Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

losing action

Started by wither-I, Jun 21, 2009, 06:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wither-I

this board seems to have died ubruptly, both in spirit, and action, but at the losing quarter, where the ham meets the buck...

seriously though, ive noticed...about three weeks ago it all sank. im just seeing alot less action, and practically none in the deftones thread bearer. have you? have your parents?

we need a revival! renaissance respiratorial! for the true breathers out there, wherever you are....

"coming into the nearness of distance"

lostpilot

yeah, it is quite dead here.

black coffee

People and action will come back at the latest when the Deftones come to Europe in August.

Variable

Well first there was a rush of us who came and kind of pissed a lot of people off and all those people started leaving.  Then in a desperate attempt to get those people to stop leaving or come back the ever so sharp moderation team of SL moderated the board to death, or at least until the new group of regular posters got sick of everything being locked or deleted or banned.  So then they left or started coming much less frequently.  Now every now and then we get one or two of the regular members who used to post a lot that get bored and come back and post for a day or a week.  But then they realize they are pretty much just talking to themselves and get bored and quit coming so often. 

That and a mix of the older posters growing up a lot and having families and jobs or just more important things in life to go to.  Probably around the time Deftones come out with their new album this place will start getting a bunch of new traffic ( after all the noobs get chased off the official board anyways) and then assuming that the noobs can handle the moderation in East Germany *cough cough* I mean sharinglungs. 

Its a problem Ive been bitching about for a while bro.  You either gota just wait for Deftones to do something to attract new people.  Or you have to be the one that just replies to everything and post all the time to catch those old frequent members who stop by from time to time from leaving again.  I sometimes try to be that guy who post a lot and gets things interesting again.  But my life is too busy these days to really be able to spend that much time on a dead message board.  Plus I really don't give enough of a fuck about what kind of shoes chino is wearing today to enter into conversation on the deftones part of this board.
If you care enough try to fix it, good luck. 

Fireal1222

besides the post rock/ambient thread. most of the musical tastes here are poor.. so i stay away from any music discussion

the off topic rants are usually pretty cheesy as well. so i just stick to a few threads in the games zone

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

Variable

We need more random cheesy bull shit threads like bebos balls topic.  You can all say what you will about crowding the board with multiple bull shit topics.  But trust me, they are the life source of message boards.  Whatever gets people posting.  You know?

Nailec

yeah we certainly need more "count to x" or "just post a random word" -threads

/irony

Starz

I just use the Music section (apart from Deftones as that area seems to attract a lot of shit peoples) of this board most of the time. I try and post in different parts of the forum but none of the topics interest me really  :-\ 

Variable

and one of the only topics people were actually posting in got locked....figures.

defskull

Yeah this place was extremely fun when I was like 14 and that was 6 years ago.  There was a community. In fact, there were groups of people who clicked and so in a way there were different groups of friends here.  So it made for many interesting topics and fun.  Part of the problem is the lack of people that are actually here.  As said above and elsewhere by many people, the policing has to stop.  The point of bullshit is not to filter it into one thread.  It should run rampant.  Why can't topics get off topic? How often in life do people stick on one topic?  I honestly don't care if something gets sidetracked. Those who still want to talk about the topic still will.  The others can bullshit. 

If someone makes a thread talking about their balls, please let them do it.  It's different.  It's entertaining, and most of all it causes no harm.  The point of the topic was to prove what exactly happened.  By locking it you proved his point that this place has gotten hella lame.  He used to be a prominent member here but he no longer posts here because of how lame it got. 

I am a part of another forum with a few people that used to be members at this forum that no longer come here because they find no point in coming here.  They consider this place a joke.  And these people have time to post too. 

I believe a lot of it has to do with the modding that goes on here.  The police don't prevent you from saying whatever you want, so why should some mods prevent us saying what we want here?  What makes these boards run are the people of the boards.  If they have no interest in being here then you're not going to get a very lively board. 

Variable

Thats what I have been trying to say all along.

Jerry_Curls

I love you all. I would buy everyone drinks at the bar except Nailec. He hates me.
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Nailec

perhaps we shouldnt rely too much on Deftones.

new album will probablly come in two years so y not create something bigger?

our download-threads are a big plus

downtownpony

My daily routine for  a while was get home, get high, jerk off, then get on this bitch. Now lately every time I get on here it seems lame. Except now. This is pretty entertaining.

defTHE1s

Quote from: downtownpony on Jun 25, 2009, 11:32 PM
My daily routine for  a while was get home, get high, jerk off, then get on this bitch. Now lately every time I get on here it seems lame. Except now. This is pretty entertaining.
hahaha.. pretty similar to my routine..

Quote from: black coffee on Jun 21, 2009, 11:12 AM
People and action will come back at the latest when the Deftones come to Europe in August.
maybe this will happen..

Quote from: Variable on Jun 21, 2009, 10:18 PM
We need more random cheesy bull shit threads like bebos balls topic.  You can all say what you will about crowding the board with multiple bull shit topics.  But trust me, they are the life source of message boards.  Whatever gets people posting.  You know?
but it got locked... again....... why? if that's the life source of message boards?

also, as we all have noticed, when someone is talking about a certain topic and some starts bullshitting, everyone goes against him...
"If someone makes a thread talking about their balls, please let them do it.  It's different.  It's entertaining, and most of all it causes no harm. "
good point here.

This would be the only rule of this (or some) board(s)
"Why can't topics get off topic? How often in life do people stick on one topic?  I honestly don't care if something gets sidetracked. Those who still want to talk about the topic still will.  The others can bullshit."

Yes yes, Deftones, yes yes, heavy metal, yes yes, nü metal, yes yes, fucking queer, yes yes...

Variable

One of the things I used to love about message boards was how random conversations would get.  It was a lot of fun to see the evolution of conversation based on what personalities were posting that particular day.  But I guess some people REALLY take topic subjects serious.

I don't know man.  I mean I guess if it bothers you that bad you could PM nuno and tell him his mods are nazis and have ruined his board.  Or maybe just suggest only having one or two mods.  I'm sure paying him money never hurt either on influencing him on how the board should be.

devilinside

I am far from a nazi. I let shit go,and I don't lock threads. I only delete spammers that come here. And only thing I fucked with was the Anna Paquin naked pic in the True Blood thread cause I didn't want to see it whenever I went in there. A link to the pic is fine. It was my thread. But I could care less what you guys do.

Variable

I wasn't talking about you specifically Kelly.  At ease.

Crazylegs

whining about nazi mods is so 2007.

Necrocetaceanbeastiality

Quote from: devilinside on Jun 28, 2009, 08:14 PMAnd only thing I fucked with was the Anna Paquin naked pic in the True Blood thread