Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Cloverfield

Started by untz untz untz, Jan 18, 2008, 06:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Pwny

I was gonna go to the theatre and watch it.  Then I decided it would be better to save that money for stuff that's important.... like smokes.. and drugs.   

;)
hang a noose for my new sinner.... somewhere everyone can see it...

samson simpson

going in a few to take a date .

please wish me some entry afterwards.

White Pwny

Quote from: samson simpson on Feb 08, 2008, 11:29 PM
going in a few to take a date .

please wish me some entry afterwards.

Good luck!

theis

13hours and White Pwny:

This movie MUST be watched in a theatre. Do yourself a favor and go see it. It's an awesome experience. And yes 13hours, that's from the movie.

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: White Pwny on Feb 08, 2008, 11:10 PM
I was gonna go to the theatre and watch it.  Then I decided it would be better to save that money for stuff that's important.... like smokes.. and drugs.   

;)

Love, gotta give you some love right there! ahahaha!

Mikey

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 08, 2008, 04:46 PM
Best scene in the movie:

thats cool.... my name is on the pic. (michael rodriguez)

edit: plus he is from the same town as me. and he does artwork for a local band that i know personally from high school(eye against).
curiouser and curiouser....

13hourstoparadise

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 08, 2008, 11:36 PM
13hours and White Pwny:

This movie MUST be watched in a theatre. Do yourself a favor and go see it. It's an awesome experience. And yes 13hours, that's from the movie.

Aight, I'll take your word for it. But as Cyn said, I'm getting my prioities straight. Drugs, then the movie. ;)

White Pwny

Quote from: 13hourstoparadise on Feb 09, 2008, 12:52 AM
Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Feb 08, 2008, 11:36 PM
13hours and White Pwny:

Aight, I'll take your word for it. But as Cyn said, I'm getting my prioities straight. Drugs, then the movie. ;)

Amen, brutha! ;)

fireflyry

Just watched this flick and really enjoyed it.

Kind of how I'd imagine the love child of the Blair Witch Project and Godzilla to turn out.The ending was a tad lame, a shot of a nuke going off would have been cooler, but over-all I thought it was well made especially after having just watched "Diary of the Dead" which attempted to do the same thing with zombies but failed epically.

In saying I really love the feel of this style of film....if done well.

8/10

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: fireflyry on Jun 02, 2008, 02:21 AM
Just watched this flick and really enjoyed it.

Kind of how I'd imagine the love child of the Blair Witch Project and Godzilla to turn out.The ending was a tad lame, a shot of a nuke going off would have been cooler, but over-all I thought it was well made especially after having just watched "Diary of the Dead" which attempted to do the same thing with zombies but failed epically.

In saying I really love the feel of this style of film....if done well.

8/10
couldnt have said it better myself...especially the part about diary of the dead
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

fireflyry

I was gutted with that flick.

Romero combined with first person perspective technique in a zombie horror should have been a win/win scenario.It had the potential to be the greatest zombie film ever made.

How they managed to make it suck so bad baffles me.

Quote from: tiger modeThats why we're all here. Deftones - common ground.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Nailec on Jan 22, 2008, 10:48 PM
what does the title of the movie refer to?
i remember hearing a few years back, in some history class, that after the atomic bombs were dropped on japan, one of the few things to survive was clover. supposedly clover was everywhere at hiroshima.
so in the movie at the end they drop the A-bomb... so yeah.

also no one has mentioned the satellite falling out of the sky in the last scene at the ferris wheel....i always thought of that as awakening the monster that was living in the ocean, since that seemed to be where it came from.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

theis

I agree with your satellite theory.

I love this flick. An adrenalin rush.

Can't wait for the sequel.

Another awesome thing, this monster was just the baby.

lithium

💩

theis

bright lights, big city

especially compared to all the crap that came out this year so far....Cloverfield, Forgetting Sarah Marshal, Iron Man are the only movies I really enjoyed

im sure the summer will have better movies (dark knight), but so far its a shitty year for movies, especially compared to last year's total awesomeness
DERP

theis

yes last year was so amazing (no country, there will be blood, into the wild, jesse james, knocked up, zodiac, grindhouse, 3:10 to yuma, rescue dawn, inland empire...shit... what an amazing year this was....)

my most anticipated this year would be;

the dark knight (duh)
hellboy II: the golden army (looks da bomb!)
the curious case of benjamin button
x-files: i want to believe

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 02, 2008, 08:27 PM
yes last year was so amazing (no country, there will be blood, into the wild, jesse james, knocked up, zodiac, grindhouse, 3:10 to yuma, rescue dawn, inland empire...shit... what an amazing year this was....)

the dark knight (duh)

i didnt know about the new fincher movie....it'll be a weird feeling seeing 2 new fincher movies in back-to-back years
i'd add:
the new bond movie
pineapple express
w. (i like oliver stone)
burn after reading (new coen bros)
choke(writer of fight club)
DERP

theis

ah yeah, how could i forget about burn after reading and pineapple.

w. looks sort of interesting.

wither-I

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 02, 2008, 08:27 PM

the dark knight (duh)
did you just say "da bomb"??

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jun 02, 2008, 08:35 PM
i didnt know about the new fincher movie....it'll be a weird feeling seeing 2 new fincher movies in back-to-back years
i'd add:
the new bond movie
pineapple express
w. (i like oliver stone)
burn after reading (new coen bros)
choke(writer of fight club)
"choke" holy shit. whos directing this. i havent read it, but i know many who have, chuck palahniuk wrote it. interesting. he's really built up a huge fan base since fight club.

and i really want to see benjamin button, just the preview was really well done lol

"coming into the nearness of distance"