Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

The story behind your name

Started by lukas989, Apr 28, 2011, 02:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukas989

Is the 989 significant in any way?  Not really - whilst creating a hotmail account all those years ago - in work, when I wasnt supposed to - the sweat appearing on my brow told me to act hasty and pick something I was pretty sure was available...so I went for a high number with a palandromic vibe goin' on.  Pretty dull I'm sure - but the positive thinker in me feels theres many many tales of excitement and joviality to be had with one and alls utterings...where did your name come from?  (just to confirm - the name Im referring to is your SL moniker - not your name in real life.  In fact fuck it - if theres an exciting tale behind that also -  do tell).

lostpilot

Before I was "bored", now I am "lostpilot".

bored - I believe it's quite obvious what is the background to this. Yes, there were times that I was a Deftones fanboy. And I was mostly a bored de-motivated teenager.

lostpilot - I got it from The Out_Circuit song. Not because of the song itself - I really like  the concept of a "pilot which is lost". It's like a paradox. And it does define me in some sense - so why not.

My name.. my grandfather wanted to call me "Paul" (English-ized version). But my mom stood up and said no - he is going to be Darius. My name's origin is Persian and it means "the keeper of the goods". I can relate to that in some sense too. And we're not talking about material goods here :)

from_musings

i always wondered about the member name "deftones_161" what IS that number

Oldnewtype

I was into Gundam as a kid, wanted something easy so stuck "old" in front of "newtype".  Been using the name all over the net for years now.

blixa

blixa after the baddest motherfucker out: blixa bargeld.

Penicks

penicks because it's a funny way of saying penis

poofing acid

from_musings

BillyNo.9

Before I was born I was gonna be called Tommy but my brother was into power rangers so he convinved my mother to name me after the blue one cuz he was the shit in my brothers opinion -.-

lukas989

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 28, 2011, 05:38 PM
I enjoy lsd in my butt.

Ah yeah - as in 'Yo ass is trippin' '.

lukas989

Quote from: blixa on Apr 28, 2011, 05:05 PM

Ah right - must admit Ive never heard of that young man (virtual slap me if you wish) - I thought Blixa was just a cool new way of saying Elizabeth.  Ah well.

devilinside

devilinside= my favorite INXS song

bright lights, big city

mine's cuz I'm a city dweller, but mostly it's a great song by the_Network and an awesomely terrible Michael J. Fox movie.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

blixa

OH YEAH, INXS!!!

Quote from: lukas989 on Apr 28, 2011, 06:58 PM
Quote from: blixa on Apr 28, 2011, 05:05 PM

Ah right - must admit Ive never heard of that young man (virtual slap me if you wish) - I thought Blixa was just a cool new way of saying Elizabeth.  Ah well.

shame on you hahaha

Crazylegs

I can bend my legs in weird ways. Think of John Cleese in ministry of silly walks.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqhlQfXUk7w

My real name is Håvard which originates from an old norse name Hávarðr, meaning tall guardian. If you didn't know, now you know.

MommaBear

Cause I'm a mom and I would slit someone's throat if they ever tried to hurt my kids  - like a big, old mean Momma Bear would if you messed with her cubs.

sing blue silver

favorite part of the duran duran cover... i use it for a lot of things. it's either that or seaptown which is a misspelling of seppatown which is a made up pootie tang word.

poofing acid

Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 28, 2011, 08:15 PM
mine's cuz I'm a city dweller, but mostly it's a great song by the_Network and an awesomely terrible Michael J. Fox movie.

The umphrey's song called bright lights big city is better.

bright lights, big city

Quote from: poofing acid on Apr 29, 2011, 12:09 AM
Quote from: bright lights, big city on Apr 28, 2011, 08:15 PM

The umphrey's song called bright lights big city is better.
oh fuuuuuuck don't go there.
DERP

Quote from: rock_n_frost
Bright Lights !..Why the fuck are you so damn awesome? Cant you be a piece of shit sometimes?

Sushi-X

MxKnife - I was young and I wanted something deftones related to impress all the "cool" people here. Never really liked it.

Sushi-X - a character used by editors of my favorite gaming magazine EGM.

Rocket Skates '94