Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

New Zeitgeist movie!

Started by Necrocetaceanbeastiality, Oct 04, 2008, 08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldpony

everything in the films is wrong. everybody knows that 9/11 was perpitrated by the masons in affilation with the shriners, just like JFK, UFOs, the hindenburg and whales. sheez, learn some facts people
"I bet I could throw a football over those mountains"
"Be like Cyn"
Quote from: Variable on May 31, 2008, 09:58 PM
I fucking love Brad Pitt

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: Starz on Mar 03, 2009, 11:24 AM
Zeitgeist is certainly counter culture propaganda as it is designed to shock the viewer and create emotional responses, which are not something you should have if you want to really get to the heart of a matter. A 2 hour film of such scope can't do anything but create an ignorant awareness. It takes many more library hours of hard study and a few written pieces to really get a grasp on these issues, because they are very complicated.

The truth is, is that most people will not however, use the movie as a mere starting point...they will watch it, possibly believe it and go around quoting it as a definitive source. This is really really bad because as i said, the movie is only good in sofar as it raises some topics and tries to get them out to the audience so that they care. Not care to make the movie the bible but just to watch it, take notice of some of the things talked about and hopefully become more aware of the con game which is the financial system and be motivated to read further.

Zeitgeist for me is good as it led me to explore new ideas which I never would have ever thought of had I not seen the movie. But it quickly becomes clear that the common things we take for granted in the nature of money are very hollow. This is what completely fascinated me. I had never thought of money in those terms before.

Now when i think of all the stuff I've learnt and read, Zeitgeist is just something which got me into them...its just the glib friend who talked loudly about something at a dinner which most would quote and tell their mates to fill the air...but others might think about the root of what was said and use that to then go on and read credible academic publications. This is what we all must do. Merely watching the film is not enough.

Perfectly stated.

Variable

Quote from: goldpony on Mar 03, 2009, 06:04 PM
everything in the films is wrong. everybody knows that 9/11 was perpitrated by the masons in affilation with the shriners, just like JFK, UFOs, the hindenburg and whales. sheez, learn some facts people
This statement ( as Josh so eloquently stated,) is about as accurate as both of the films

Look.  I really appreciate the last couple post a lot.  Because they show a "glass half full" perspective of the subject.  But lets be honest here people.  These films never, ever, not even for a second, intended to be taken as anything but 100% the truth.  But they are so false, thats its disturbing.  The ballot about religion is so far off that Cinderella seems to be more factual.  And the other most talked about subject...money, currency, and the economy.  This ass hole has it so wrong that even a freshman on his first day of macroeconomics could tear these "facts" apart.  Because in no way what so ever does the federal reserve hold the US government in debt.  But you have to have an understanding of economics, before you can realize that the creators of this films are blatantly and purposefully lying to you. 

I'm all for expanding your mind and thought processes.  I totally believe in questioning and challenging the system around you.  But to even consider the rants of some ass hole who purposefully lies to you, just because you want it to be true.  Is ludicrous.  Educate yourselves people.  Because you truly cant trust anyone but yourself.

Starz

BigDave

zeitgeist is nonsense.  nothing bad will happen in 2012.  there is not going to be a new world order etc etc

Jerry_Curls

Haha....he mentions nothing about 2012 and have you seen the news lately? These fucking elitists arent't hiding it anymore. Gordon Brown keeps calling for a new world order and a global currency. They started saying it out loud in the news around the end of October...or November. Anyways, watch this...

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CupLeXeR3dA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CupLeXeR3dA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

...there's this other video that shows more current outings of the NWO, but I lost it..have to do some digging.

Oh and the creator of Zeitgeist has recently stated that he has changed his mind on 9/11 being an inside job. He just used that part of the movie to lure in the truthers into learning about his new age Utopian, bullshit society called the Venus Project.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Hey jerry.  I was trying to find where Peter Joseph said that.  can you link it to me?

Jerry_Curls

Here is another article, from earlier today, on the CNN website:

Analysis: Crisis may lead to new world order
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/europe/04/01/oakley.summit/index.html

And I'll definately try to find that quote again...give me some time.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

Yeah I would really appreciate it. 

The whole Venus project has some real good philosophical parts to it.  But I'm still not sold that its possible.

Jerry_Curls

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/17/nyregion/17zeitgeist.html?_r=1

"The former may be most famous for alleging that the attacks of Sept. 11 were an 'inside job' perpetrated by a power-hungry government on its witless population, a point of view that Mr. Joseph said he has recently 'moved away from.'"

Hmmm...I can't find the whole quote, but this article will suffice.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Variable

BillyNo.9

bebo

Variable

Why would this thread get bumped? I guess there was an even newer Zeitgeist released since it was made.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2011, 05:49 AM
Why would this thread get bumped? I guess there was an even newer Zeitgeist released since it was made.

I watched it, thought it was mind blowing. Simple as.

Variable

the 3rd one? Or is it actually the 4th one but I think they call it the 3rd one? Where they start with talking about people being products of their environments and shit? Is that the one you're talking about?

BillyNo.9

Which ever one jerry curls posted first in this thread. Would watching the others be a good idea or are the same points made again?

Variable

Oh, uh....... yeah I guess they are worth watching. They are at least entertaining if you like this kind of thing. Be warned though, the first Zeitgeist is riddled with inaccuracies. I can't remember everything from the 2nd ( the one you watched ) but I do remember that he got some of the stuff about money wrong. He gets the basic idea across accurately enough, it was just some of the stuff about debt that was wrong. The FED doesn't hold the US Government in debt, at least not in the way he explains it. And money does not = debt. It is supposed to equal the value of all goods and services within an economy.

Anyways though, its much too complicated to really get into. Just do your own research, using academic sources. That's really the only way that you can separate the facts from the bull shit. The 1st movie talks about religion, 911, money, war profiteering, and a sort of brief mention about brain washing people into "the American way"

The 3rd was really just a promo for the Venus Project where he pretty much said that everything in the previous movies doesn't really matter, and we should be focusing on creating a society like the Venus Project instead.

The 4th, most recent movie, is a bit different. I can't even remember all of it. It's based more in sociology and how humans are products of their environment. Making the point that if we changed the environment to something better, humans would act in a different way. Possibly rooting out things like greed and selfishness. I also remember a portion about "pre programmed responses" That is actually pretty worth watching. It gives you a perspective when you go out and talk to people or watch the news, then notice people just saying things because they heard them before, or were told they were supposed to believe these things, even though they have no idea what it means. I think the whole film is about 2 1/2 hours long.

That's about the best abbreviated summary I can give you.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

The one that you seem to think is a third one is actually just half of the second one.

But yeah, the most recent one was pretty good, actually.

Variable

I just call it the third for the sake of simplicity. It almost seemed more like a summary of Addendum with an emphasis on the Venus Project.