Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Mars Volta/At the Drive-In/Omar Rodriguez/etcetcetc

Started by lostpilot, Feb 04, 2010, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starz

Their new album is the best shit they've done since De-loused imo.

Fireal1222

de loused was one of those albums that made me happy that atdi broke up. even frances the mute was pretty damn good. but everything after that was just playing awful in my opinion, all though i didnt hear the newest album, they stuff they released after frances the mute was so bad that im not even going to check out the new stuff.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

theis

You're crazy.

Bedlam is a masterpiece.

I love all their albums.

lostpilot

Quote from: theis on Mar 24, 2012, 03:49 PM
You're crazy.

Bedlam is a masterpiece.

I love all their albums.

But well Theis, Bedlam is a masterpiece in only by the "rules" that the album is written in. Comparing the overall quality/atmosphere/writing Bedlam is reallllllllllly far back from De-Loused and Frances.

I liked TMV much more when they were not covering the upper part of the spectrum with the guitars/voices. And they seem to be doing that more and more. That sharp hi-fi sound is just not what got me into them :-)

theis

Listen to the new one. Everything is "lower". Both vocals and guitar.

lostpilot

I should. In year 2021. I guess. Somehow it just feels out of place in my playlist right now

theis

Corleone

tried listening to the first two songs and wasn't feeling it, I think I need to be high

Sushi-X

Quote from: Starz on Mar 24, 2012, 01:30 PM
Their new album is the best shit they've done since De-loused imo.

this!

I was expecting another bloated and pointless album, but damn this new album is fucking good.

Rocket Skates '94

Corleone

I'm loving some of these songs, tracks 4,5,7,11,12 to be exact.

from_musings

noctourniquet is so far my favourite mars volta album - best one if you count the number of awesome songs. maybe the strongest songs on frances the mute and bedlam beats the best ones here but those albums also have a lot of songs i skip,espcially on bedlam. so many good songs on this one... whip hand, in absentia & trinkets pale of moon are personal favourites but aegis, dyslexicon, lapochka, imago are all great too

from_musings

Crazylegs

currently not digging the new album. I haven't really enjoyed any of their albums very much since Jon was no longer part of the band. His groove was one of the most important ingredients in their music.

glassdomino

it took multiple listens for it to sink in, but i'm glad i gave it a chance.  i am really feeling this album.  Dyslexicon, In Absentia, and Zed are absolutely epic.

E-Money

I liked a couple of songs... Zed really kicks ass.  Reminded me of some old TMV. 

from_musings

Quote from: Crazylegs on Apr 01, 2012, 11:51 PM
currently not digging the new album. I haven't really enjoyed any of their albums very much since Jon was no longer part of the band. His groove was one of the most important ingredients in their music.

haha what a slap in omar's face. doesn't matter if the songs he writes are good or not, doesn't matter how much thought he puts in in details - in the end - it's all about which drummer he uses  ;D

defskull

ATD-I is in town tonight. Sucks I just found out about it.

deftoolsys07

in Dallas or Austin? And it wouldn't have mattered, the tickets sold out the second they went on sale ha
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know