Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

Deftones Bullshit Thread

Started by Oldnewtype, May 19, 2011, 07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bewareofrats

Wow, people really didn't waste any time getting out of this place.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

NicholasHume

I attempted to listen to my FLAC copy of Koi No Yokan with VLC, with 'repeat all' activated while I did some work  - but only managed to load Goon Squad. It played on a loop for like 4 times before I noticed there was only one song. It's too good

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: NicholasHume on Nov 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
I attempted to listen to my FLAC copy of Koi No Yokan with VLC, with 'repeat all' activated while I did some work  - but only managed to load Goon Squad. It played on a loop for like 4 times before I noticed there was only one song. It's too good
Yeah i hate how VLC does that you select all the tracks and it only adds one lol not a bad song to have on repeat though

DJR

ignore the fashion

i guess this is as good as anywhere on this board, i really didn't want to create an entire thread just to post these.

here are 3 variations of the raiders logo, i originally got the idea from a smaller image i seen but i wanted to make it bigger.

M1GHTY M4VS

can anyone repost the pic where chongo eats choripa I can just find the normal subtitled but not the one where he's stiffed with it :D

sing blue silver

I love that raiders logo concept!

DAFTPUNK87

Quote from: sing blue silver on Nov 26, 2012, 06:44 PM
I love that raiders logo concept!

yeah that one guy that kept hinting that he had KNY for weeks before its release, he had that as his avatar.
Also, anyone notice some of the newer pics - Chino sporting a Raiders windbreaker/jacket?

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

DAFTPUNK87

Also, I have a question that's been bugging me regarding Chino's vocals live. Does anyone know who does the delay on Chino's vocals live? Is it the sound guy, or is it Frank?

Just curious because in some songs such as "My Own Summer" & "Feiticeira" live, the delay will come on for just a certain "word" or "verse" and turn back off.. just wondering who might be controlling his delayed vocal effects.

www.facebook.com/HXGRM              www.soundcloud.com/shpes

DeftonesNZ

I'm guessing it's the sound guy

thewanderer

I think Frank has control over Chino's voice. It's one of few things I want to ask them.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

gwenudo

Quote from: thewanderer on Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 AM
I think Frank has control over Chino's voice. It's one of few things I want to ask them.

yes its frank .. frank also adds some chino screams when chino cant .. its completely noticable on lollipalooza 2011 when they play 7 words and chino is singing that katy perry verse
Was it like it seemed?...

deftoner664

I'd say they have a MIDI programmable vocal processor, and it's probably cued up with the song and the delay or reverb etc which will be enabled during what ever bar they program it to during each song.. Frank may have some control over his vocals to a degree, but I'd assume Frank would be using samples instead of tweaking the FX sends to Chino's vocals during live performances. I'm sure their techs make sure this is all in order during sound check.
Sharing Lungs member since Oct 07, 2005 to Present

nineteen

Quote from: DAFTPUNK87 on Nov 27, 2012, 12:12 AM
Also, I have a question that's been bugging me regarding Chino's vocals live. Does anyone know who does the delay on Chino's vocals live? Is it the sound guy, or is it Frank?

Just curious because in some songs such as "My Own Summer" & "Feiticeira" live, the delay will come on for just a certain "word" or "verse" and turn back off.. just wondering who might be controlling his delayed vocal effects.

Can't remember what period it was but there was a point when the 'delay guy' went ridiculous on his vocals. It was like every performance was echofest cavesound.

Sunbath

It's the sound guy. Was standing right behind him last time (2011) I saw them live.

thewanderer

Quote from: gwenudo666 on Nov 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on Nov 27, 2012, 02:17 AM

yes its frank .. frank also adds some chino screams when chino cant .. its completely noticable on lollipalooza 2011 when they play 7 words and chino is singing that katy perry verse
yeah i wasn't going to mention that part.... is it for sure the sound guy? i really hoped it was Frank.
Sometimes I hear certain sounds, and they make my dick really fucking hard.........

DeftonesNZ

I doubt it's frank sometimes you see him just standing there doing nothing when it comes on  plus he has his own shit to do I also don't think it is on a timer as sometimes Chino stops to get the crowd to help someone up and the timing would get fucked up

ignore the fashion

Could it be chino has his mic hooked up through an effects pedal or something along those lines? And he just does it himself.

DeftonesNZ

Thought about that you can get foot switches but he always moves round so he couldn't use it, I'm just going to say the sound guy does it's his job

kurtone

Back when they were touring to support the self titled album Chino would control some of them himself

http://youtu.be/MDm9Jp-yy9Q