Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Coheed and Cambria

Started by sing blue silver, Dec 08, 2009, 04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sing blue silver

for anyone interested the band made this announcement today:

QuoteHey Everybody,

Happy Holidays and all that. We know you have been waiting patiently for Coheed info for 2010, so we hope this fills your hunger for now:

Our new album will be titled, "Year of the Black Rainbow," and is set for release in April 2010 and will be followed by a headline tour of the US, and then on to Europe and the UK for festivals and such.

As most of you know, the new album will be the "Origin Story" or "The Prequel," and likely the final story of the ongoing concept story of "The Amory Wars"

With "Year of the Black Rainbow," we will be releasing a deluxe package that includes a NOVEL OF THE SAME NAME. Not a graphic novel, but a full 300+page prose novel, which will tell the origins of Coheed and Cambria, and much more. There will be no mystery to this story, you will be able to explore it like never before. Presales will start near the end of December, exact date and pricing to be announced soon.

Producing this record is:
    Atticus Ross http://www.ninwiki.com/Atticus_Ross
    And Joe Baressi: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Barresi

They have helped us evolve our sound to be more powerful and dynamic than ever and we think it's definitely our best work to date.
    Some song titles are: "Here We are Juggernaut," "The Broken," "Pearl of the Stars," and "Guns of Summer."

Co-writing the book with Claudio is Peter David http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_David

The album will be released through Columbia Records/Sony in North America. For the rest of the world, Sony has licensed the rights to Roadrunner Records, who we feel will better make our music available in those territories, and opening up the potential for us to come to countries we rarely or never have been to before. We are very excited.

Can't wait til you can experience it.

Peace,
    Co&Ca

Personally i'm not too fond of the title and there being "no mystery to the story" but i've enjoyed all their music this far so i'm still eagerly awaiting this release. Also i'd much prefer a comic or graphic novel just because i'm a comic book fan and always enjoyed that aspect of the band. I'm sure i'll enjoy the book but it just seems a tad strange. Claudio's storylines tend to get a bit messy so maybe working with this author (if anyone knows anything really about him let me know) it'll become a bit more cohesive. i'm going to avoid the obvious lame pun and end on this note. I'm very excited but skeptical.

Livewire

Nice, especially the deluxe package. The title seems a bit strange though, and I would have liked if they had worked the number into the title.

wither-I

"coming into the nearness of distance"

sing blue silver

me either. maybe it'll grow on me but after titles like Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV: Volume One, From Fear Through The Eyes Of Madness and No World For Tomorrow it seems a bit lack-luster.

_Fireal_

Title reminds me of the Straight rainbow.

Anyway, I'm very excited.  I loved their last release (and all the other ones), and I can't wait to see their further progression as musicians.
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Sep 03, 2009, 07:06 AM
your a much better fireal than i am

" 

black coffee

Nailec

just keep in mind how their last outputs sucked ;)

bright lights, big city

I really enjoy these guys, they also put on a pretty damn fine live show. Looking forward to this, and I agree with the statement about the numberings. I don't get why this doesn't have a 'V' involved in the title.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

defskull

The new album title really sounds like a working title.  Not saying it is but it just seems like random words put together for the time being until they actually figure out what they'll call it.

Livewire

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Dec 09, 2009, 02:40 AM
I really enjoy these guys, they also put on a pretty damn fine live show. Looking forward to this, and I agree with the statement about the numberings. I don't get why this doesn't have a 'V' involved in the title.

well its a prequel album, so technically it should have 1 or something in there

Livewire

They announced the release date, April 13, and the tracklisting:

1. One
2. The Broken
3. Guns of Summer
4. Here We Are Juggernaut
5. Far
6. The Shattered Symphony
7. World of Lines
8. Made Out of Nothing
9. Pearl of the Stars
10. In the Flame of Error
11. When Skeletons Live
12. The Black Rainbow

They also have a countdown on their site that's set to run out on Tuesday.  I'm hoping it's for a new single.

indychinoluv

I'm super hyped on this. This will be Chris Pennie's debut recording with the band, so I hope he'll unleash. Claudio said that this album is going to be more melodic than the pervious ones, so we'll see.

It's pretty safe to say that there will be a fine display of musicmanship on display, that god that myspace song isn't on there, but I think it might be Claudio's solo project.

endoeleven

Cold had a good title with 'Year of the Spider'.

Livewire

Quote from: indychinoluv on Feb 06, 2010, 04:06 AM
It's pretty safe to say that there will be a fine display of musicmanship on display, that god that myspace song isn't on there, but I think it might be Claudio's solo project.

If you're talking about Under the Milky Way, that's a cover of the song originally by The Church.

Deadradio

the debut single should be in about and hour.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Livewire

Yeah, they've already got the cover up for it on digital music sites.

No More Sugar

QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

defskull

I like it.  My only complaint is I was hoping for more of a Pennie sound to be heard.  Instead it just sounds like Coheed drumming.  Which I guess is ideal, but for Pennie to give up DEP just to mimic someone else's style seems like a shame.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: defskull on Feb 09, 2010, 05:43 AM
I like it.  My only complaint is I was hoping for more of a Pennie sound to be heard.  Instead it just sounds like Coheed drumming.  Which I guess is ideal, but for Pennie to give up DEP just to mimic someone else's style seems like a shame.
very well said, dude
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?