Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pony_01

Quote from: vinsanity on Jul 10, 2012, 10:09 AM
Chino playing guitar in 10 of 13 songs, hmm

i bet the other 3 songs is the heaviest

from_musings

Quote from: pony_01 on Jul 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
it's kinda weird to know chino write lyrics that he didn't know what it is about. he's totally stoned while writing the lyrics lol

i guess he feels that he has nothing special to say, so he uses his voice as an instrument instead . I've looked at it like that since the get go. couple of cool phrases here and there but nothing more. but it's fine by me

cvthedrv

Quote from: pony_01 on Jul 10, 2012, 02:53 PM

i dont like very much that idea

Sicario

Like with anything I'm looking forward to my excitement rises and falls as the release date approaches. I think the record has come together a little too fast, but I also have faith in their music. I mean rarely have I been able to find a band that can play some of the heaviest music, and do it well, while still being able to make softer songs that are good too. While DE was a bit plain compared to previous efforts, it still had its heavy moments. Those wishing for an ATF or Adrenaline sequel are going to be disappointed. Hell if anyone is wishing for that, then I have to think that you've been disappointed for many years. I do like how he mentioned 13 songs though. I don't know why but that seems like a chance that the record may be more dynamic than DE was. No matter what it turns out to be I still consider them to be head and shoulders better than most bands out there today. Never in my entire life have I heard so much shit music going around.
Men talk of killing time while time quietly kills them.

from_musings

it will never be a adrenaline or atf again, but I don't think they will ever abandon their heavy side entirely. chino's probably very tired of the screaming stuff, but it's a business. they know most of the money comes from concerts and if they do an album that is soft from start to finish, many longtime fans who grew up and dig the aggro stuff and are still with them could stay home from a show,almost like a protest. "yep, that's it they've lost it - R.I.P" they must add some heavy songs to not lose them and then do 2-3 radio hits that's easy listening, poppy and some super soft ones to get new fans. that's the idea of deftones nowadays. one interesting question for me is how many heavy songs they will go for this time. not saying it's automatically good just bc it's heavy nor it's bad bc it's soft, but it's a good start for me

iceache

Quote from: pony_01 on Jul 10, 2012, 02:49 PM
it's kinda weird to know chino write lyrics that he didn't know what it is about. he's totally stoned while writing the lyrics lol

lol half the lyrics he writes are that way.. they just don't make sense.

rock_n_frost

I told you at ''hexagram lyrics thread''  even they dont know whats the song about.

Hey we have 2 song name
Flashback = sextape
Roller = Rocket
Quote from: Vesanic
You used to call me on my cellphone

Shadow46/2

Quote from: Millennia on Jul 10, 2012, 08:26 AM
FUCK. ME. IM. EXCITED.

QFT. Jammy? I'm liking the sound of this. I love Chino's guitar style, so that mixed in with Steph's assault sounds perfect.

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

gottsu

13 tracks is even a lot for Deftones. Still can't wait October!  8)

deftoner664

13 tracks is awesome and will be a very rewarding for us fans.. I really hate the fact that people bitch about "soft" songs. We havent heard anything yet and even if they are on the soft side so what?! The Deftones are good with dynamics and if they had straight CHUG CHUG CHUG all the time there really wouldnt be a vast range of soundscapes for them to explore... Just be thankful they are focused as a whole unit in the band and are happy and making genuine music together...
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

TheShade1989

Well, I'm excited. I love the mix of heavy and soft, and I love Chino's writing style; it's usually abstract and a "snapshot" as he calls it. He usually writes by just letting the music or his thoughts or feelings influence him, and at the time he doesnt know what it's about because he's just feeling it, but later on wen he can see it frm the outside, it can be interpreted different ways. I'm sure that's how he usually writes, so I'm happy with this. Also, I like his guitar-playing, and if he and Stephen are working together with less tension, it can only be a good thing.

from_musings

Quote from: TheShade1989 on Jul 10, 2012, 08:43 PM
I love Chino's writing style; it's usually abstract and a "snapshot" as he calls it. He usually writes by just letting the music or his thoughts or feelings influence him, and at the time he doesnt know what it's about because he's just feeling it, but later on wen he can see it frm the outside, it can be interpreted different ways. I'm sure that's how he usually writes, so I'm happy with this

or... chino's got a big ass aquarium with sea cows that push around idea balls with words 

976-EVIL

Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 10, 2012, 03:07 PM

Chino Played on Royal, that's a pretty aggressive track...not worried.
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

luisch

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 10, 2012, 09:53 PM
Quote from: cvthedrv on Jul 10, 2012, 03:07 PM

Chino Played on Royal, that's a pretty aggressive track...not worried.

Combat!
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

976-EVIL

Your right Luisch! Thanks for posting the article and congrats on 500...
One last Thing...You Should Beware the Content!!

Thank God that you........ love..... at all.

from_musings

haha stop name dropping songs that's already been mentioned,waste of time and space - help coming up with more examples instead. think!

luisch

Quote from: 976-EVIL on Jul 10, 2012, 10:18 PM
Your right Luisch! Thanks for posting the article and congrats on 500...

I hadn't noticed about my post!
Thank you, and my pleasure
Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

snw9

I think we're going to get some good marketable singles off this record. Chino is great at writing mid-tempo, slow songs. I am honestly more eager to listen to the other 3 songs that he doesn't play guitar on. ITs the third record with the 8 string guitar and since we haven't heard Eros, I hope Stephen rips it hard on those 3 songs.....

Nonetheless, a potential sonic, musically aesthetic and creative record to look forward especially during the positive times the band is experiencing.

Hold up a second! We still have covers to get as well so in total we could expect 14-16 songs....:D
Code: [Select]

from_musings

i really hope none of the 13 songs end up like the d.e outtake. if a track or two of those 13 end up on b-sides is fine, just don't put them away in the dark  :(