Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

your best video game accomplishment ever?

Started by Hidalgo, Jan 08, 2011, 11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hidalgo

mine: i beat street fighter 2 turbo on the hardest difficulty without losing even 1 round all the way through(let alone a fight), got the best ending the game had. SNES. did that in like 1994 i think

poofing acid

wheresmysnare

i went on a train journey to scotland starting off in southern england, which is about 7 hours or something and completed super mario world on the game boy 10 times, hoping that something cool would happen on the 10th time, it didn't. I now have an RSI and a withered claw hand as a result.

Hidalgo

Quote from: raynor on Jan 09, 2011, 05:13 PM

beat this mofo!
beat this quite a few times. great game. metriod fusion is the best metriod since. i haven't played other M yet but it looks great

bright lights, big city

beating Gunstar Heroes was pretty touch way back when. Probably because I was young, since I replayed it on the 360 and beat in my first sitting. I've also beat all the Call of Duty's on veteran mode.

also got 120 stars in this beast
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Fireal1222

during high school lunch i was called to the office. i was thinking, wonderful what did i do? i get to the office to find out i have a phone call. i pick up the phone and its my dad, hes at home. he begins telling me that he finally beat pin bot.. pin bot is a pinball game for nintendo, in the game their is a high scores list, and the top score is like, impossible. anyway after years and years and years, he had finally beat the high score. anyway, my dad takes the cake with pinbot.

I'm Not Here.
This Isn't Happening.

bright lights, big city

DERP

Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Hidalgo

me and 2 dear friends beat mario 64 120 stars, and goldeneye 007 n64 on 00 agent, in 1997. epic. team effort

Frequency_Chemist

Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 10, 2011, 07:07 AM
during high school lunch i was called to the office. i was thinking, wonderful what did i do? i get to the office to find out i have a phone call. i pick up the phone and its my dad, hes at home. he begins telling me that he finally beat pin bot.. pin bot is a pinball game for nintendo, in the game their is a high scores list, and the top score is like, impossible. anyway after years and years and years, he had finally beat the high score. anyway, my dad takes the cake with pinbot.

Absolutely fucking beautiful lol.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: Hidalgo on Jan 13, 2011, 06:54 AM
me and 2 dear friends beat mario 64 120 stars, and goldeneye 007 n64 on 00 agent, in 1997. epic. team effort
it seriously took me about 3 months to beat aztec on the hardest difficulty.
DERP

Hidalgo

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Jan 13, 2011, 06:49 PM
Quote from: Hidalgo on Jan 13, 2011, 06:54 AM
it seriously took me about 3 months to beat aztec on the hardest difficulty.
yea, that one took us a few months too. only because that one room with the golden gun had all those automatic machine guns kill you unless you stepped on the floor panals in the correct order. we had no idea, nothing in the game before that suggested they'd do that. that was the only thing out of those 2 games we looked at a strategy guide for. i just didn't make sense. i thought the hardest level on 00 agent was the control room. that was a nightmare on 00. anyway, great times. 007 n64 is still my all time fav game

sing blue silver

Quote from: White_Diamond_Wrist on Jan 13, 2011, 09:22 AM
Quote from: Fireal1222 on Jan 10, 2011, 07:07 AM

Absolutely fucking beautiful lol.

your dad sounds like the man.

ToneDef

Getting extremely competent at Counter Strike.

And an era of dominance playing doubles at FIFA10.

Other shit too, I just can't remember.

Jacob

playing World of Warcraft for over 30 hours straight.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

black coffee

Not really looking at it as an accomplishment, but playing Outcast for the first time made me kind of proud.

Also getting through the first Resident Evil on Playstation 1 without shitting my pants. What a shocking moment that was when you hear the sound of breaking glass, and suddenly mutated dogs run towards you.

And while I'm at it, making some Resident Evil 5 Mercenaries high-scores with my brother, always pushing each other, was just so much fun.

Crazylegs

Quote from: black coffee on Jan 15, 2011, 04:19 PM
Also getting through the first Resident Evil on Playstation 1 without shitting my pants. What a shocking moment that was when you hear the sound of breaking glass, and suddenly mutated dogs run towards you.

Building up the confidence to complete certain games is often the hardest thing to do. I had the same feeling with condemned: criminal origins.
There were several occations where i just had to turn my 360 off and wait an hour or two before i dared to continue.

TheWatcher

ToneDef

Quote from: Crazylegs on Jan 15, 2011, 06:22 PM
Quote from: black coffee on Jan 15, 2011, 04:19 PM

Building up the confidence to complete certain games is often the hardest thing to do. I had the same feeling with condemned: criminal origins.
There were several occations where i just had to turn my 360 off and wait an hour or two before i dared to continue.

Oh man, The Resi games do that to me. Dino Crisis did it, but it was so damn playable. A great balance. Project Zero/Fatal Frame was too much for me though. I was too scared to play it.

I find though that with those kinda games I'm all tense when I'm playing it. I don't let myself relax and get immersed because when the next scripted scare happens I'll shit myself. I'm just all tense, getting to the next save point as soon as possible, then turning that shit off!

bright lights, big city

condemned was great and had the affect on me too. dead space too, i couldn't play it at night after awhile.
DERP