Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The Mars Volta/At the Drive-In/Omar Rodriguez/etcetcetc

Started by lostpilot, Feb 04, 2010, 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

Quote from: ben on Feb 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
Yea it's really just  a bunch of stupid shit.

Anyway, lately TMV has been playing a lot of De-loused and Frances live, which is cool.  They say that TMV is taking a break this year....maybe an ATDI reunion?  Probably not =(

That would be way too amazing, were not that lucky :(

Corleone

I didn't even know about octahedron? Shows how much this band has fallen off for me.

devlin

New Mars Volta Hoodie

one of my favorite books as a child.

i thought that was pretty cool.

theis

Damn, that hoodie is fucking awesome. Gonna buy that shit.

lostpilot

theis

Anyone got a front picture of it? Can't seem to find one.

ben

check out this super duper HARDCORE version cover of Arc Arsenal some stupid band did:

http://www.anglesideside.com/downloads/arcarsenal.mp3

Deftones-argentina

actually I really liked that version, they did a good jo reinventing the song, a few elements are a bit off but overall it's a nice rework.

Oldnewtype

yeah i agree, its nice to hear a cover that sounds so different from the original

lostpilot

how good is Cryptomnesia?
Haven't heard it yet.

I wish there were more Omar Rodriguez songs like 'Hands Tied to the Roots of a Hemorrhage", not just random chaos

raynor

It's alright, better than Octahedron in my opinion.

Northcal

Anyone remember this band.any thoughts?

Oldnewtype

mr.sinister

They have been releasing the follow to Octahedron for the past 3 years. Supposedly they already recorded a whole album, scrapped it, recorded another one, scrapped it and now they are working on another one. I think they might be on a small break because I haven't heard anything from them in a while.

illthrowROCKS@U

De-loused is obviously one of the best albums of all time.. and then it just kinda took a slow curve downward from there.  Though all their shit is pretty beast.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

theis

An bád dubh

For me, the first reactions are rather mixed. It'll need many more listens before I can say how I exactly feel about it.

I'm much more excited about the At the Drive-In reunion and their first live shows coming now in April.

An bád dubh

Quote from: E-Money on Feb 24, 2010, 03:48 PM
Quote from: ben on Feb 24, 2010, 03:39 PM
Yea it's really just  a bunch of stupid shit.

Anyway, lately TMV has been playing a lot of De-loused and Frances live, which is cool.  They say that TMV is taking a break this year....maybe an ATDI reunion?  Probably not =(

That would be way too amazing, were not that lucky :(
Oh yes we are.

TheShade1989

The new album is sexy, I wasnt expecting to like it because I pretty much hated Octahedron and Amputechture, but it's one of the very few albums where I like every song on it. My favorite album frm them has always been The Bedlam In Goliath, and that's a very chaotic-sounding album, and this one rivals it in my opinion. I'm always amazed by their ability to explore new directions while still retaining their sound.