Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

honeybeewu

Quote from: deffur on Mar 13, 2013, 09:56 PM
I finally heard it..

the intro is so dreamy - chino sounds young again... and I also hear that synced melody chiming in as Isis used to zone you in the instrumentals.. I like the flow this song gave me, kind of reminds me of lucky you or teenager. In the end I love it when chino mimics Sade's voice...tight

can't wait till the tour..

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

I agree. I'm diggin it too. But IMO it's hard for me to truly "DISLIKE" anything Chino touches. I'm a HUGE fand of his sound, so when paired with something hard, or dreamy or in-betweeny, it's all gravy for me. Sure I have my old go-to favorites, but hearing about new projects really blows me' skirt up.  :o

Papa Muerte

I cant stop listening to Tropics !!!!!!! This should be good,cos I have a serious craving for✝✝✝

pony_01

THE ALBUM IS FINISHED! yeah!

from @Palmsband twitter:
"We just completed our debut interview with @Revolvermag. Thanks for having us guys. Thanks J. We'll hit you up when it's out."

https://twitter.com/PalmsBand/status/319199952309981185

this source:
http://www.smnnews.com/2013/04/02/palms-finish-indescribably-satisfying-debut-album/
mention that the album titled would be "INDESCRIBABLY SATISFYING"

i dont know if this is an april fools prank or whatever

Inkblades

mnnews is using that phrase to describe the album. If you click the link, it says it will be self-titled.

shoop

no.. that's from Aaron's blog post. "The other day I listened to the whole record during a run and it was indescribably satisfying. I hope you guys enjoy the record as much as we enjoyed creating it."

pony_01

woops my bad lol thats kinda funny

deffur

Quote from: honeybeewu on Mar 14, 2013, 03:33 PM
I finally heard it..

the intro is so dreamy - chino sounds young again... and I also hear that synced melody chiming in as Isis used to zone you in the instrumentals.. I like the flow this song gave me, kind of reminds me of lucky you or teenager. In the end I love it when chino mimics Sade's voice...tight

I agree. I'm diggin it too. But IMO it's hard for me to truly "DISLIKE" anything Chino touches. I'm a HUGE fand of his sound, so when paired with something hard, or dreamy or in-betweeny, it's all gravy for me. Sure I have my old go-to favorites, but hearing about new projects really blows me' skirt up.  :o

Word is bond

×× deffur ××

deffur

It would blow me away if chino has any strumming input with palms, I hope they softly grind chunky melodies and flourish this mix of such wonderful musicians...oh how I long

×× deffur ××

honeybeewu

Quote from: deffur on Apr 05, 2013, 10:56 PM
Quote from: honeybeewu on Mar 14, 2013, 03:33 PM
I finally heard it..

Word is bond

FOR SERIOUS!!!

Corleone

Inkblades

Revolution Harmony ‏@RHism 14 Apr

Reviewing the magnificent debut album from @PalmsBand (feat. @chinomoreno), out 24 June on @IpecacRec. Read about it in @Terrorizermag #236.

Gee

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 18, 2013, 08:27 PM
Revolution Harmony ‏@RHism 14 Apr

Reviewing the magnificent debut album from @PalmsBand (feat. @chinomoreno), out 24 June on @IpecacRec. Read about it in @Terrorizermag #236.

Awesome. Can't wait !
"When I show up, it's all good" Chino Moreno

Corleone

Inkblades

scarywindow

Quote from: Inkblades on Apr 22, 2013, 11:50 PM

oh my God.  i want to hear this so badly.  much more stoked for this project than Crosses and honestly, the last two Deftones records.  don't get me wrong, i love each and every one of the aforementioned band's releases... but this band has some crazy potential to be seriously amazing.  after hearing 'Tropics', i was hooked.  i've been looking for this band for years.  need now. 

In Other News:  I found the official Album Art on the Ipecac site:  http://assets.ipecac.com/images/mini/139_large.jpg

I have a feeling this record is going to be full of atmospheric and oceanic beauty.  Just my style. 

DeftonesNZ

Yeah I'm really excited to hear this I have been thrashing Tropics non stop I love the dreamy atmospheric stuff it fits Chino's voice so well.Also if that artwork is legit that's fucking awesome what a cool looking cover.

cvthedrv

fuck!!!, i would love to have a vinyl with tha cover

Inkblades