Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

I saw the first WGTB performance they ever did. suck on that.

and before the same show, I heard them practice some of RX Queen. they didn't play it though.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: godin on Nov 07, 2012, 01:44 AM
^pretty sure thats in my hometown. (Calgary,AB, Canada) on the tour where they opened for that fruity clown troupe people call "Slipknot"

DEFTONES should never have to open for SLIPKNOT....

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

jez rox kaluha

Quote from: decapod on Nov 07, 2012, 12:42 AM
Where is the store brotha? Im in Manahawkin right now. Like exit 68 I believe...

hey decapod im the guy that made the original post...if u scroll back a few pages i gave the address & phone # so if ur that desperate & have gps u should be able to find the place...manahawkin's about an hour south of here...the name of the place is art's discount cd's, just a little hole in the wall that's been around for years...there's a junction a few minutes up the road where 195 & 295 meet 130/206 so just jump on the interstate from ocean county...dont know their store hours but they probably open around 8 or 9 & they're open til at least 6

and dont worry about them not selling it to you for legal reasons...i picked up ST & SNW the friday before their releases, they just keep em behind the counter, not on the shelves

godin

no kidding. I passed up on that show too, because I dont like Slipknot. and I figured they'd tour Canada for Diamond Eyes (like they did SNW), and I was wrong. If they come back to Calgary touring KNY, Im going even if they're opening for Justin Bieber god dam it!
Dingus.

Vesanic

Quote from: Jacob on Nov 07, 2012, 01:45 AM
I saw the first WGTB performance they ever did. suck on that.

Please tell me more via PM. Not kidding.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: godin on Nov 07, 2012, 01:48 AM
no kidding. I passed up on that show too, because I dont like Slipknot. and I figured they'd tour Canada for Diamond Eyes (like they did SNW), and I was wrong. If they come back to Calgary touring KNY, Im going even if they're opening for Justin Bieber god dam it!

They didn't tour Canada on Diamond Eyes tour???? wow..

Ponte506

Slipknot is awesome sauce..."All Hope Is Gone" is a fucking feat.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Ponte506 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:50 AM

Not gonna get into a Slipknot debate, but I have to disagree..
They were great when they first came out, and I loved IOWA. But after that, no..
Corey started singing too much.. and their overall appeal and music just started to sound redundant.
Just didn't do it for me anymore. Stone Sour sucks too..
Deftones is practically the ONLY band that I love and still listen to from that era.. everyone else went down the drain.
Not arguin' by the way, that's just my opinion on Slipknot.. RIP Paul.

chinomoreno876

Quote from: jez rox kaluha on Nov 07, 2012, 01:46 AM
Where is the store brotha? Im in Manahawkin right now. Like exit 68 I believe...

hey decapod im the guy that made the original post...if u scroll back a few pages i gave the address & phone # so if ur that desperate & have gps u should be able to find the place...manahawkin's about an hour south of here...the name of the place is art's discount cd's, just a little hole in the wall that's been around for years...there's a junction a few minutes up the road where 195 & 295 meet 130/206 so just jump on the interstate from ocean county...dont know their store hours but they probably open around 8 or 9 & they're open til at least 6

and dont worry about them not selling it to you for legal reasons...i picked up ST & SNW the friday before their releases, they just keep em behind the counter, not on the shelves

Yeah thanks for the info bro, I called and he's around 12-1pm they will have it and they are open until 9pm, no way its bs , can't see why the guy at the store would lie to me ....  But yeah like I posted ill make an irc room to share it, if ur hardcore then you'll figure it out, ill post a link to the channel once its up and running for everyone to join, ill make it a small window , just a few hours so I can be sure that it only goes out to hardcore old school fans and not people only on here for the leak!!!

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: chinomoreno876 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:57 AM

Yeah thanks for the info bro, I called and he's around 12-1pm they will have it and they are open until 9pm, no way its bs , can't see why the guy at the store would lie to me ....  But yeah like I posted ill make an irc room to share it, if ur hardcore then you'll figure it out, ill post a link to the channel once its up and running for everyone to join, ill make it a small window , just a few hours so I can be sure that it only goes out to hardcore old school fans and not people only on here for the leak!!!
Alright, word. For those of us that ARE hardcore deftones fans (for me 15+ yrs) who don't know about IRC.. uhhh any help on that? I'm down to figure it out, I just need to know where to go/starting point. there something/software I need to download? if so, what's it called?

gui

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:49 AM

well i saw them with dillinger in 2011 in Montreal

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: gui on Nov 07, 2012, 01:59 AM

Now that would be a show! I saw Dillinger at Bonnaroo in 09. fuckin' awesome show

RaptureWS

Quote from: chinomoreno876 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:57 AM

Well I hope I can get someone to share with me. Today was my last day off, 7 straight starting tomorrow. Tonight is already fucked, maybe tomm will be better. On a positive note, I am VERY happy for Decapod getting KNY tomorrow. He deserves it :)
When people whisper it makes her nervous.

