Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Good news from A Perfect Circle!

Started by Gherde, Dec 09, 2008, 11:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gherde

QuoteTOOL frontman Maynard James Keenan told The Pulse of Radio last week that he and guitarist Billy Howerdel have been working on some fresh material for A PERFECT CIRCLE, the group they formed in 2000 while Keenan had time off from TOOL, but which has been inactive since 2004. However, Keenan revealed that the band might just post a couple of new songs online instead of doing an entire album. "I doubt if we'll do any touring or, you know, do a full album," he said. "We might do some one-off shows here and there if the timing's right and it seems like a good vibe and a smart thing to do. But most likely we'll just kind of concentrate on, you know, one or two songs at a time, rather than investing all the time and money and effort into making those plastic discs that no one cares about anymore."

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=110519

I can't believe it    :___)

(couldn't find any APC thread :S)

devlin

sweet. but i'd rather Maynard concentrate on TOOL.

Jizzlobber

Maynard concentrates far too much on TooL imo...he becomes overly "abstract" at times..

this makes me pretty excited actually, ...shit yeah , apc....love this band!
<

lostpilot

ToneDef

bright lights, big city

DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Deftones-argentina

deftonekid

lithium

i wonder if josh freese left nin to record with them.
💩

White Wrist

Quote from: lithium on Dec 10, 2008, 07:01 AM
i wonder if josh freese left nin to record with them.

hmmm..maybe maybe

Nostro

QuoteWhy I'm leaving Nine Inch Nails

So, I've been wanting to write something for a while now explaining why I am leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the year. Not that it's THAT big of a deal or important compared to other real shit going on out there in the world but I figured I'd take a minute out to explain anyhow. I know a few people are aware that I'm having my 3rd child in January and basically....that about SUMS IT UP!

I've just been gone too damn much lately and if I hadn't spent so much time on the road in recent years (between NIN, A Perfect Circle, Devo, Sting, The Vandals) coupled with having 3 kids (come January) then I'd still be out on the road in the new year. It's just that the rate that NIN has been touring (and will continue to tour in 2009) is something that I can't keep up with right now. My kids need their Dad around and I want to be around for them. I am definitely not retiring or "done touring" by any means though. I just need to be home a bit more next year.
I am not leaving because I got a better offer from another band or because I don't enjoy it.....it's one of my favorite situations I've ever been involved with and I already miss it (though we still have 5 more shows to play).

If you saw a NIN show in the past 3 years then you'll know that to say I LIKE playing up there is an understatement and that I give it my all every night. It's much more than a "job" or a "gig" for me. I'm a big believer in Trent and his music and feel fortunate and privileged to have had the chance to work along side of him and be a part of what he does for the past three years. It is something I am truly proud of and he makes most the other ones out there feel pretty small time. I have faith in the notion that we'll work together again at some point, in some fashion. But for now I need to go teach my 7 year old boy how to ride a bike.....nothing can really compare to that (except maybe an all night hotel coke session with some hookers.)

Josh

lithium

well that's awesome for josh, good guy right there.
💩

black coffee

that's indeed good news. I can't wait to hear some new songs by apc.

Jacob

it's nice to know APC isn't completely dead. I'd be a lot more excited if they were actually going to release a new album, but hopefully this will eventually lead to that.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Starz

I would much rather him work on A Perfect Circle. Fuck Tool haha

mr.sinister

Tool's really good, but they disappointed me with 10K days. Laterlus is a definite album.

lithium

lateralus is a perfect album, it will go down as a classic of our time.
💩

lostpilot

Every album of them, for me, is very very very good. And favourite.
and for APC, 13th Step is amazing, through Mer De Noms is quite, ehm, unfinished.

Jacob

I think all albums from both Tool and APC are perfect in their own way and I don't prefer one band over the other. it would be awesome to get new APC now though. on the other hand, I consider Ashes Divide as the new APC.

I don't get why people say MJK is wasting time with Tool. their albums are like 5 years apart and they don't tour that much. right now he's wasting time with Pucsifer though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

lostpilot

uhm, I do not like Ashes Divide.
just not my kind of music.

and yes, MJK should stop making pussies burn on fire.