Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Karnivool

Started by theis, May 11, 2009, 01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

Quote from: Crazylegs on May 21, 2009, 04:28 PM
just listened through the whole album. not bad, but i feel they lack a bit of originality. They sound good, but very generic at the same time.
fuck yeah

"coming into the nearness of distance"

theis

theis

Anyone got opinions on the new album?

It's a grower, for sure. It has a pretty good flow. The bass lines are outstandingly heavy and I love the guitar effects.

Great vocals, great lyrics. All around very solid. Maybe a bit too long for its own good.

black coffee

It's good, maybe not incredibly good, but damn solid. I guess every once in a while I need a heavy, yet melodic album like this one.

mr.sinister

Yeah I like the new album. I agree that some songs could be cut shorter but overall it is a nice follow up to Themata.

emotivelotion

nice thread, i already overkilled sound awake hehe

you all might check out their 2001 ep, if haven't already

Persona
01 Fade (4:51)
02 Da-Reka (6:18)
03 Headcase (5:13)
04 Featherweight (8:20)
05 Some More of the Same (9:06)

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/243277513/KVOOL_PSN_www.MediaPortal.ru.rar

what bout gotye's cover? lawl
[youtube=425,350]lwcUl3C8IXI[/youtube]

gotta love OZ rawks!  :)

Starz

This review: http://www.sputnikmusic.com/album.php?albumid=37835 has really made me listen to this album again and I'm enjoying it :)

defTHE1s

Downloding Themata
yeah.. it's a good band!

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

decapod

Sound Awake is AMAZING! I am totally addicted to it, the first couple listens I thought it was pretty one dimensional but after about 20 listens I am thoroughly impressed.

theis

New video
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

European tour dates:

1 March - Helsinki, Finland
3 March - Stockholm, Sweden
4 March - Oslo, Norway
6 March - Bielefeld, Germany
7 March - Hamburg, Germany
8 March - Cologne, Germany
9 March - München, Germany
11 March - Manchester, United Kingdom
12 March - Glasgow, United Kingdom
13 March - Nottingham, United Kingdom
14 March - Southampton, United Kingdom
15 March - London, United Kingdom

No Denmark dates. Fucking bummer :(

Starz

Cool I am gonna go see them in London. I wanted to see them when they toured with Skindred but not a fan of Skindred and didn't want to pay just to watch Karnivool for half an hour...

defTHE1s

pretty cool video
the same goes for the song

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

black coffee

That is good news they're finally coming here. I'll be pretty busy around that time, but cannot imagine not going.

Crazylegs

what a ridiculous beard on the vocalist.

theis

I've been listening to Sound Awake a lot lately.

This albums deserves more recognition. It's truly incredible from start to finish. Amazing musicianship. I listen to it and think "how do they come up with songs like this"? And the bass on this album is out of this world. I've never really heard this kind of bass sound on any album before. Truly unique.

Anyways, Karnivool is one of the most talented acts out there today and deserves to be huge.

black coffee

Been there, it's really a good album. Good live band, too.

cesar421

this band is fucking awesome.

Sound Awake is a masterpiece. i am so sad because they were near me on their last U.S tour and i couldn't see them :(.

hope they release a new album soon and tour the U.S again.

here is a new song they played on their last Australian tour

Karnivool NEW SONG The Refusal 25/6/2011
sounds good. reminds me of any song on themata.

mr.sinister

The thought of them making a new album gives me a very warm feeling inside. Now I have to go
listen to sound awake

emotivelotion

cesar421

love that gig.

karnivool is the best band out there right now.

can't wait to hear their new album.