Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

To tell someone that you have feelings for her...

Started by theis, Feb 16, 2010, 11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blixa

oh no, don't be doing it drunk. no way, man. be sober as shit. no respectable female wants to be told that they are liked by a drunk person. sober and honest is the way to go.

Quote from: theis on Feb 17, 2010, 12:10 PM
Quote from: blixa on Feb 17, 2010, 12:03 PM
we can tell you all the advice you need, but once you're in front of her about to open your mouth you will bloody forget everything. there's just her face and nothing else, and you're going to feel like the most smallest person in the whole world and at that moment you probably are the smallest person in the world. this is what people mean when you offer yourself to another person, naked and all.

Holy shit, my heart is racing just from reading that. Goddamn, I'm nervous about this.

And no, I won't tell her I'm "falling in love". I'll tell her something along this lines that I have feelings for her and then hopefully the rest comes naturally.

Also, she's just so beautiful and that makes it even more intimidating.

I hope I can go through with it and not chicken out.

oh, jesus. i didn't mean to freak you out. this is why i don't confront people with my feelings. too fucking intense. scares the living crap out of men. it don't matter how beautiful she is. i hope that isn't the main reason you like her because if it is then hmmm. she's probably beautiful because she's beautiful inside. kind of like that movie 'the truth about cats and dogs' where brian says something along the lines of  how someone's appearance can change the longer you know them and how a very attractive person, if you don't like them, can become more and more ugly. on the other hand, someone you might not have even noticed and would never have looked at more than once, that if you love them, they can become the most beautiful thing you've ever seen and all you want to do is be close to them all the fucking time.

black coffee

Is it usually just the two of you spending time together, or are there other people around? I find it hard to imagine that she's gonna freak out if you tell here, as long as she's not talking about her EX all the time or about someone she's totally into (and it's not you).
Maybe she's having feelings for you as well and just waiting for you to make the first step. I wouldn't know, of course. This might not be the advice you're looking for, but I would prefer trying my best and maybe losing a female friend instead of suffering in a lame boy-girl friendship where you don't get what you want anyways.

theis

Quote from: blixa on Feb 17, 2010, 01:02 PM
i hope that isn't the main reason you like her because if it is then hmmm.

Oh, no no no. Not at all. She's the sweetest person ever. She's naturally beautiful and I just find that a bit intimidating.

Quote from: black coffee on Feb 17, 2010, 01:09 PM
Is it usually just the two of you spending time together, or are there other people around? I find it hard to imagine that she's gonna freak out if you tell here, as long as she's not talking about her EX all the time or about someone she's totally into (and it's not you).
Maybe she's having feelings for you as well and just waiting for you to make the first step. I wouldn't know, of course. This might not be the advice you're looking for, but I would prefer trying my best and maybe losing a female friend instead of suffering in a lame boy-girl friendship where you don't get what you want anyways.

A lot of the times it's just her and me. Sure, there are occasions where my other friends join, but she's so easy to be around that it never gets awkward when it's just her and me. As far as I know, she's not into anyone else. She doesn't talk about any other guys.

It's just hard to figure out how to say it. I think we'll start out with watching a movie and after that I'd have to say something. Something along "hey, before you go I need to tell you something...etc"...

Jacob

pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

No More Sugar

explain to her in great detail about how your daily functions have been interrupted by the mere thought of her beauty. tell her that you only know one thing for sure, is that she makes you the happiest person in the world...

good luck man.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

Crazylegs

Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 17, 2010, 01:47 PM
explain to her in great detail about how your daily functions have been interrupted by the mere thought of her beauty. tell her that you only know one thing for sure, is that she makes you the happiest person in the world...
maybe not.

theis

Quote from: No More Sugar on Feb 17, 2010, 01:47 PM

Ha. If I wanted to freak the living shit out of her, then yes, I'd say that.

blixa

when are you planning to tell her? please tell us what happens. goodluck but i don't reckon you'll need it. she'll jump your bones for sure hahaha.

theis

I'm not really sure what I'm gonna say.

It's hard to plan something like that word for word. I hope it just comes to me.

No More Sugar

So you're gonna tell her she doesn't make you happy? Defeats the purpose of what your trying to do in my opinion, which is press her to see if she has any of the same feelings as you do. The daily functions thing was a joke, but it can be used as an additive if you need some extra umph if she asks you why. I meant like tell her you lie in bed trying to fall asleep thinking about you know...the next time you will see her, things of that nature.

and yes, the best thing to do is not to plan it. just let it happen.
QuoteSome one tell me shut up.

theis

Yeah I know what you mean. I just don't wanna make it sound too overwhelming.

blixa

don't plan it. i agree with that. just tell her when you feel it is best. preferably if you guys are out for a walk or something.

theis

Hmm, it's freezing here so a walk is probably out of the question, hehe.

I think we're gonna watch a movie and then I'll say something afterwards.

raynor

theis

Nah, I'm gonna keep it sober. I think that's the best way.

blixa

oh to feel so purely about someone. i have a thing for this guy at work but it's mostly based on the fact that i want to fuck his brains out with lustful violently good sex.

nonesuch

tell her that you would climb the highest mountains, swim across the biggest oceans, leap the tallest buildings, bend the strongest metal, read the longest book, cure the most lethal disease, clean up the most pollution, descend into the deepest cavern, discover the oldest civilazation, travel to the farthest star, eat the sloppiest joe, yodle into eternal echo, shop for the best discounts, lie under the deepest oath, purge the most digested lunch, nap through the hottest afternoon, swallow the biggest horse tranquilizer, hopscotch the longest distance, borrow her favorite movie, design the most form fitting pair of pants, rob the richest liquor store, discuss the most complex political matters, pinch the most massive loaf, brick the most basketballs, spin the longest yarn, sheer the fattest sheep, listen to the most banal nagging, betray the deepest loyalty, differentiate the most like patterns, dissolve the most lipophilic solute, stir the thickest stew

for her love
i drink your milkshake

raynor

Quote from: theis on Feb 17, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not saying you should get hammered but it's good to set the mood. It's all up to you though. Good luck!

Jacob

Quote from: raynor on Feb 17, 2010, 03:29 PM
Quote from: theis on Feb 17, 2010, 02:27 PM
I'm not saying you should get hammered but it's good to set the mood. It's all up to you though. Good luck!

yeah, a glass of wine won't get anyone drunk but will relax you and set the mood.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

theis

I'll drink some wine at dinner.

She'd definitely think it was weird if I opened up a bottle of wine on a Wednesday, haha.