Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Crosses [Chino Moreno's side project]

Started by deftuner, Feb 06, 2010, 04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 04, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hahaha unbelievable.... I bet you'll still seek out the high quality rip, even though you consider it to be so substandard that you wont part with 5 measly dollars for it. Fuck I'd give chino & co 10 just for taking the time to get a side project to release, which is actually a lot of hard work. At least they can rely on their core fans to reward them...oh wait

I won't, I'll just listen to the next EP's on YouTube. And even if I actually fucking download them, well deal with it. " Chino & co " can mean different things. Thus, I reward the Deftones by buying Diamond Eyes even if I don't like it because I am a hardcore Deftones fan. And thus, I don't reward Crosses because I'm not a Crosses fan.

And you know what, obviously you guys are so shocked by illegal downloads, right ? Then remain credible and go to some protests and go be fucking pussies in the Download & Request Thread.

In the mean time, I'll still download shit for free even if you think I'm a total asshole for doing it.

neutron liar

what's the quality of the free version?  I think I saw the $5 version is 320??

defsteve

Haha. All hail V. He rewarded Deftones by buying Diamond Eyes. Even though he didn't like it.

Hahahaha!

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

Vesanic

wheresmysnare is actually the first one who came up with that word.

Anyway, hate it, suck it, I don't give a fuck...

Penicks

i'm surprised you don't like it vesanic

to me it, it sounds a bit like i imagined diamond eyes would kind of sound

you know, an entirely different mindset of the band, more positive and hope giving, but still enjoyable music with a multiplicity of layers (which wasn't the case with the stale sounding diamond eyes)

Starz

I reckon this is what Eros will sound like but with a more darker vibe

skinnypuppy

I'm laughing my ass off that everyone's tone on illegal file sharing has changed so much with this EP. God Bless Crosses.

I personally paid to download the Source File version without sampling the free tracks because I wanted my first experience with the EP to be 100% quality. Even after hearing it and being disappointed, I don't regret the purchase. My $5 will help fund the next EP/Album and also help the band get more attention from labels if they choose to sign.

downtownpony

Quote from: defsteve on Aug 04, 2011, 12:47 PM
Quote from: downtownpony on Aug 04, 2011, 07:56 AM
Didn't they provide free downloads? Why is Defsteve being a bitch?

Downloading the free one is obviously fine. Being a fucking mingebag, coming onto here and posting a link to the $5 version, asking for the lyrics, asking for links to the hi-quality version is not cool.

Signed

The Bitch

My bad. I didn't read that far back. I do still think you're kinda gay for arguing about it as much as you have.

Deadradio

Quote from: neutron liar on Aug 04, 2011, 09:55 PM
what's the quality of the free version?  I think I saw the $5 version is 320??

259kbps

Still sounds good to me.

rock_n_frost

Quote from: Starz on Aug 04, 2011, 11:14 PM
I reckon this is what Eros will sound like but with a more darker vibe
thats
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Gnosticality

This is a sweet fucking EP. I just purchased.
I guess I'm a pussy for spending $5 for it? XD.

jbmp1390

Quote from: skinnypuppy on Aug 04, 2011, 11:22 PM
I'm laughing my ass off that everyone's tone on illegal file sharing has changed so much with this EP. God Bless Crosses.

So fucking true. Pretty hilarious right. Come on guys, if we don't pay $5 for the Crosses EP Chino and all his friends and family members will most likely die due to extreme poverty or maybe just from the life shattering, crushing dissapointment of learning that some of his fans have downloaded his music. I agree with vesanic. If you care so much about illegal downloading, then go whine about to someone who gives a fuck. defsteve, get off chino's dick. That statement applies to many others on this board as well.

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?

Corleone

After listening to this a couple times, I don't like it.

100Modem

Humm how can I say... its not terrible terrible, but not good either... it reminds me of A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park, probably the worst album of the century. Still, it sounds better then it.
Lets see what comes in the next EP, maybe it will grow on me.

BillyNo.9

Quote from: jbmp1390 on Aug 05, 2011, 10:47 AM

So fucking true. Pretty hilarious right. Come on guys, if we don't pay $5 for the Crosses EP Chino and all his friends and family members will most likely die due to extreme poverty or maybe just from the life shattering, crushing dissapointment of learning that some of his fans have downloaded his music. I agree with vesanic. If you care so much about illegal downloading, then go whine about to someone who gives a fuck. defsteve, get off chino's dick. That statement applies to many others on this board as well.

Yup, the fact that some people downloaded it the instant it became available via elite54 shows their support and interest for the project anyway, I'm sure whoever downloaded it then and loved it will most likely buy it. The fact that Crosses released a version free is grounds to not get judgemental.

Deftones-argentina

I'm going to more or less Quote dustin kensrue from thrice when asked about his thoughts on piracy:

"bah, support artist in any way you consider appropiate"

Maybe the one that didn't pay for it (whatever the reason) will still tell a lot of his friends about the proyect and gets the ball rolling (that actually might boost sales), or go to a crosses show (imaging there's one). there's a lot of forms of supporting artist, buying the record is one. if you can't, or you don't want to, you can still do other stuff.

defsteve

Crosses ††† : Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Website

wheresmysnare

I know its only $5 dollars but i'd like to think i helped the guys out, you know they could spend their percentage of it on a mcdonalds or the services of your mother for a night

deftoolsys07

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 06, 2011, 01:42 AM

I know its only $5 dollars but i'd like to think i helped the guys out, you know they could spend their percentage of it on a mcdonalds or the services of your mother for a night

spend it on mcdonalds? are you talking about chino during the SNW era? you know they have $1 burgers there, right?
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

jbmp1390

Quote from: wheresmysnare on Aug 06, 2011, 01:42 AM

my mother is dead. thanks for that, fucking asshole

Can I use this chair? Seriously can I use it?