Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Quote from: theis on Mar 19, 2010, 03:16 PM
Incredible album. Not a single weak song.
omg omg omg omg i hope you're right. i'm about to hit play!!! HOLY SHIT!
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

deftones86

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Mar 19, 2010, 03:20 PM
no doubt some of deftones best work

dawg

I can't fucking believe how barely anyone is shocked that it leaked so early, instead you all are pm-ing each other the download link.
a real sad day to be a deftones fan

TheShade1989

Definitely. There are a very small number of albums that I dont skip any songs on, and this will probably be one of them. Songs grow on me more and more. Ahhhh, new Deftones...

Deadradio

can I get a PM link? Please, I won't tell! ;)

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: dawg on Mar 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
I can't fucking believe how barely anyone is shocked that it leaked so early, instead you all are pm-ing each other the download link.

Well until everyone is caught up with the download/link, who gives a fuck.

Inkblades

Come on, we waited three and a half years. It does suck for them but it should be expected when they give it to the press so early. I'll make it up to them by buying three copies on release day.

lahemi

For me it's an huge explosion of anger, love, romance, vitality and a lot more. It's like every member had TOO MUCH to contribute, but they successfully achieved to mix everything to a natural... thing. Everything just fits. Truly unbelievable, absolutely not what I'd expected. What a rich sound, so much textures, so old school (at times), but so futuristic and new. There's just not a single song I don't like. And I can't mention one song that's awesome, because for now they're almost equally awesome. I'm totally blown away. THAT'S the reason why these guys are unique. God, I'll listen the shit out of it for the next month.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 19, 2010, 03:23 PM

Definitely. There are a very small number of albums that I dont skip any songs on, and this will probably be one of them. Songs grow on me more and more. Ahhhh, new Deftones...
%100 agreed
i skip at least 2-3 songs for every album, but this one is a masterpiece
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

m1nusblindfoLd

Just started Royal, only 40 seconds in and oh my fucking God.

Already one of the best Deftones songs I've ever heard.

It's literally a mix of Adrenaline (yes) / ATF / WP / newness despite that nobody (including myself) believed it...

On to the rest...

el perro

been through all this tempting shit with s/t and snw, but tbh now i can really wait till the album comes out. really wish i had with the last 2.

TheShade1989

Quote from: lahemi on Mar 19, 2010, 03:27 PM
For me it's an huge explosion of anger, love, romance, vitality and a lot more. It's like every member had TOO MUCH to contribute, but they successfully achieved to mix everything to a natural... thing. Everything just fits. Truly unbelievable, absolutely not what I'd expected. What a rich sound, so much textures, so old school (at times), but so futuristic and new. There's just not a single song I don't like. And I can't mention one song that's awesome, because for now they're almost equally awesome. I'm totally blown away. THAT'S the reason why these guys are unique. God, I'll listen the shit out of it for the next month.

Well said. That sums it up. A lot of it is quite "new", but it's still Deftones. Very diverse too in its sound. Like you said, a huge mix of emotions. On another note...Prince and Sextape are probably my favorites. Ah...I'm liking this album. I aint surprised it leaked though. I was actually wondering why it hadnt leaked, what with all the reviews. I'm sure most Deftones fans will actually buy the album anyways though (unless they dont like it). So it's all good.

beasty

I shat my pants when I heard the cowbell in Royal.

Really good upbeat positive music(I was expecting  ST part 2).  Top to bottom just amazing music and it gets 10x better with every listen.(I didnt like risk on the first listen, now its one of my favorites) I  almost cant enjoy it completely, knowing it ws released in such good quality 2 months in advance.  Hopefully they release it on itunes sooner.  

Far away

i agree its sad but its happening for a few years now. So.. its not "IF" its going to leak, but "WHEN"..
sad but.. well.. i dont think its going to hurt the numbers of copies they are going to sell.. everyone seems stoked about it..

m1nusblindfoLd

So far YSTB remind me of Deathblow (but better)..not finished yet though.

rock_n_frost

im gonna buy 2 diamond eyes album

one for me
one for my beautiful

sextape,royal easly makes people cry
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

janie13

Honestly, even if it did leak, it's not going to stop me from going out and buying it on the release date.  I'm one of those fans that will do that shit.  And I'm sure most real fans feel the same way.  I really think that this album will do very well. 

Sushi-X

Man this is such a nice thing to wake up to  ;D

Rocket Skates '94

lahemi

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
So far YSTB remind me of Deathblow (but better)..not finished yet though.

I'm especially curious about your opinion, man. Y'know, about the guitar thingy. Imo we were worried about nothing. And that makes me happy as fuck. lol I have to laugh about the Terminator-Steph again. Shit was so cash.

sing blue silver

i'll for sure be buying this album but that was a for sure anyway.