Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hole-in-the-earth

At first listen, I didn't think much of both songs, Tropics and Patagonia. But they definitely grow on you... I dig them now, give it time.

deffur

any idea of when Palms start going live????

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2

×× deffur ××

luisch

Searching the machine might reveal what you don't want to know

deffur

thanks!

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using Tapatalk 2
×× deffur ××

Bza々

Quote from: Sett on May 02, 2013, 03:24 PM
It sounds so much like Team Sleep. I'd never guessed it was done by the guys from ISIS, never. That being said, I like it. A lot.

Sounds nothing like Team Sleep. This is a lot cleaner than Team Sleep. Anyone who knows anything about music production can easily hear the difference in technology and production. That being said too much production is a bad thing. I haven't made my mind up on this shit, all I know is I fucking despise Chino's new singing.

cvthedrv

i just want to hear the 2xlp, to know if it have any difference, cause the voice is dissapointing.

Inkblades

Something about Chino just doesn't work on this song. It's like the vocals don't go with the music. It's a shame, because I really, really dig the music.

Deadradio

nicklav

honeybeewu

I liked patagonia... and then i got to that 40 second glorious, OMFG outro... And now I LOVE patagonia.

I'm really looking forward to hearing more of those well produced dreamy sounds, and to see if chino's vocals vary much throughout the album.

I hope they come out east at some point.  :-*

only pieces remain

Quote from: Inkblades on May 02, 2013, 11:16 PM
Something about Chino just doesn't work on this song. It's like the vocals don't go with the music. It's a shame, because I really, really dig the music.

i feel the same way. something not right, missing etc.

the deft ones

Quote from: only pieces remain on May 03, 2013, 04:23 AM
Quote from: Inkblades on May 02, 2013, 11:16 PM

i feel the same way. something not right, missing etc.

I feel the same way at the moment, but I also remember feeling exactly the same way about ISIS...
Amazing music that seemed difficult to sing over.
I found Turner's vocals hard to digest at first, but then when I got it I also got infatuated with that band. So awesome.

So the point of my story is, whilst I'm not hugely digging it for now- I do expect it to grow on my in a big way.

DeftonesNZ

It's grown alot on me, something sounded off but last night I was listening to it while I was going to sleep with headphones on with nothing distracting me and it sounded amazing I could hear all the instrumental details clearer and it balanced Chino out perfectly.

laurapalmer

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 03, 2013, 05:30 AM
It's grown alot on me, something sounded off but last night I was listening to it while I was going to sleep with headphones on with nothing distracting me and it sounded amazing I could hear all the instrumental details clearer and it balanced Chino out perfectly.

I feel the same way, The soundcloud version with good headphones holds up pretty well.

honeybeewu

Quote from: laurapalmer on May 03, 2013, 06:46 AM
Quote from: DeftonesNZ on May 03, 2013, 05:30 AM

I feel the same way, The soundcloud version with good headphones holds up pretty well.

Yep. Listened in my office today with good speakers and it really sounds amazing.

asshole

I love me some Vinyl.

Follow Me under #Adamogreat
Your Lucky Your Kinda Cute.. Taste Like Juicy Fruit...

Inkblades

http://www.amazon.com/Palms/dp/B00CDBOPQE/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1367608905&sr=1-1

1. Future Warrior
2. Patagonia
3. Mission Sunset
4. Shortwave Radio
5. Tropics
6. Antarctic Handshake

bewareofrats

The music of Patagonia is very nice.  So smooth and clean, relaxing and atmospheric.  If nothing else, this sounds like a potentially excellent instrumental album.  The change in vocal style from Chino can be a bit much in parts, at first anyway, but I already like Patagonia more than on first listen.  I see great growing potential in this.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

Inkblades

Yeah, it's growing me on a little bit.

bewareofrats

Another listen, I think Chino needs to ease up on the high parts.  It's starting to become overbearing.
Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847