Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rock_n_frost

when deftones did a new album every - every bands of the earth should STOP, SIT BACK and LISTEN
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Subliminal

Quote from: Frankz0r on Mar 19, 2010, 03:58 PM
22 mins and it wil be mine. Enjoy people, we all are gonna buy this. No matter what, so stop complaining. If somehow it's a bad quality shit I'm d/l I'll stop listen to it and wait a for a decent whole file.

I've got a 320! ;)

beasty

Youve seen the butcher is my favorite song ever now.

tarkil

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
If you can't find a decent copy.. hit me up, cause I've got a 320! ;)

* cough * transcode * cough *

If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

deftomontt

rock_n_frost

Subliminal

Quote from: tarkil on Mar 19, 2010, 04:03 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 04:02 PM
If you can't find a decent copy.. hit me up, cause I've got a 320! ;)

* cough * transcode * cough *

Edit the quote!! ;)

dawg

hopefully most people here will buy it anyways but it's shocking for me to see that Warner did/does this big online marketing for them but can't manage to keep the album from leaking so early! even shitty record labels manage to keep a record from leaking before the offical release day!

on the effect of the album leaking: who cares? sooner or later music is available online.
the positive effect is that the record gets more attention and shows that there still is a demand for deftones music

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 03:45 PM
Anyone who likes an album enough will go out and buy it anyway.

and this is not true. there is always the money question.
but you are right with pointing out that they might gain new fans and hopefully the shows will attract more people

deftomontt

ghettovaquero

can someone please pm me the link

Frankz0r

you've seen the butcher is kinda the same as the 2008 file demo? Fucking 17 minutes I have to wait...

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 04:00 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:53 PM
Quote from: Subliminal on Mar 19, 2010, 03:50 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:49 PM
Quote from: lahemi on Mar 19, 2010, 03:41 PM
Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 03:36 PM
So far YSTB remind me of Deathblow (but better)..not finished yet though.

I'm especially curious about your opinion, man. Y'know, about the guitar thingy. Imo we were worried about nothing. And that makes me happy as fuck. lol I have to laugh about the Terminator-Steph again. Shit was so cash.

Yeah I was worried, and although I still don't hear that specific Deftones classic guitar (still hard to describe/explain but it's obvious to hear for me), this does put a lot of fears to rest. It does still have a lot of effect sounds of old Deftones, and the guitar in some of the songs so far does sound at least similar to older Tones (I'm only on Prince). I love this thing so far, it's unbelievable really. I will update again with my thoughts on the rest! Hoep everyone is enjoying!

It's probably because Steph is on the 8-string guitars now. They sound mega beefy, cutting and precise, they need to be in order to ring out such low tunings! ;)

Agreed, but the first half of the album I've now heard was surprisingly less heavy than I thought and reminded more of that light guitar/less bassy sound of Adrenaline for example...or many classic rock band albums that don't have all the crazy bass/production like older Offspring or something. I love this.

OH, and Chino's voice is on point, he is seriously back and I hope he never loses it again. He is incredible and I'm impressed.

I really wish he could read this, I really want to shake his hand and say "congratulations for sounding so great again". Although I'm sure his latest live performances prove it, I just hope his voice is back in live shows just as much as it has been lately as well.

No offence dude, but I hope he doesn't read this for that very comment you just made. ;)

I saw Deftones in 2006, at a club gig, 2 hours plus. Chino owned it, they played a normal set then the whole of Adrenaline and his voice was perfect throughout, SNW recordings followed suit not so long after that. It's not just down to how he sings, it's down to production values on his vocals and I don't think they were at their best on S/T or SNW. But whoever did them on this record, they brought the best out in him again.

You can't tell me he hasn't been awful live at times..just take a look at Youtube my friend. I think there was that Digital Bath performance on late night, he couldn't sing up high at all, kept cracking. And this was the only song so he wasn't stressing his voice prior at all.

Also that drunk performance he had that Vesanic put up. I think maybe Waldrock?

And I saw them in CT right after SNW came out and he definitely did not sound that good...all he could do was substitute squeals for any of his screams. But his latest performances since mid-late '09 have been sooo much better.

Not to mention there are plenty other performances since S/T and SNW came out where he hasn't been able to do anything. There was a specific Hexagram at an outside show where he just couldn't do it at all. But I'm just sayin..

pixElsblUr

Quote from: Deadradio on Mar 19, 2010, 03:56 PM
Quote from: pixElsblUr on Mar 19, 2010, 03:55 PM
MY GOD THAT SCREAM AT 3:00 mins in Royal, beautiful shit

Hell fuckin yeah!

intense shit, and it has been a great present at work, totally cranking this shit in my headphones

rock_n_frost

someone please write the lyrics

ghettovaquero

hey rock n frost can you hook it up

el perro

wow.. i think some bits sound really 90's, like smashing pumpkins.

deftomontt

came on.... i just want to eart it .... put the link please.... :-\

tarkil

Quote from: ghettovaquero on Mar 19, 2010, 04:16 PM
hey rock n frost can you hook it up

Your inbox is full actually...

tarkil

Quote from: deftomontt on Mar 19, 2010, 04:17 PM
came on.... i just want to eart it .... put the link please.... :-\