Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Alfred Hitchcock Discussion Thread

Started by theis, Jun 20, 2008, 01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theis

Quote from: defskull on Jun 23, 2008, 01:35 AM
Quote from: Variable on Jun 23, 2008, 12:14 AM
oh you didn't make that list.  You copied and pasted it and never read it.  Then you made your Avatar and Sig all super hitchcock and tried to act all like cool movie snob guy being an expert on the legend director.  Just admit that you didn't know before someone else brought it up.

But ok, Ill try to stay on topic from now on.

Haha my thoughts exactly.

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 23, 2008, 12:35 AM
so i'm a snob for making an indepth thread about one of my favorite directors? at least i put useful information in my threads, unlike many other on this board.
and of course i copypasted his filmography. no way i would remember all his movies by head.

and i'm not an expert on Hitch...just a major fan of his work and i find him fascinating. stop presuming.

Variable

yeah except that you specifically said that YOU made the list.

and you're a snob because you troll around this forum trying to act like you are a subject matter expert on any kind of cinema.  Well you're a movie snob anyways.  Or a wana be movie snob I should say.  I guess for some reason you think that its cool to make people think you spend your entire life in front of a TV screen.  But yeah, that is all.  I was going to drop it but you brought it up again. 

theis

i troll around? no, i post like any other member. and yes, cinema is a great passion of mine and has nothing to do with just "spending your life in front of a tv screen". once again, you presume things.
and nah, i'm not an expert on "any kind of cinema", but i do know a lot about the subject, hence it's an interest of mine. there's a reason to why i'm taking Film Studies.

you probably have interests too, right? like fighting in a meaningelss war? good for you...but not really.

so Trey, got any Hitckcock favorites?

defskull

Cinema is a great passion of mine too, yet I don't feel like I come off like a douche who is better than others when I talk about it.  Maybe it's me.

theis

how the fuck did i come off as a douche? i made an informative thread about a great director, so people could discuss his works...not to "show off" my knowledge in movies. that's fucking stupid if you think that.

Nailec

Quote from: Azwethinkweiz on Jun 24, 2008, 10:12 AM
how the fuck did i come off as a douche? i made an informative thread about a great director, so people could discuss his works...not to "show off" my knowledge in movies. that's fucking stupid if you think that.

probabbly youre a douche for thinking that defskull meant you with that ;)

Variable

Quote from: defskull on Jun 24, 2008, 01:38 AM
Cinema is a great passion of mine too, yet I don't feel like I come off like a douche who is better than others when I talk about it.  Maybe it's me.
lol.  Yeah pretty much YOU dont come off like a douche to me either