Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Queens Of The Stone Age

Started by White Wrist, May 28, 2007, 08:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Wrist

I guess, there is no topic to QOTSA (only for Josh H.).So...

What do you think about the new album? And the whole band, actually?
I just listened to EV, and i was expecting something different, i really dont know why. I guess, the Era Vulgaris song made me imagine a different album.

Moz La Punk

IMO the record IS enough 'different' to be a unique experience, certainly more than the mess that was Lullabies.

I like it. It made me love QOTSA again.

devlin

i liked it, a little more mellow than i would have hoped for. sick sick sick is my fav.

White Wrist

hmm...it´s better than Lullabies, i guess. My fav are sick sick sick and 3´s and 7´s

theshadeisatool

It's good, I would have hoped for a lot more still from QOTSA, they still haven't top SFTD then...

Maybe they need Nick Olveri back, Lullabies may have been a mess but at least it had tunes like Burn The Witch, Little Sister, I Never Came, Medication. On this album I really like 3s & 7s but Sick Sick Sick is mediocre as a single, it really needs to grow on me. Is this leak I'm listening to the very shit unmastered copy or something?

Oldnewtype

Haven't heard it yet, but I finally purchased Songs For The Deaf a few weeks ago. The band will never be that good again.

Fixing to download EV though, can't wait to hear it.

Black Elvis

did you see them play bloody black fuckin sabbath mates? ah yes mates! drinkin a fuckin crate of ale to that one you blood englishmen, ill drink you under the table.

But no i thought they did a horrible cover, only because, they just had to pick paranoid to cover. That aint right anymore.
i am the black elvis

Quote from: Black Elvis on Jun 15, 2007, 10:57 PM
Delicous melissa ticklish in your mothers delicious citrus clitorious

devlin

Quote from: theshadeisatool on May 28, 2007, 08:53 PM
It's good, I would have hoped for a lot more still from QOTSA, they still haven't top SFTD then...

Maybe they need Nick Olveri back, Lullabies may have been a mess but at least it had tunes like Burn The Witch, Little Sister, I Never Came, Medication. On this album I really like 3s & 7s but Sick Sick Sick is mediocre as a single, it really needs to grow on me. Is this leak I'm listening to the very shit unmastered copy or something?

yeah man, burn the witch is in my opinion the best songs they've ever done. it has such a dark creepy feel to it. i love it.

White Wrist

The best album, is for sure SFTD. But in Lullabies my fav is Someone´s in the wolf and everybody knows that you are insane.
In era vulgaris, i was expecting a "cleaner" album. I mean, Era vulgaris is a huge song...but the other ones are very noisy...much more than before,i guess. But i am sure this album will grow on me.

My leak is 320kb..that´s good

I still dont understan why Era Vulgaris, the song, didn´t male the album. Trent is huge on that song.

theis

White Wrist

they have talent...and art...

and Josh H. has some great lyrics in all records

yoda on mars

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
Songs For The Deaf .The band will never be that good again.

Jizzlobber

Quote from: Oldnewtype on May 28, 2007, 09:38 PM
Haven't heard it yet, but I finally purchased Songs For The Deaf a few weeks ago. The band will never be that good again.

Fixing to download EV though, can't wait to hear it.

only a few a weeks ago. holding out for it? ive had that one for about 2 years or so and i agree that they will never be that good, coz Lullubies really put me off them, and if EV isnt as good as sftd, i dont think i should bother.
<

Deadradio

yeah, what happened to them?

devlin

the new album is really growing on me. the more i listen  to it the more i like it.

White Wrist

What do you think about the new album?

black coffee

it sounds really good. I am going to this festival next week, and the queens and the blood brothers are playing at the same time.

s-s-s-s-s-sticky situation

Crazylegs

I'm gonna have to listen through this one a few times, so far i'm not diggin' it.

White Wrist

at the first listen i didn´t like it. now, it´s really good. It´s QOTSA for real! And i love Era vulgaris, Trent with Josh...such a great collaboration!

theis

i've been so fucking hooked on these guys for the last couple of months.

i was never really  a big fan, but damn, it has just clicked suddenly.

awesome.