Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Depeche Mode

Started by devilinside, Sep 10, 2008, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

devilinside

I'm really shocked they don't have a thread here. They're such an influential band to soo many...so show them some love!

:)

What's your favorite albums,songs and artwork?

bright lights, big city

to quote Orgazmo, "i don't mean to sound like a queer or nothing, but i think depeche mode kicks ass"

but yeah Violator is probably my favorite album of theirs
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

downtownpony

yeah violator definitley my fav. and the halo is my fav track on there. havnt heard gahans new shit though.

devilinside

Oh you should DEFINITELY listen to Hourglass! It's an amazing album,really.

rainnyx4

"Clean" is their best song.  Classic band, "Playing the Angel" proved they're just as relevant today as they were in the '80s.

devilinside

As far as favorite songs...I think I'd have to choose Behind The Wheel. But I love all their music.

AND!!!

Rumors that are noteworthy:

- It is expected that tour dates will be announced October 6th. At present time we don't know if the band will hold a press conference.

- Tickets are expected to go on sale in October as well. This was hinted on Marek Lieberberg's website (the German tour promoter). Last time tickets for some shows went on sale on the same day they were announced.

- Tour is expected to start in May of 2009. According to DM.de, Marek Lieberberg has said that it will start in Israel.

- According to people familiar with the process, it is expected that the initial leg(s) of the tour will be open air shows, with an indoor tour following later in the year.

-September 9th the band are gathering at an undisclosed location as work continues on their new album, to be released in April/May of next year! This will be the third recording session so far!

downtownpony

is it dave or martin that write the majority of the lyrics?

White Wrist

about the tour...

the rumor is that..they are coming to Portugal in July, in a open air festival. So...rumor, rumor...maybe it will be real!

devilinside

Lucky You!!! they BETTER come here godammit!

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: downtownpony on Sep 10, 2008, 10:00 PM

Martin wrote all the lyrics until the last album. Then, dave started contributing with 3 songs for playing the angel. From what I have been reading in intervirews, I guess this will be a dave lyrics friendly record. Which I don't think that's necessarily good, since martin's write style is so unique.

Fav album: Ultra. It's just a perfect album. I can listen to it when I'm happy, when i'm frustrated, in every situacion imaginable and It just NEVER gets boring or out of place.

Fav song: Waiting for the night before. The lyrics are purely genious, and the climax that song has is the most relaxing thing I've ever heard, which is strange considering it's a really dark song, would compare it with If only tonight we could sleep for this. The Bare version that has been released a few years ago is lovely, too.

bright lights, big city

yeah a full US tour better be in the works
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

devilinside

Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 10, 2008, 10:39 PM

Martin wrote all the lyrics until the last album. Then, dave started contributing with 3 songs for playing the angel. From what I have been reading in intervirews, I guess this will be a dave lyrics friendly record. Which I don't think that's necessarily good, since martin's write style is so unique.

Fav album: Ultra. It's just a perfect album. I can listen to it when I'm happy, when i'm frustrated, in every situacion imaginable and It just NEVER gets boring or out of place.

Fav song: Waiting for the night before. The lyrics are purely genious, and the climax that song has is the most relaxing thing I've ever heard, which is strange considering it's a really dark song, would compare it with If only tonight we could sleep for this. The Bare version that has been released a few years ago is lovely, too.

Have you listened to Hourglass?? Dave did an AMAZING job on it. And while I completely adore Martin and everything about him,I think it's good for Dave to finally get his turn to write instead of being "the sexy singer" of the band. (tho he's still cute at his age)

And are you talking about "Waiting For The Night" from Violator? I like that song,but i listened to it after a friends funeral in 97 and it kind of depresses me now.

And i'm sooo glad to see Ultra love! It's such a great album. Useless,Barrel of a Gun and Home are my faves.  Lately i've been listening to Black Celebration and Exciter.

devilinside

Ooh...and you can guess what my favorite album is  :D

And someone gave me this,it's pretty good.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/24trox

"here is that track from the "Rare, Deleted & Promo Only Remixes" folder from The Complete Depeche Mode. It's also located on the Remixes 81-04 bonus "Rare Tracks Bundle," but listed as Behind The Wheel/Route 66 rather than the other way around. "

skinnypuppy

DM is the only band I would ever pay more than 100 dollars to see live at this point in my life. One of the best bands of all time...

I'm a Music for the Masses kind of guy.

I went rollerskating the other day and Kingdome by Dave Gahan went on the loud speakers. I got so excited.

devilinside

Hahah that's awesome!!

ALightOn

Violator-album
It's No Good-Song

whodunit?

Funny.

I've never liked the band but yesterday I've downloaded PLAYING ANGEL because I liked the singles. The album totally blew me away.

goldpony

black celebration owns
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Deftones-argentina

Quote from: devilinside on Sep 10, 2008, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Deftones-argentina on Sep 10, 2008, 10:39 PM

Have you listened to Hourglass?? Dave did an AMAZING job on it. And while I completely adore Martin and everything about him,I think it's good for Dave to finally get his turn to write instead of being "the sexy singer" of the band. (tho he's still cute at his age)

And are you talking about "Waiting For The Night" from Violator? I like that song,but i listened to it after a friends funeral in 97 and it kind of depresses me now.

And i'm sooo glad to see Ultra love! It's such a great album. Useless,Barrel of a Gun and Home are my faves.  Lately i've been listening to Black Celebration and Exciter.

Actually Hourglass was like my fav. record of 2007, I was walking through a store, and heard dave's voicce. Then In the 4th track I thought, "goddamm!! how it is I dno't know this depeche mode record? mkicks ass!", and then I asked the seller and told me it was dave's. And Despite the record being reallyu really good musically, there's some lyrics that I didn't feel that much. But I have to give him credits for lyrics such as Saw something, Miracles & 21 days.
Congrats for the violator picture!!! another cute disc. Sorry for you to have Waiting for the night spoiled, that's really sad. It's one of the few songs I really "trust".

What has been said about depeche's new record's sound?

devilinside

Quote from: devilinside on Oct 06, 2008, 03:34 PM
AAAAAAAH!!!

No US dates yet,but hopefully there will be. EEP! They have a new way of writing Depeche Mode now too...

And Andre...they're coming to Portugal....if you don't see them you are nuts!

OH  MY  GAWD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fx-1RfsoSoA

!!!