Previous topic - Next topic

E-Money

What Happened to Youuuuuuuu?????? please

jciraheta

this is worst thatn the 30 secods samples   :P

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: jciraheta on Nov 06, 2012, 06:37 PM
Right? That's why I asked him to mark his reviews in spoilers  ;) so you have the option to read them. I don't want to know any details on each track. I wanna form my own opinion once I get to hear it.
The waiting is killing me... I think I just found a grey hair.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

CliptheApex

Quote from: jciraheta on Nov 06, 2012, 06:37 PM

For real. Its sad how everyone is dying for a description. Good god.

SquealLikeaPig

Vesanic

[spoiler]Well, Deftones' music has clearly changed to me. What Happened To You? is a fairly weak chorus when compared to songs like Pink Maggit, Damone or even This Place Is Death. It's not dark, not deep, it's going nowhere. It sounds very common and mellow/pop-rock-ish. I don't like it at all. It makes the album sound incomplete to me.[/spoiler]

xLhabiax

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 06:40 PM
[spoiler]Well, Deftones' music has clearly changed to me. What Happened To You? is a fairly weak chorus when compared to songs like Pink Maggit, Damone or even This Place Is Death. It's not dark, not deep, it's going nowhere. It sounds very common and mellow/pop-rock-ish. I don't like it at all. It makes the album sound incomplete to me.[/spoiler]

On first listen, where do you rank it among the other albums?
We are ok in a misguided Sadist way

Vesanic

[spoiler]Well that won't suprise anybody but it's still not better than any of their previous releases up to SNW. I can't tell if it's better than DE or not. DE didn't sound so... mainstream? Can I say that about Deftones? I'm not sure, I'm thinking. Of course this was just my first listen so keep in mind it's a first, hasty opinion.[/spoiler]

m1nusblindfoLd

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 06:40 PM

That's what one of the reviews said about it...that it sounds unfinished, like a who knows what will come next (for the band, album-wise?). Almost like a 'to be continued'.

Can you talk about RD?

Inkblades

What do you think of Romantic Dreams, Entombed and Graphic Nature?

iceache

My phones gonna die and I have 2 hours of work left. Damn this albummmmmmmm

Vesanic

[spoiler]Romantic Dreams, Entombed and What Happened To You? are very similar, I think. They're the best description of the sound I think they're aiming for. Some will love it, some will hate it. Personally, it bored the shit out of me.[/spoiler]

DAFTPUNK87

I can honestly say, I haven't anticipated an album this much EVER.
Mainly because the last few Deftones albums leaked so early, that the "build up" of anticipation wasn't as high.
It's been a long ass time since I've had to practically wait til the day of release for an album.
Gah, the internet has spoiled us all.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

alan1o

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 06:44 PM
[spoiler]Well that won't suprise anybody but it's still not better than any of their previous releases up to SNW. I can't tell if it's better than DE or not. DE didn't sound so... mainstream? Can I say that about Deftones? I'm not sure, I'm thinking. Of course this was just my first listen so keep in mind it's a first, hasty opinion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]hmm.. not sure what to make of that considering DE was pretty damn mainstream in my eyes. I thought KNY would generally not be as mainstream and more prog a la rosemary [/spoiler]

Vesanic

[spoiler]It depends, actually. Some of them take too much time to build to be seen as radio-friendly but the overall vibe is, to me. My favorite is probably Tempest. Most of them are really predictable (Rosemary ending is blank as fuck), Tempest isn't, I think.[/spoiler]

CliptheApex

Quote from: Vesanic on Nov 06, 2012, 06:50 PM
[spoiler]It depends, actually. Some of them take too much time to build to be seen as radio-friendly but the overall vibe is, to me. My favorite is probably Tempest. Most of them are really predictable (Rosemary ending is blank as fuck), Tempest isn't, I think.[/spoiler]

Tempest really? I hate that song. Its terrible. Im am actually liking your review because I feel that I will love it as you seem to be bored by it. If this is a slower more melodic Deftones then color me happy.

jciraheta

so at first hear you give this album a 4 our 5 stars ?  or 4.5 ? :p

iceache

If u like DE you'll prob love kny

Caín

Yo, Ves old buddy! You know you can trust me, right?

pony_01

spoilers everywhere.. this is fucking bullshit. i'll find the link to the album myself..