Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Depeche Mode

Started by devilinside, Sep 10, 2008, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinsanity

that's a great song, really dark, glad they're returning to th dark wave sound from Black Celebration and Music for the Masses
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Yes sounds really dark, I have listened like 13 times already LOL
I already put it on my CD list to buy.
" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn

devilinside

I'm stoked for the tour!!! :D

deftonekid

I've been enjoying the Sounds Of The Universe album so much. Great album from begining to end.

TheWatcher

i been listen to them lately

devilinside

Good,you should have been listening to them for a long time. Dave is sick right now and they've had to cxl a few shows. I hope he gets better by time he gets to the US.

Fireal1222

i only heard the new album like twice. and i didnt even listen to it in whole

i really enjoyed the first song. but after that i strongly lost interest.. again tho. i only gave it a few scattered listens

theres no way it can be better than playing the angel anyway. that cd is on point

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

TheWatcher

wrong is the shit.

devilinside

Depeche Mode are pleased to announce they will restart their interrupted Tour Of The Universe in Leipzig, Germany on June 8th. On May 12th, lead singer Dave Gahan suffered a severe bout of gastroenteritis, leading to his hospitalization and the cancellation of the Athens concert. While in hospital, further medical tests revealed a low-grade malignant tumour in Dave's bladder, which has since been successfully removed. At doctors' orders Dave Gahan must take a break until June 8th, to ensure that he makes a full recovery. The Leipzig show on June 8th will be the first concert following Dave's recovery.

Jizzlobber

Jeez, am i the only one that thinks Depeche mode sucks?

i mean, it seems their music is designed for sentimental , old drunks. who feel that DM somehow captured a "spirit" of some kind in their music.

not even a bottle of whiskey could get me to like them

<

bright lights, big city

you ever see Orgazmo? just a great movie you need to see, if you haven't.
but there's a scene where Matt Stone's character says "I don't want to sound like a queer or nothing, but Depeche Mode kicks ass!"

hilarious, but yeah for some reason that reminded me of that.

i like DM.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

lithium

Quote from: Jizzlobber on Jun 02, 2009, 08:43 AM

i mean, it seems their music is designed for sentimental , old drunks. who feel that DM somehow captured a "spirit" of some kind in their music.

I could say the exact same thing for faith no more
💩

Fireal1222

listen to the album. ultra.

and you wont feel that way anymore

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

I think you are one of the rare few that I've heard say they don't like them. DM are HUGE influences for many bands,INCLUDING your beloved Deftones.  But whatevs....if you don't like them why even bother posting in here?

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 02, 2009, 08:02 PM

listen to the album. ultra.

and you wont feel that way anymore

I concur.

Jizzlobber

Ah maybe they have one or two good songs but...on the whole im not that into them.

like when i watch their music videos i just see some slimy old men who still seem to think they've got the moves..

i even read in Q magazine thats their singer said "You have to be either drunk or high to get a kick out of DM"...i think he's right

<

Fireal1222

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2GaCnAiuvo&feature=rec-HM-fresh+div

wow this is pathetic. really? stooping as low as lip synching now?

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

lithium

that was a pretty kick ass performance
💩

Jerry_Curls

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 25, 2009, 07:00 PM

They used to lip sync all the time when they were younger on those tv programs.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Fireal1222

Quote from: Jerry_Curls on Jun 26, 2009, 02:28 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jun 25, 2009, 07:00 PM

They used to lip sync all the time when they were younger on those tv programs.

i see.. i cant understand why a tv station would have a band do that. unless its a band that would totally butcher their own songs live, lol. cough deftones. cough

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

devilinside

Another case of "don't care for the album,but after seeing it live, love it!" I didn't care for SOTU at all,but have grown to LOVE it now...the song Corrupt is very good.

On another note,Songs of Faith and Devotion is slowly creeping up on Violator as my favorite album. I used to hate SOFAD,but have had it playing over and over in my car and I just adore it.