Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sushi-X

Into track 3. so far this does not sound like them, but you know its them. its just wow!!

Rocket Skates '94

Subliminal

Diamond Eyes is officially my new favourite Deftones song. The chorus is fuckin' amazing and Stephs guitar work is just perfect. He really has mastered the rythm aspect of his guitar playing. I love how he's made Meshuggah-esque riffs sound more melodic and fit into some beautiful songs.

But anyway, anyone who's trying to stand on the moral high ground and say that this is a bad day for Deftones is deluding themselves. 1. They don't make hardly any cash off album sales, so what does it matter?

The positive aspect to this leak is the outrage that it's been leaked so early and the momentum of it being passed around to new fans or potential new fans will be huge. Thus bringing more people to their shows. Which is what it's all about it. Anyone who likes an album enough will go out and buy it anyway.

tarkil

Quote from: dawg on Mar 19, 2010, 03:22 PM
I can't fucking believe how barely anyone is shocked that it leaked so early, instead you all are pm-ing each other the download link.
a real sad day to be a deftones fan

Why would that be shocking ?
Music's done, and ready to be listened to, I don't see the problem here...

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

Law

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 19, 2010, 03:46 PM
I can't fucking believe how barely anyone is shocked that it leaked so early, instead you all are pm-ing each other the download link.

Yeah, just make sure you buy it though if you like what you hear.

Subliminal

Quote from: Law on Mar 19, 2010, 03:47 PM
Quote from: tarkil on Mar 19, 2010, 03:46 PM

Oh Tarkil will, he's a fan for life ;) just like me.

deftomontt

i cant find the link of the leek.... anybody pleasee!!!!

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: lahemi on Mar 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
So far YSTB remind me of Deathblow (but better)..not finished yet though.

I'm especially curious about your opinion, man. Y'know, about the guitar thingy. Imo we were worried about nothing. And that makes me happy as fuck. lol I have to laugh about the Terminator-Steph again. Shit was so cash.

Yeah I was worried, and although I still don't hear that specific Deftones classic guitar (still hard to describe/explain but it's obvious to hear for me), the songs so far put a lot of my fears to rest. It does still have a lot of effect sounds of old Deftones, and the guitar in some of the songs so far does sound at least similar to older Tones (I'm only on Prince). I love this thing so far, it's unbelievable really. I will update again with my thoughts on the rest! Hope everyone is enjoying!

BTW, absolutely buying this..I buy every Deftones/311/Sevendust album even after it leaks :)

rock_n_frost

everyone heard it and it will sell better

im gonna buy 2 cd
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Subliminal

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:49 PM

I'm especially curious about your opinion, man. Y'know, about the guitar thingy. Imo we were worried about nothing. And that makes me happy as fuck. lol I have to laugh about the Terminator-Steph again. Shit was so cash.

Yeah I was worried, and although I still don't hear that specific Deftones classic guitar (still hard to describe/explain but it's obvious to hear for me), this does put a lot of fears to rest. It does still have a lot of effect sounds of old Deftones, and the guitar in some of the songs so far does sound at least similar to older Tones (I'm only on Prince). I love this thing so far, it's unbelievable really. I will update again with my thoughts on the rest! Hoep everyone is enjoying!

It's probably because Steph is on the 8-string guitars now. They sound mega beefy, cutting and precise, they need to be in order to ring out such low tunings! ;)

deftomontt

a link please... i wanna ear the leak!!!

tarkil

Quote from: Law on Mar 19, 2010, 03:47 PM

::)

Come on, I thought you knew me better than that....  ;)

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 03:50 PM

Yeah I was worried, and although I still don't hear that specific Deftones classic guitar (still hard to describe/explain but it's obvious to hear for me), this does put a lot of fears to rest. It does still have a lot of effect sounds of old Deftones, and the guitar in some of the songs so far does sound at least similar to older Tones (I'm only on Prince). I love this thing so far, it's unbelievable really. I will update again with my thoughts on the rest! Hoep everyone is enjoying!

It's probably because Steph is on the 8-string guitars now. They sound mega beefy, cutting and precise, they need to be in order to ring out such low tunings! ;)

Agreed, but the first half of the album I've now heard was surprisingly less heavy than I thought and reminded more of that light guitar/less bassy sound of Adrenaline for example...or many classic rock band albums that don't have all the crazy bass/production like older Offspring or something. I love this.

OH, and Chino's voice is on point, he is seriously back and I hope he never loses it again. He is incredible and I'm impressed.

I really wish he could read this, I really want to shake his hand and say "congratulations for sounding so great again". Although I'm sure his latest live performances prove it, I just hope his voice is back in live shows just as much as it has been lately as well.

tarkil

Quote from: deftomontt on Mar 19, 2010, 03:52 PM
a link please... i wanna ear the leak!!!

Sorry, it just got ended man !!!

glassdomino

CMND_CTRL followed by YSTB = dopest dope i ever smoked

pixElsblUr

MY GOD THAT SCREAM AT 3:00 mins in Royal, beautiful shit

Deadradio

OMG!!! It's so awesome so far......what a good present for a Friday at work.

Deadradio

Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
MY GOD THAT SCREAM AT 3:00 mins in Royal, beautiful shit

Hell fuckin yeah!

Frankz0r

22 mins and it wil be mine. Enjoy people, we all are gonna buy this. No matter what, so stop complaining. If somehow it's a bad quality shit I'm d/l I'll stop listen to it and wait a for a decent whole file.

Subliminal

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:53 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 03:50 PM

Agreed, but the first half of the album I've now heard was surprisingly less heavy than I thought and reminded more of that light guitar/less bassy sound of Adrenaline for example...or many classic rock band albums that don't have all the crazy bass/production like older Offspring or something. I love this.

OH, and Chino's voice is on point, he is seriously back and I hope he never loses it again. He is incredible and I'm impressed.

I really wish he could read this, I really want to shake his hand and say "congratulations for sounding so great again". Although I'm sure his latest live performances prove it, I just hope his voice is back in live shows just as much as it has been lately as well.

No offence dude, but I hope he doesn't read this for that very comment you just made. ;)

I saw Deftones in 2006, at a club gig, 2 hours plus. Chino owned it, they played a normal set then the whole of Adrenaline and his voice was perfect throughout, SNW recordings followed suit not so long after that. It's not just down to how he sings, it's down to production values on his vocals and I don't think they were at their best on S/T or SNW. But whoever did them on this record, they brought the best out in him again.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:53 PM
I really want to shake his hand and say "congratulations for sounding so great again".

i want to give them all a huge hug