Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

letters for chi/ fundraiser/ update and prayers

Started by jv_, Nov 04, 2008, 11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jv_

Deftones Bassist In A Coma - wookubus
(4:13 PM MST 11/04/2008)
Deftones bassist Chi Cheng is currently in a coma following a car crash in Santa Clara, CA yesterday. Initial details are sketchy, but band frontman Chino Moreno has confirmed the situation to the "The Sacramento Bee", who have more details available here.

Drop-Dead

From Chino:

Hello everyone,

It deeply saddens me to inform you all that our brother Chi Cheng was involved in a terrible car accident last night. He is currently in a Northern California Hospital in serious, but stable condition. I am on my way up North right now to be by his side along with the rest of our band mates and family. Chi is one of the strongest people I know, and I'm praying that his strength will get him through this. Please say a prayer for him as well.

-chino.

shine down unshy

Oh fuck..not Chi.  Hope he pulls throughhhhhh

DEFCAY

Holy shit...one bad new today :(....Chi keep with us!!!

It deeply saddens me to inform you all that our brother Chi Cheng was involved in a terrible car accident last night. He is currently in a Northern California Hospital in serious, but stable condition

the news says "in coma", wtf!!! :S

shine down unshy

It's just like getting KO'd for a long period of time.  Scary thing about comas though, is that you never know when you're gonna come out of it.  When they say he's in serious but stable condition, that means he suffered some serious injuries but he's stable..he's fine..he'll pull through.

I hope he managed to vote today.

bIondie

Quote from: ImperfectCircle on Nov 05, 2008, 12:11 AM

stupid shit like that is irrelevant right now.

i hope chi pulls through.

mr.sinister

Oh my God!!! Fuck this! My favorite band member!! I know Chi will pull through!!!

shine down unshy

Quote from: bIondie on Nov 05, 2008, 12:14 AM
Quote from: ImperfectCircle on Nov 05, 2008, 12:11 AM

stupid shit like that is irrelevant right now.

i hope chi pulls through.

Hey man, just trying to be a little optimistic.

Longstem

what a sad day in deftones history..

I pray for chi.... and hopefully deftones only gets stronger by this terrible event.

If someone has some more official statements of news, please share it with us...

Be a real deftones fan and show ur respect... so dont fuck up this topic with bullshit.

Sad greetings from Belgium
Tom

theis

damn :(

i'm glad he's stable though.

Frankz0r

:(

Let's hope high for him...

He has our optimism....

I still don't get the 'coma' thing. Is he conscious or not?. When you're in coma you're not conscious and they don't know wheter you'll be back or not. So, that 'in coma' thing doesnt apply here... I hope so.

bIondie

you can be in a coma and be stable but if you're in a coma, it's never good. let's hope it's not that bad since this is still breaking news.

ablackswan

everywhere they talk about he's in coma, but if he is in a stable condition, that can be worse.
hope for good news today
*Tous ensemble pour leur foutre au cul*

Quote from: VesanicJustin Bieber sounds like Adrenaline

Crazylegs

Frankz0r

DEFCAY

Chi is a real good person, is reallt painful that shit, I hope he'll get better soon... We will support you from here

Timmy666

I'll pray for Chi. Everyone else should do as well.

Inkblades

:'( What the fuck...get better soon, Chi.

Jedidiah Solomon

no way, damn hes the spiritual one, he MUST pull through, his blessings have made these records and beauties possible, I must kneel down and pray right directly to Selassie's temple. He will live.

Deftones-88-05-Deftones

Tears are falling from my eyes

This fucking sucks

" You are just Disconnected, Apathetic It must be so pathetic to be this frantic You are just Like methadone for an addict  "   Mark Hunter

" Im gonna see you bleeding Face down in the dirt Im gonna give you back what Youve taken with hurt You coward Im going to spit right in your face" Rob Flynn