Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Coheed and Cambria

Started by sing blue silver, Dec 08, 2009, 06:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bright lights, big city

damnit, it's still not at that point with me guys. after multiple listens, i would still put this at the bottom of their discography. Here We Are Juggernaut is probably the only song i really like off this thing.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

sing blue silver

well then you're missing out of in the flame of error and this shattered symphony. it's rocking my damn face off.

raynor

Is this worth checking out? The last album I heard with them had the number 3 in it and I kinda liked it back then.

kurtone

worth checking out for sure. even though its the first part of the story if feels like a fitting end...in my opinion anyway

sing blue silver

can't wait for my deluxe edition to come in the mail. this has me pretty pumped for the book. also my tickets to their show in montreal should be coming soon. also some extra songs when it comes out will be nice. this is some of the best structured melody they've ever written. vocals on this album pwn pretty much anything he's done before.

E-Money

sing blue silver

it has officially begun. check out a live streaming acoustic performance, book reading and Q & A, right here later today. http://www.facebook.com/coheedandcambria?v=app_105834626113801&ref=share

defskull

Just picked this up and it's really not that great.  Aside from the production and mixing being odd, the songs really aren't that great.  I appreciate experimenting in any band but I think it's missing some significant pop elements that were essential to what Coheed is. 

I know it's trite to say but I do miss their older stuff.  When I think of a band taking a more metal approach, I'd usually be thrilled.  But in the process of Coheed attempting this they've become too serious and lost some of what them such a great band to begin with.

sing blue silver

i love the new direction. it is a change though so you can't expect everyone like it. coheed have matured with my musical tastes over the years.

here are the 2 unreleased demo songs. interesting stuff. chamberlain is awesome.

Coheed and Cambria - Chamberlain (Unreleased Demo)

Coheed and Cambria - The Lost Shepherd (Unreleased Demo)

defskull

I think Here We Are Juggernaut is probably the best off the new album.  There are a few other good ones but other than that it just seems like filler.  I think it needs some more listens on me.

Deadradio

Livewire

3 pack download this coming Tuesday for Rock Band.  The songs are Guns of Summer, Here We are Juggernaut, and The Broken.

defskull

So basically the best songs off the new album? Not bad.

Livewire

Quote from: defskull on Apr 16, 2010, 11:25 PM
So basically the best songs off the new album? Not bad.

Yeah, I am digging World of Lines a bit now too, but the whole thing is still so underwhelming compared to all of their other stuff.

An bád dubh

Could someone post a link to the album? Cant find a working link anywhere and really wanna check this out finally.

sing blue silver

personally i think it's some of their most mature, dark and moving stuff. they've obviously improved greatly as musicians but i think it does suffer a bit from the old too many cooks syndrome. it feels a bit over-produced at times. still i love every song. some of the best melodies are on this one i think. also i just got my deluxe edition in the mail and the book is actually pretty good so far. i wasn't expecting any master writing here given the comic books but it's really quite an intriguing read right now. so far i'm completely drawn in and am loving the insight into willhelm ryan since he's always been my favorite character. maybe that's why i like this album so much (especially in the flame of error) because there's so much willhelm in it.