Ponte506

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:52 AM

They were great when they first came out, and I loved IOWA. But after that, no..
Corey started singing too much.. and their overall appeal and music just started to sound redundant.
Deftones is practically the ONLY band that I love and still listen to from that era.. everyone else went down the drain.

It's all good, different tastes in music I 'spose (Considering I think Stone Sour is rad haha).  I think what pumped me up the most about All Hope is Gone as a guitar player was just how technical they matured...I haven't heard of drum-fills and guitar-solos that complex in metal since...well...can't honestly remember.  Mick Thomson is a beast, and trying to cover their shit is not for the faint of heart.  But anyway, back to the 'tones...

DAFTPUNK87

Go Decapod!! You can do it bro!!  ;D

sing blue silver

I was there too!

Unfortunately though it seems nobody tours Canada anymore. It's actually gotten pretty bad. Bands only seem to go to Vancouver anymore. Even Toronto and Montreal (major concert markets) get snubbed more and more. Canada is huge but on most bands "North American" tours you get a ton of US dates with only one or two Canadian dates. Today I bought tickets for a Coheed and Cambria show in Boston because the only Canadian show is in Vancouver... 6,000 kilometers away (3,700 miles). Hopefully Deftones play Montreal again but since I'm forced to drop about $1,500 to $2,000 on every show I go to these days, I probably won't be able to afford it until at least next summer. Maybe time will be on my side.

Also I understand the Slipknot hate. I hated them for a long time because I thought I was "too cool" to listen to them or something but fuck it. Over the past year I've become a huge Slipknot fan (though I don't much listen to that kind of thing) and I saw them over the summer at Heavy MTL and they were fucking incredible live. I've gotten past the misconceptions and they're a legitimately good band if you can get past how much their fans suck. Corey Taylor is an immensely talented and awesome dude, as are the rest of the band.

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: Ponte506 on Nov 07, 2012, 02:02 AM
Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 07, 2012, 01:52 AM

It's all good, different tastes in music I 'spose (Considering I think Stone Sour is rad haha).  I think what pumped me up the most about All Hope is Gone as a guitar player was just how technical they matured...I haven't heard of drum-fills and guitar-solos that complex in metal since...well...can't honestly remember.  Mick Thomson is a beast, and trying to cover their shit is not for the faint of heart.  But anyway, back to the 'tones...

Oh ok, well yeah - looking at it from that point. All Hope is Gone is a bad ass guitar driven album. Mick is bad ass. My best friend still loves them, and he's a guitarist. So I know where you're comin' from.

gui

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 07, 2012, 02:02 AM

I was there too!

Unfortunately though it seems nobody tours Canada anymore. It's actually gotten pretty bad. Bands only seem to go to Vancouver anymore. Even Toronto and Montreal (major concert markets) get snubbed more and more. Canada is huge but on most bands "North American" tours you get a ton of US dates with only one or two Canadian dates. Today I bought tickets for a Coheed and Cambria show in Boston because the only Canadian show is in Vancouver... 6,000 kilometers away (3,700 miles). Hopefully Deftones play Montreal again but since I'm forced to drop about $1,500 to $2,000 on every show I go to these days, I probably won't be able to afford it until at least next summer. Maybe time will be on my side.
where are you from?

Jville808

methinks Ves should just go ahead and pass it along to one or two people and let them take it from there. Change the tags or something on the files so it doesn't look like what your friend gave you. Nobody needs to know it was you. Hell, PM me a link and I'll just upload it somewhere else and post the link or a torrent somewhere else that people will be able to find and keep it off of this site so it doesn't blow up with the "PM me" posts.

sing blue silver

Quote from: gui on Nov 07, 2012, 02:04 AM
Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 07, 2012, 02:02 AM

I was there too!

where are you from?

Halifax, Nova Scotia.