Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Eminem

Started by defskull, Apr 16, 2009, 06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

defskull

He's got not one but two cds coming out this year.  Anyone here excited about?  Anyone think he sucks?  Anyone care?  I am personally, skeptically excited.  Eminem's first two cds were just amazing.  His last two though....I'll pass on. 

Here is his new single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15L7I2ExAJY

I've got this feeling I shouldn't like this song, but I do.  It's got a catchy chorus and Eminem's voice isn't annoying as it has been in the past.  The flow is pretty sweet too.  The song with Dr. Dre and 50 Cent, "Crack the Bottle", is pretty bad though IMO. 

Jacob

I think he sucks, has always sucked and will probably only suck more with time.

he didn't impress me with his first hit with that Kurt Cobain line in the lyrics, and he's only looked like an idiot to me since then.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

Quote from: aenemic on Apr 16, 2009, 07:47 AM

shine down unshy

Are you two the same person?

defskull

For some reason I expected that from both of them. Ha.

Jacob

devlin

i'm not a huge fan but i like some of his stuff, maybe two or three songs per album i like. his videos are usually really funny.

aenemic: you really don't like him just because of some cobain joke? i understand if your not a fan of his music, but to hate him over one line...

i'm not really trying to defend eminem, like i said i'm not a huge fan, just curious.

Jacob

Quote from: devlin on Apr 16, 2009, 11:09 AM
aenemic: you really don't like him just because of some cobain joke? i understand if your not a fan of his music, but to hate him over one line...

hehe, no that kinda came out wrong. I meant to say that that was my first impression of him, then it only got worse after that. mind you, I was young when that song came and I guess I couldn't take the joke.

theis

I've really never seen what's so great about him. Okay, so he can freestyle, but his voice is so fucking horrible and annoying. And most of his lyrics are lame.

The only real hip hop, in my opinion, is dead; N.W.A., Public Enemy, Wu Tang, KRS-One...

The Roots and Mos Def are the only two hip hop acts left that Im still remotely interested in.

mr.sinister

Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 16, 2009, 09:26 AM
Quote from: aenemic on Apr 16, 2009, 07:47 AM
Quote from: penguin in the desert on Apr 16, 2009, 12:27 PM
The only real hip hop, in my opinion, is dead; N.W.A., Public Enemy, Wu Tang, KRS-One
True.

bright lights, big city

2 albums?! What a twat, i just want them released so Dr. Dre can get back to his own album. THAT'S the rap album I'm looking forward to.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sugartolove

I like quite a few of his, just not big on his phunny songs. They're always funny at first, then they get really annoying. I like quite a few of his other ones though, and I think he did okay in 8 Mile. I like his freestyle though. I'm more a fan of NWA, Public Enemy, etc. And I like Dre.

This is one his weakest songs to date though, if you don't watch the quite amusing video.

deftonekid

he does this comercial hip-hop which sucks btw. he try so hard to be funny, fuck that.

No matter what is always WuTang forever!

Inkblades

Quote from: defskull on Apr 16, 2009, 06:25 AM
Eminem's voice isn't annoying as it has been in the past.

Really? His voice is HORRIBLE here. That stupid middle eastern accent or whatever the fuck he's doing. Why is he even doing that? How does that relate to the rest of the song? It's just borderline retarded.

I used to like him, but then he just started doing that forced angry wigger schtick too much. Well, actually, he always relied on that, but somewhere along the line it went from entertaining to annoying.

defskull

The only real hip hop, in my opinion, is dead; N.W.A., Public Enemy, Wu Tang, KRS-One...

I mean sure some of Wu Tang is dead but they're still making music.

shine down unshy

I have to admit, it's funny and endearing seeing Eminem go back to the way he used to be, making fun of celebrities and whatnot.  But from what I understand, he started to walk away from that after releasing a couple of pretty good albums.  I thought he grew up?  Anyway, I didn't like the song or the beat.  I liked the angsty Eminem.

lithium

Quote from: defskull on Apr 16, 2009, 09:46 PM

I mean sure some of Wu Tang is dead but they're still making music.
dude with the exception with ODB,  and dj yella, all these artists are still making music in some way or another.

eminem's marshall mathers lp was his peak, and a great album at that. after these past two albums i've kinda lost hope.. farting and puking all over a song and rapping gibberish is retarded..
💩

Fireal1222

here is what i hate about eminem fans

they all talk about him like he's so great

YET THEY NEVER EVEN HEARD HIS BEST ALBUM. INFINITE

its from b4 he was popular. and its by far his best album. so go find it

thats right. its called eminem- infinite

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Inkblades

He's got alot of good underground stuff. Listen to this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42k7va3sRA0 and then listen to the god awful bullshit he's putting out now. Complete drop in quality.

wither-I

I've really never seen what's so great about him. Okay, so he can freestyle, but his voice is so fucking horrible and annoying. And most of his lyrics are lame.

The Roots and Mos Def are the only two hip hop acts left that Im still remotely interested in.
you should try listening to "a tribe called quest"

"coming into the nearness of distance"