Eros

Started by Vesanic, Mar 23, 2010, 01:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyalDeftonicBoy

Deftines eros in studio 2008 Clip 2

Everytime I see this I see it soooooooo far away :(

illthrowROCKS@U

Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

Question #1: Not at all.

Question #2: Not at all. It may be the album to come out soonest from their last (though Adrenaline to ATF was 2 years also), but I'm pretty sure as far as time and energy spent it was much more than previous stuff. Most of their early days they didn't spend as much time writing and recording as they do now, but a lot more bullshitting.
9/26/10 - Patriot Center
5/22/11 - Sunset Cove Amphitheater
8/7/12 - Verizon Center
10/26/12 - Ram's Head Live
3/8/13 - House of Blues
10/8/13 - Baltimore Arena
7/31/15 - The Fillmore
8/8/15 - Susquehanna Bank Center
8/3/16 - Pier Six Pavillion
6/14/17 - MGM National Harbor
5/17/22 - The Anthem

Flamberg

Quote from: SIGH on Nov 16, 2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone else feel like "KNY" has some re-worked Eros material??

Was this not their fastest album (writing/recording time-wise)?

Yes...

Eros have song with working title Trempest.
New album have song Tempest.

What do you think about that? :)

DeftonesNZ

They're not the same songs,the names aren't even the same...

Flamberg

Did you hear Trempest?

The names are the same for about 99.7%

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Flamberg on Nov 26, 2012, 04:42 AM
Did you hear Trempest?

The names are the same about 99.7%
No but why would you assume they're the same song because the names are similar it's completely unfounded it doesn't even sound the Eros era stuff

pony_01

Did you hear Trempest?

its just song titles, doesnt mean shit with their early or new material.
"you've seen the butcher" once used as a title track for a demo they put on myspace, and they used that title again on DE.

DAFTPUNK87

Did you hear Trempest?

He may have just liked that titled, and decided to drop the "R" and use that song title on KNY.
OR some of those song titles for Eros may not even be totally legit.. who knows.
But NO I highly doubt they would use some Eros material given that they do plan to release Eros in the near future..

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

ignore the fashion

How close were we actually to seeing a release of Eros anyways, those could've all been working titles and not really mean a damn thing.

DeftonesNZ

Very close they had estimated release dates and all the instrumentals were done Chino just had to finish vocals on some of the songs,So i think the songs were all chosen and written and they were about to finish recording when Chi's accident happened

Dath

Since all the Eros working titles were supposed to be stripper names, that means...man, I'd think anyone would take Tempest over Trempest for a stage name. She had to have thought of it, right?

nineteen

At the end of the day, none of us know.

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: Dath on Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
Since all the Eros working titles were supposed to be stripper names, that means...man, I'd think anyone would take Tempest over Trempest for a stage name. She had to have thought of it, right?
I don't even get what your'e saying lol

godin

I have my doubts that Eros was "nearly done". Deftones had a nasty habit around that time (and for years before) of taking FOREVER to get anything done in the studio. It took them like 2 years to get those Bob Ezrin Instrumentals done and even then they just sounded like Demos/ Loose song ideas. My guess is they were at similar stages, maybe a little bit closer, than those demos around the time Chi had his accident
Dingus.

DeftonesNZ

But they also performed a song of the album they usually do that a couple of months before release,plus i don't see any reason why they would lie about how far they had got i have seen multiple interviews where they all said all the final instrumentals were done and %75 percent of vocals too ,plus they said they were really enjoying working together and it was going really smooth so it wasn't a complicated process like SNW

Bifrost

Quote from: godin on Nov 29, 2012, 02:11 AM
I have my doubts that Eros was "nearly done". Deftones had a nasty habit around that time (and for years before) of taking FOREVER to get anything done in the studio. It took them like 2 years to get those Bob Ezrin Instrumentals done and even then they just sounded like Demos/ Loose song ideas. My guess is they were at similar stages, maybe a little bit closer, than those demos around the time Chi had his accident

yeah I highly doubt it was close to being finished as well, and I have a feeling the material would be very SNW-esque (disjointed) the band was in a weird state around the time it was written, kinda just going through the motions... but hey maybe folks would like that, it seems like SNW is getting more love these days

Dath

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 29, 2012, 01:54 AM
Quote from: Dath on Nov 29, 2012, 12:45 AM
I don't even get what your'e saying lol

Well, as far as I know, all the Eros demos had stripper's names as working titles. If that's true, there is or was a stripper somewhere calling herself "Trempest".

DeftonesNZ

I always thought it was bad times aswell but Chino said recently in that front magazine interview that Eros is when they started doing the whole working together deal they made Diamond Eyes and KNY so fast,Also about the stripper name thing i don't know if they were talking about real life strippers or just made up names that sounded like stripper names

Dath

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Nov 29, 2012, 02:53 AM
I always thought it was bad times aswell but Chino said recently in that front magazine interview that Eros is when they started doing the whole working together deal they made Diamond Eyes and KNY so fast,Also about the stripper name thing i don't know if they were talking about real life strippers or just made up names that sounded like stripper names

Probably made up names.

pony_01