Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones in New Rolling Stone!

Started by buddyboy101, Apr 22, 2008, 05:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

emehlen

Quote from: blondie on Apr 23, 2008, 03:11 AM

...first of all, chino is fat; deal with it.

secondly, chino hasn't written good lyrics since around the fur.

thirdly, he hasn't worked up a crowd in 5 years.

that being said, i still love deftones, but i think their era is quickly coming to an end.

- blondie

LEAVE CHINO ALONE!!!

wither-I

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 23, 2008, 03:54 AM
sweetheart, i beg to differ. 

1.) i'm not going to go in his physical appearance b/c A.) it's totally irrelevant and B.) he looks totally fine.

2.) i won't bore you with lyrical examples but "same old taste, just new injury"  pretty much says it all...and the imagery of rx queen is worth a look.

3.) the man puts everything into his shows with style and charisma. 

i really have no need to defend the band.  i think their next album is kinda of do or die...and i know it will be excellent.  show some faith!
honestly irt is truly amazing what not just chino is doing but the entire band. they have been touring non stop for over a decade and barely have timez to themselves. their all in their thirties nearly forties and have to deal with constant stress and constant moving. the whole weight issue, is an issue to most people that age, plus chino has had alot of obvious depression issues with divorce and drugs, he basically deserves to be fat. and like he said in one interview i remember, he was waking up extra early and skating around the city in which they would be playing in, to get some sort of exercise and solitude. they played what, like 246 shows in 06 and 07 tour, thats takes so much energy. i agree with  you budddy boy, i make fun sometimes myself but i dont go as far to say they have lost it, they are just geting old thats all, their slowing down... and thats why i find what they STILL do day in day out simply incredible, and they try their freaking hearts out every night.

respect.

gotta have faith.

bless.

"coming into the nearness of distance"

buddyboy101

Quote from: wither-I on Apr 23, 2008, 05:53 AM
honestly irt is truly amazing what not just chino is doing but the entire band. they have been touring non stop for over a decade and barely have timez to themselves. their all in their thirties nearly forties and have to deal with constant stress and constant moving. the whole weight issue, is an issue to most people that age, plus chino has had alot of obvious depression issues with divorce and drugs, he basically deserves to be fat. and like he said in one interview i remember, he was waking up extra early and skating around the city in which they would be playing in, to get some sort of exercise and solitude. they played what, like 246 shows in 06 and 07 tour, thats takes so much energy. i agree with  you budddy boy, i make fun sometimes myself but i dont go as far to say they have lost it, they are just geting old thats all, their slowing down... and thats why i find what they STILL do day in day out simply incredible, and they try their freaking hearts out every night.

respect.

gotta have faith.

bless.

agreed - it's amazing how long they've been together.  there aren't a whole lot of bands that make it this long and still create new, exciting music.  just look at korn.  their members are dropping like bush's cabinet.  the band lost their creativity and just kept rehashing their sound.  deftones, on the other hand, are insatiably creative and they're possibly at one of their strongest points as a band.  i also admire tool and nin for sticking around all these years and delivering interesting music.  i think the three bands (tool, nin, deftones) should tour together - quite a line-up! 

mr.sinister

Deftones are still the greatest band in the world no matter what naysayers like Blondie say . Fat or skinny, old or young, bald or full of hair the tones will never be forgotten. Deftones are part of my daily life its more than just music that sounds orgasmic for me, its a way of life.

Go to hell Blondie. And please slap yourself in the face every day when you wake up in the morning for saying that Chino hasn't written any good lyrics since ATF. Clearly you have never listen to WP. He keeps getting better as a writer, from album to album more mature and poetic and its obvious that you are not aware of that and I feel sorry for you.

mr.sinister

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 23, 2008, 06:02 AM
i think the three bands (tool, nin, deftones) should tour together - quite a line-up! 
Agreed! +1 I would pay a lot of money to say them play together. They are more than music they are art.

ignore the fashion

Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
you can totally tell that's the deftones.  the lighting, for one, is from their 2004 club tour.  second, you can clearly make out chi, steph, and chino in the pic.  seems clear to me

yeah, you and i can totatlly tell thats deftones because we're huge fans, but to any old joe schmoe they probably wouldn't have a clue as to who was in the picture.

m3dic

Quote from: ignore the fashion on Apr 23, 2008, 07:01 AM
Quote from: buddyboy101 on Apr 22, 2008, 02:34 PM
you can totally tell that's the deftones.  the lighting, for one, is from their 2004 club tour.  second, you can clearly make out chi, steph, and chino in the pic.  seems clear to me

yeah, you and i can totatlly tell thats deftones because we're huge fans, but to any old joe schmoe they probably wouldn't have a clue as to who was in the picture.

If the article is real why is there no fucking scans?  :'(

www.breakdownconspiracy.co.nr

cyppe101

Where do you need scans? That's it ^

vadimo

vadimo

Zevaka

snw777