Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vesanic

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic
So I'm in the staff of the Chilean Deftones fans community and they just got the OK to interview them before their set at the Lollapalooza festival on April 2nd. They want me to come up with a couple of questions. I can do it but if some of you guys want to ask a specific question, here's your chance.

I'll let you know when the interview is done.

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 13, 2011, 10:59 AM
Quote from: Adrenaline951 on Apr 12, 2011, 09:50 PMUpdates???

Nope

like always i come in peace, but you kinda let us believe that you were a link between the band and us that time (through the chilean site) - that we could ask questions to deftones through you and that their answers would appear here...i mean you made a thread where everyone could come up with questions, but then in the end - nothing, just silence.

the consequence is of therefor that one might think it was just a way for you to hype yourself up. you engaged some folks, you can at least say what's up, say what happened / did not happen.

on the whole, you do much for this place and I really respect the time you spend here,posting news updates and material, but i'm sure you tolerate some criticism. just say something more than nope when people ask man :)

Vesanic

Dude, seriously. You say " I come in peace " but obviously you're looking for the little bug. The interview will be available soon, don't be such a cry baby. Everytime I said on this board that I would do something, I did, so relax and be patient.

pony_01

Starz

"The only musicians around me that really inspire me are people like Chino Moreno. Every album Deftones releases gets better and better; his vocals are awesome and his lyrics are great. He's not aspiring to be some mega rock star. People look up to him for his talent and not because he has clothing companies, a record label, owns a bar or puts himself all over the internet. Chino is a bad-ass singer and that's about it - that interests me." Quote taken from Spencer Chamberlain of the band Underoath in the latest Rock Sound magazine.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 14, 2011, 07:47 AM
relax and be patient

that's easy for you to say, but ok.

keep up the good work man :)

ponyx

Menos el Oso

Penicks

should've been an unlockable charactar on thps 1

VictorPL

They are finally coming to Poland, my life is now complete.

Vesanic

Rock im Park 2006

Damn Chino makes me sad.

theis

Haha!

At least he has taken care of his fatness now.

from_musings

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 13, 2011, 08:21 PM
Nice long interview of Abe about Chi, the upcoming tour, the next plans, " Covers " vinyl, etc.

http://www.guerrillacandy.com/2011/04/12/listen-an-interview-with-deftones-abe-cunningham/

when i listen to steph and chino in interviews, i listen to every word they say, often listen to the interviews several times. interviews with abe...  i just can't concentrate, i find myself thinking about other things over and over during listening to him talk. it's just the most boring uninteresting shit. well i think so, I probably missed out on a lot of things as usual with that guy ^^

ponyx

Seems chinito is getting chubby again. But I'm sure he won't double his size again...

Vesanic

Quote from: theis on Apr 18, 2011, 07:20 PM
Haha!

At least he has taken care of his fatness now.

Yeah, but not only he was terribly fat, but he seemed... somewhere else. Not in a good place. I'm sure you know what I mean.

theis

Yeah, definitely.

I loved SNW when it came out, but I can't really listen to it anymore. That whole era just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Vocally and lyrically, you can just hear that he was in a bad, bad place.

His vibe is great now, though. Good for him.

Vesanic

Quote from: theis on Apr 18, 2011, 08:29 PM
Vocally and lyrically, you can just hear that he was in a bad, bad place.

I think that's what gives it its special depressive side that I love, especially in Riviere. I'm a freak. No, wait, I'm just a Deftones fan.

EDIT: I think the guy (looks like Anthony Hopkins) in your sig's checking out the chick in mine.

White Wrist

Quote from: theis on Apr 18, 2011, 08:29 PM

I loved SNW when it came out, but I can't really listen to it anymore. That whole era just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Vocally and lyrically, you can just hear that he was in a bad, bad place.

the same here. lyrically ...a bad bad moment.

vinsanity

Quote from: Vesanic on Apr 18, 2011, 09:44 PM

EDIT: I think the guy (looks like Anthony Hopkins) in your sig's checking out the chick in mine.

he's Robert Blake, i think :P
Gentleman, you can't fight in here! This the War Room!!

from_musings