Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmysnare

don't know if this has been posted and my internet is so slow right now, checking back is painful..

Deftones Chino Moreno spoke with "Revolver" about the new album.

Chino stated: "It's not like on some of our previous records where you can hear that Stephen wrote all the heavy stuff and I wrote all the pussy songs. We wrote organically as two guitar players with no ego battles. I play guitar on 10 of 13 songs, which is more guitar than I've played."

The heaviest song on the album is titled "Roller Derby", which is similar to "Rocket Skates". He stated: "maximum riffage with a strong melody."

He also spoke of a new song titled "Flashback", saying it reminded him of something from "White Pony". They plan to release the new CD on October 9th.

Vesanic

This has already been posted, but thanks anyway.

chaka.chaka

Does anyone know where I can find the picture of Chino, Steph, Abe, and Vega smiling, and then Frank says NO..?

I've been searching with no luck. Was a great laugh that I think someone else I know would appreciate.  ;D

SomeOf

Fender News caught up with the always-articulate Cheng in January 2006, as Deftones were working on their as-yet untitled forthcoming album and preparing to embark on the Taste of Chaos tour.

FN: Chino and Stephen definitely offer different musical influences. Chino is more into the Cure and My Bloody Valentine; Stephen is more into heavier bands like Meshuggah. Where do you stand?
CC: I kind of float around, right in between.

http://www.fender.com/news/index.php?display_article=87

Shadow46/2

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

SomeOf

SomeOf

Inkblades

LOL @ the photoshopping in that last picture.

deftoner664

Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

sing blue silver

snw9

Code: [Select]

Robotsatemygrandma

Quote from: snw9 on Aug 05, 2012, 02:08 PM
Why isn't anyone smiling?

They're, like, a metal band dude.

No smiling allowed.

Lawlz.

mothraw

Penicks

Vesanic

That's because there's the S/T cover in the background, haha.

Actually I'll take back what I said and say only Chino's face on this is pretty lame.

Penicks

no seriously chino's face is cool as shit!

it's like "yeah bitch i'd/i hit that"

shine down unshy