking.  That album is the definition of alternative rock to me.  QOTSA may experiment more but their experimentation doesn't do much for me.  And, Bieber kids?  You must be kidding.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Crazylegs

the bieber kids comment wasn't supposed to be an insult man, that's just how broad they're fan base is. You won't be able to find a person who doesn't like everlong, and if they say they don't they're lying. Again we''ll have to say that our understandings of something rocking differ quite a bit, it's a subjective thing i guess. But rocking to me is more than crash cymbals and distorted guitars (allthough it surely helps), and playing it safe definitely isn't rocking. I think no person should be able to honestly say that foo fighters rock more than the queens after hearing this bassline: Queens Of The Stone Age - Mexicola

bewareofrats

You're right, it's a subjective thing.  Foo Fighters at their peak are just more intense to me.  As far as alternative rock goes, TCATS rocks hard imo.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

theis

Quote from: bewareofrats on May 22, 2013, 06:32 PM
However, they will always be better than QOTSA.

Still, Dave Grohl > most people.

White Wrist

Crazylegs

theis

Awesome.

Man, Josh sounds so good live. Sooo excited to see them at this years Roskilde Festival.

theis

bright lights, big city

I remember that episode, definitely my favorite. Was awesome seeing Rancho de la Luna. Bourdain also had a pretty good one with the Black Keys.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones47

Got my copy of ...Like Clockwork finally! It was on CD and a day before it was actually released.

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

elite54

for antarctic handshake i will.

defTHE1s

Quote from: luisch on Jun 11, 2013, 07:35 PM
Someone can rip the BBC performance, please?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/music/artists/7dc8f5bd-9d0b-4087-9f73-dc164950bbd8
Someone got it?

I must say, Like Clockwork is for me the weakest album made by them... EVER.
It has some good songs, but Era Vulgaris was way better than this, without mentioning the other albums that are some serious good stuff.

Too bad they came to Mexico 2 times in the last years and couldn't get to see them live :(

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

theis

Pfft.

Like Clockwork is perfect.

BewareTheWater

Just put Songs For The Deaf on my Ipod. Made me remember how much I fucking love that album . Also takes me back to how I really got into the band .... When I played Jak X : Combat Racing and they used the songs " Millionaire " and " A Song For The Deaf " for the intro cutscene xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrsClGXLEHc

Crazylegs

So, "coming twenty five".

people are people

lostpilot

a) one of my most favourite bands to work out to
b) excited about new album cause it seems that these guys can never go wrong, right?

Crazylegs

Quote from: lostpilot on Apr 07, 2017, 04:57 PM
b) excited about new album cause it seems that these guys can never go wrong, right?

Yep, so far all their albums have just been different shades of awesome.