Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Jerry Fuchs Dies

Started by wither-I, Nov 11, 2009, 03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: devlin on Nov 11, 2009, 04:26 PM
well thanks.

i really don't see the big deal anyway. it's not like i'm doing stand up at the funeral.

if u do, feel free to use this one

"hey man, look out for that elevator."
-what elevatooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor

Nailec

Quote from: jesusinabowlofdirt on Nov 12, 2009, 10:21 AM
   i dont know if you missunderstand on purpouse.what i wrote wasnt to wither-i, what i wrote was directed to lost pilots "everytime a musician dies a part of the world dies bla bla" .what lostpilot says is- its very sad if a person dies just because the guy plays an instrument or have written a song- tradic just because of that. not tradigc because u dig the band. if a guy from russia who plays the accordion u never ever heard of dies, why should u care more for that person just because of the accordion part?  of course u can get emotionally when someone near dies who u know like family,friends or an idol u have in a band.

but thats because they are a part of yr life, not because they know how to handle an instrument.

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 12, 2009, 12:43 AM
the german national goal keeper or something died (suicide) two days ago. 30 000 people in his hometown came together to say goodbye. i dont give a shit and that is my good right. but its the good right of those 30 000 to cry about it.

yeah they feel for him cause they feel related to that person,some kind of bound. just as i got sad when chi got hurt. but im pretty sure they felt for him as the goalie that did a lot for their town ,im pretty sure they dont feel sportsmen in general got more value as persons just because they know how to kick a ball or whatever.

u see that is what lost pilot says in" when a musician dies.."-part.. he's not saying it is sad when a idol of him dies but it is tragic for the world when a guy or girl playing an instrument dies

ok sorry then.

but i partly agree with lostpilot but i dont think i am able to explain what i mean. of course all men are equal and there is no hierachy in human dignity.

but when you consider to analyze a specific term of art or of pop and you come to the conclusions that artist dont just reproduce the world, but instead they create a different possible one (having a critical momentum or subversive element in your art), that could make you say that the life of an artist is probablly superior to the life of a worker. it helps humanity to move forward. that is why i dont like pictures that are just mimetic. that is why i consider most photogrpahy not to be art.

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 12, 2009, 11:24 AM
of course all men are equal and there is no hierachy in human dignity.

Quote from: Nailec on Nov 12, 2009, 11:24 AM
but when you consider to analyze a specific term of art or of pop and you come to the conclusions that artist dont just reproduce the world, but instead they create a different possible one (having a critical momentum or subversive element in your art), that could make you say that the life of an artist is probablly superior to the life of a worker

i get the feeling you dont know which leg to stand on  :)

Nailec

told ya i cant express this in englisch.

just understand that most people are living a false life with a shitty job that will never completly satisfie. the artist tries to escape this life. so i call the life of an artist a better life.
but in the end, they are all humans and as those, they have equal rights and duties. just by being human.

other words:

the artist-being is superior to the worker-being. (i dont mean the subject here but the profession)

but the artist isnt more worth than the worker.

No More Sugar

he's saying that generally people who have chosen the profession of being an artist are usually held higher in more people's eyes than a typical working person. (then the details, like because they're a part of someone's life because of what they do..etc)

i see how that makes sense because a typical working man doesn't get publicity and people outside of the one's he has gotten to know himself, will probably not even know who he is...so it's just what you make out of it. i don't see much point in arguing, this topic is pretty opinionated.....hardly any factual basis here.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

ben

Both arguments are equally baseless so I'd suggest you guys agree to disagree and...don't try to jump out of elevators that are stuck. 

jesusinabowlofdirt

Quote from: No More Sugar on Nov 12, 2009, 06:35 PM
he's saying that generally people who have chosen the profession of being an artist are usually held higher in more people's eyes than a typical working person. (then the details, like because they're a part of someone's life because of what they do..etc)

i see how that makes sense because a typical working man doesn't get publicity and people outside of the one's he has gotten to know himself, will probably not even know who he is...so it's just what you make out of it. i don't see much point in arguing, this topic is pretty opinionated.....hardly any factual basis here.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

godin

was this guy a good drummer?
Dingus.

Oldnewtype

is that pronounced fucks?

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"