Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones pictures, interviews, magazine scans.

Started by theis, May 01, 2010, 01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkblades

Some interesting tidbits about Nick Raskulinecz's working relationship with the band that I didn't know in that last article - they wanted him to produce Gore but he wasn't available and he evidently wasn't around for all of Koi No Yokan.

Shadow46/2

Yeah it sounds like things kind of tapered off with Nick - makes sense they'd want to go back to Terry

Speak of the devil, and he shall appear.

Vesanic

sharinglungs

Stef confirms that Eros is complete instrumentally.

buflen

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 15, 2020, 12:15 AM
There are so much contradicting information about this. I def heard somewhere saying chi's part weren't completed. I guess it was bullshit. Maybe it was mis communication and that person meant Chino's part.

buflen

Inkblades

I don't really have time for a two hour interview. What's the time mark for the Eros talk? Any other important/interesting info?

buflen

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 15, 2020, 02:06 AM
I don't really have time for a two hour interview. What's the time mark for the Eros talk? Any other important/interesting info?
All the music for Ohms was finished last summer, and it took chino the rest of the year through christmas to record his vocals and he doesn't seem a big fan of this.

buflen

Thank god Stef doesn't have full control of the deftones sound because it'd be chino singing over Meshuggah riffs.

buflen

I wish fans and media would get over eros and just accept it will never come out. I'm tired of interviews asking about it constantly.

I_Know_ok

Quote from: sharinglungs on Sep 15, 2020, 12:15 AM

He actually said that a few times in interviews  around the DE era. Crazy how Chino says it's nowhere near finished at all but Stef said it's only the vocals that need to be done. I'm sure Stef also said the vocals are halfway done on the songs too.

buflen

Kinda sucks for stef that he can't write the riffs he'd naturally write if he had full control over the music.

edit: even though I'd hate it. he used to be the main song writer

Draken

I love interviews with Steph because he's usually more candid about the inner workings of the band. When he talked about Eros being done instrumentally and Chino not being enthused about the music it just kind of made sense considering everything else they've said about their process. It's too bad Chino will probably never feel up to finishing the record, even though the music is there but from what Steph was also saying that Chino finishes the vocals last but ends up changing the music.

I_Know_ok

Quote from: buflen on Sep 15, 2020, 06:25 AM
Kinda sucks that stef can't write the riffs he'd naturally write if he had full control over the music.

You said you'd hate that though

Draken

Kinda glad they don't try to be Meshuggah. Their broad spectrum of sound and influence is how they carved their own path in music.

I_Know_ok

Quote from: buflen on Sep 15, 2020, 02:43 AM
Thank god Stef doesn't have full control of the deftones sound because it'd be chino singing over Meshuggah riffs.

Quote from: buflen on Sep 15, 2020, 06:25 AM
Kinda sucks that stef can't write the riffs he'd naturally write if he had full control over the music.

lol

mandalay

Quote from: Inkblades on Sep 15, 2020, 02:06 AM
Stef also said he took a backseat in the songwriting process on Ohms, but that his parts are mixed into the songs.  He basically said the songwriting process was pretty similar to Gore.  But that the song Ohms (as well as Rubicon on Gore) are all his.