Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Coheed and Cambria

Started by sing blue silver, Dec 08, 2009, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

Thank god you changed the thread, especially after how much Year of the Rainbow sucked donkey balls. Nonetheless I'm kind of intrigued by a double album and that short vid.

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 31, 2012, 09:59 PM
Same day as new Deftones. Commence my fanboy-gasm.
According to my album release notes (NERRRRRD!!), on Oct. 9 we get Acacia Strain, BTBAM, Coheed and Deftones. Gonna be absolutely amazing for me.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

It's shaping up to be a pretty excellent day. So far Sentry the Defiant sounds like a pretty great song and that piano diddy is rad. With Josh rejoining I assume he wrote it. He actually wrote all those little piano interludes on their albums. Probably why those pretty much stopped when he first left the band.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: sing blue silver on Jul 31, 2012, 11:28 PM
With Josh rejoining I assume he wrote it. He actually wrote all those little piano interludes on their albums. Probably why those pretty much stopped when he first left the band.
Great point, I forgot all about that.
DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

kurtone

sing blue silver

Preorder is up now. I've got 2 coming my way because I'm an uber fanboy. It's total splooge worthy.

http://modlife.com/coheedandcambria

sing blue silver

Also the new single "Key Entity Extraction 1: Domino the Destitute" premiered on radio yesterday. Here's the 4 minute edit (cut down from 8 and a half or something).

Coheed and Cambria - Domino: The Destitute (Radio Edit)

bright lights, big city

It's pretty good. Better than new Muse. If for some reason you get this way before Oct 9 you better leak the sumbitch.

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jul 31, 2012, 10:26 PM
According to my album release notes (NERRRRRD!!), on Oct. 9 we get Acacia Strain, BTBAM, Coheed and Deftones. Gonna be absolutely amazing for me.
Add Converge to this day now too.
DERP

sing blue silver

I'll be on the lookout for a leak from now until release. When I get sent my full version of Domino I'll share it immediately.

TheShade1989

New song's okay, but expected better. Ah well, Sentry The Defiant is awesome and I cant wait to hear that in particular, but I am excited for the album.

sing blue silver

I think the full 8 minute version of Domino is fantastic. The radio edit loses a bit of the awesomeness just from stuff being cut but so far this album is shaping up to be much better than YOTBR.

Also, track list leaked. Only 9 songs but I imagine those songs will be pretty damn long.

1. The Hollow
2. Key Entity Extraction I: Domino The Destitute
3. The Afterman
4. Mothers Of Men
5. Goodnight, Fair Lady
6. Key Entity Extraction II: Hollywood The Cracked
7. Key Entity Extraction III: Vic The Butcher
8. Key Entity Extraction IV: Evagria The Faithful
9. Subtraction

No Sentry the Defiant on part 1 it seems. Odd.

Livewire

sing blue silver

But with a 2 hour documentary, the book, 2 CDs of demos and unreleased music and part 2 still to come, i'm not concerned. Coheed fans love to complain. The King of Limbs by Radioead was about the same length and it didn't bother me. It's quality over quantity but I'm sure we'll get more than enough of both here.

TheShade1989

Agree with quality over quantity, but who'd say no to both? Pissed off that there's no Sentry The Defiant though. It's like wen I saw one of those clips frm Crosses and it wasnt on the first EP. Ah well, hopefully I'll be enjoying the other songs too much to care. Also, you said the song that was 8 minutes long sounds better than the radio edit; have you heard it, or you're just assuming because it wont have to be condensed?

Livewire

lol, found this searching on google

Yes, yes they do.

sing blue silver

I've heard the live version many times and studied it even more than the new deftones tracks (I'm a fanboy) and the video comes out tomorrow/a studio version for those who preordered.

sing blue silver

TheShade1989

It's grown on me, I love it :D

sing blue silver

This is definitely a much stronger start than the last two albums. If this quality holds up throughout this could be a big album for them.

Deadradio

TheShade1989