Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Sol Invicto [Stephen Carpenter's side project]

Started by kameron632, Nov 20, 2009, 05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoner664

I would of never of guess that to be Sol Invicto... Sounds like some Drum and Bass artist.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

TheSeeker1080

EDIT: Took down those leaked videos, since the quality wasn't that great and we now have the actual EP.

freiwald

iceache

New track tonight in about 10 minutes...keep an eye on the email

TheSeeker1080

yeah....I took them down a few days ago    -_-

Sol Invicto

Quote from: TheSeeker1080 on Jul 22, 2011, 05:40 AM
yeah....I took them down a few days ago    -_-

You didnt have to mate, I was the one who leaked it.....but well, not bad for a mobile phone recording outside the room ...haha

Peace

Inkblades

XJohnnyX

tonite initium ep for people on the mail-list

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

iceache

8pm gmt... Apparently all the individual tracks... He said to forget they ever existed.. I'm assuming these 7 tracks that are coming are more metal oriented shit with rap vocals.. Just a guess though

Sol Invicto

Quote from: iceache on Aug 07, 2011, 12:16 AM
The EP is out... the link is http://bit.ly/pGQeW5

Jesus mate, bit quick....should listen to that before you share it out at least hahaha

Sol Invicto

Quote from: iceache on Aug 06, 2011, 09:01 AM
8pm gmt... Apparently all the individual tracks... He said to forget they ever existed.. I'm assuming these 7 tracks that are coming are more metal oriented shit with rap vocals.. Just a guess though

Rap vocals? Fuck that ;)

No vocals :)

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: Sol Invicto on Aug 07, 2011, 12:40 AM
Quote from: iceache on Aug 07, 2011, 12:16 AM
The EP is out... the link is http://bit.ly/pGQeW5

Jesus mate, bit quick....should listen to that before you share it out at least hahaha

Sounds awesome, a big improvement from those clips we heard earlier. It's basically a 20 minute instrumental, I like it.

TheSeeker1080

All 7 tracks flow and together are about 20 minutes long, instrumental (no lyrics):

Here's part 1 (first 5 tracks):
Sol Invicto - Initium EP (part 1)

part 2 (track 6 and 7):
Sol Invicto - Initium EP (part 2)

TheSeeker1080

Hey, could someone please tell me who is the drummer on Sol Invicto? I don't want to have it wrong on my youtube videos. I copied what it says on the Sol Invicto official youtube channel which has Eric Bobo as drummer, it happens to be the same as what wikipedia says (yes I know, not always reliable). There's also some older sources I've seen that say it is Zach Hill and some that say Dan Foord. So which is it? Or is it a combination of the 3?

After doing some more searching for information, it seems that they recorded stuff with Zach Hill on drums in '08 and a lot of it was changed or mixed and they later added Eric Bobo's drums to the tracks.

"We actually had Zach's (Zach Hill) drums recorded back in 2008, and they ended up just sitting in the hard drive for a couple of years because we didn't really feel the tracks were right"  a quote from Richie Londres interview.

Anyway like I said the last thing I want to do is have it wrong on my youtube video. So I will credit both Zach Hill and Eric Bobo.

DefAlx

In this EP drummers are Zach Hill and Eric Bobo. Yeah Dan Foord worked with Sol Invicto, but his drums not presented in this EP, maybe it will be in the next Eps. Read the interview with Richie, he answered who did what on this EP.

http://deftones.ru/pressa/initium-the-first-proper-release-of-sol-invicto-eng.html

TheSeeker1080

Quote from: DefAlx on Aug 17, 2011, 03:56 PM
In this EP drummers are Zach Hill and Eric Bobo. Yeah Dan Foord worked with Sol Invicto, but his drums not presented in this EP, maybe it will be in the next Eps. Read the interview with Richie, he answered who did what on this EP.

http://deftones.ru/pressa/initium-the-first-proper-release-of-sol-invicto-eng.html

thanks man