Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Diamond Eyes - Thoughts + reviews

Started by pissedandpierced, Oct 11, 2007, 08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elite54

Royal is definitely sick as all hell.

gui

Quote from: m1nusblindfoLd on Mar 19, 2010, 06:25 PM
I hope the final product is not changed at all from this..any chance of that?

A few listens to the whole album now, ROYAL is perhaps one of the best things I've ever heard...oh  my   God
they better not fuck with this, i think they know it,s good already, they won,t modify it just because it leaked

Hesperian Death-Horse!

I'm not listening to this thing until I have it physically but I just checked the leak in Winamp and apparently this album is only 41:06. That's a little disappointing but I guess that its pretty good for an album that was conceived, written, and recorded in such a relatively short time for the Deftones. Still I was hoping for at least 45 minutes. I know that's not a big difference but it could be a whole extra song. Anyway, I can't wait to get it.

E-Money

I just got home.  Downloading right now.  I have no doubt that it will be anything short of amazing.

Slacker

well this totally saved my shitty week.

...though i guess some of us have to be the "bad guys".

awesome songs, awesome vocal performance, great arrangements.

but i think the album lacks of dinamics as the other albums havent. to my ears, the second half of the album is just to plane on this matter. they are only midtempo songs. i surely missed some straight ass riffing coming out of steph. i know though, this types of songs dont required them, and probably what ive missed was left on eros. but anyways, im being straight up. this is certainly the most laidback album ive heard from deftones, wich is cool, cause it gives it so much identity, givin all that happend in past years.

now more than ever, theres a very thin line between team sleep and deftones.

dont get me wrong, i love this, some songs as always. will become new deftones classics.

but ill say it again, i missed the heavyness.

iceache

I think Risk is the only song that reminds me of SNW vocal wise.. not saying its bad.. just some of the notes he hits in that song.

Sushi-X

Maybe they'll release the physical earlier now that the leak is out

Rocket Skates '94

gui

Quote from: Slacker on Mar 19, 2010, 06:33 PM

but i think the album lacks of dinamics as the other albums havent. to my ears, the second half of the album is just to plane on this matter. they are only midtempo songs. i surely missed some straight ass riffing coming out of steph. i know though, this types of songs dont required them, and probably what ive missed was left on eros. but anyways, im being straight up. this is certainly the most laidback album ive heard from deftones, wich is cool, cause it gives it so much identity, givin all that happend in past years.

dont get me wrong, i love this, some songs as always. will become new deftones classics.

i'm in love with the album yet i kinda agree with you. I think they just had to add on insane pure metaller with screams from start to finish during the second half and the album wouldn't miss anything..a song like Korea...yet i don't really car ebcause it has so much to offer.

BloodycapeB4N

someone please send me a link, ive been waiting so long!!!! thank you all!!

HXGRMWORLD

Damn! hard to decide...  I was like :( when I fist listened to... Beauty school, after that I got more surprised wit Sextape... these songs are dark,melodic, and very optimistic... loved it! :)
Rest In Peace Chi, Forever Loved and Honored!

Wraith584

Quote from: iceache on Mar 19, 2010, 06:35 PM
I think Risk is the only song that reminds me of SNW vocal wise.. not saying its bad.. just some of the notes he hits in that song.

no idea what the hell you're talking about... what notes specifically? (and how is it possible for a certain note to be exclusive to any one deftones album... good God...)

E-Money

Jesus Christ that scream at the end of Royal.  God Damn

Sushi-X

Hell yeah that scream is awesome! It reminds me of Elite.

Rocket Skates '94

TheShade1989

I kinda agree with you. Sometimes the way he sings reminded me of Kimdracula or something. I dont know why, just did.

Corleone

What riff is that at the end of Royal... sounds so familiar.

cmd ctrl is goin to be awesome live

iceache

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Mar 19, 2010, 06:41 PM

I kinda agree with you. Sometimes the way he sings reminded me of Kimdracula or something. I dont know why, just did.

Something like that.. Kimdracula or Cherry Waves.. just the way he sings the notes.

rock_n_frost

hey iceache

you are the man, can you write the lyrics as you can ?
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Shadow46/2

I just can't get over Beauty School. Damn...so good.

Is anyone else feeling a little Silversun Pickups vibe in a couple of the songs?

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Slacker

Quote from: gui on Mar 19, 2010, 06:37 PM
Quote from: Slacker on Mar 19, 2010, 06:33 PM

i'm in love with the album yet i kinda agree with you. I think they just had to add on insane pure metaller with screams from start to finish during the second half and the album wouldn't miss anything..a song like Korea...yet i don't really car ebcause it has so much to offer.

yeah yeah, at first i thought: damn this feels unbalanced or what?.

then i came to realize that: no. this IS a chilled album. so take it for what it is, and not for what you expected to hear.

E-Money

Beauty School is the most Euphoric thing I've ever heard.  Deftones are 20 years ahead of their time.  Absolutely Brilliant.