Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deftoolsys07

Anybody in DFW can hear it for free if they smoke me out. Just sayin...
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

scarywindow

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 08, 2013, 08:26 AM
Anybody in DFW can hear it for free if they smoke me out. Just sayin...

Man, if I had the cash to get to Dallas, I'd totally smoke some of my plentiful Sour Diesel with you.  Hell, I'd smoke a whole half-ounce with you if it meant hearing this record.  :)

deftoolsys07

Shit brother, you got two legs right? Haha

I'm dying y'all! Please! I just drank a 24oz of a Stack (9.9% alc) I'm not drunk but it's enough for me to really be craving weed.

I'm listening to the EP right now as a matter of fact lol

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: FlyingPiranha on Jun 08, 2013, 05:32 AM
Yeah, dug the review. Makes me even more excited to get my hands on it (and I swear to god, if the vinyl sells out before Friday...).

Even if it sells out on their website, I think you'll be able to find it on other web stores and/or physical record stores.

black coffee

weed and the Boards of Canada album beats having the Palms cd but no weed .

people are people

I hate when people talk about drugs... psilocybin, dmt, lsd, dxm or Ketamine is the answer for life just sayin

deftoolsys07

Quote from: people are people on Jun 08, 2013, 08:21 PM
I hate when people talk about drugs... psilocybin, dmt, lsd, dxm or Ketamine is the answer for life just sayin

Those are drugs lol.

DMT is amazing, though. Talk about a life-changing drug...

N0S3BLEED976

How can people use shit like that? I don't get it.

Anyway, I don't wan't to start a discussion about drugs, so let's just talk about Palms again.

deftoolsys07

Yeah, let's not get too off topic here, but DMT, out of all drugs, is one of the most natural, like weed. Every living thing on Earth has dimethyltrytapmine in it, humans and blades of grass alike. And the trip is ridiculously mind-blowing. It's not like smoking crack or something.

If you're familiar with any of Alex Grey's artwork (Tool album covers, etc), it's like being inside of a living and breathing painting of his. It's so fucking crazy...

God

scarywindow

Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 09, 2013, 12:17 AM

Anyway, I don't wan't to start a discussion about drugs, so let's just talk about Palms again.

As a recreational drug user (and past heavy user), I have to concur.  Sure, drugs are fun.  Sure, they CAN help you open your mind a bit - but this thread is about Palms.  It really should stay that way.  Please. 

And the answer to life is 42.  I thought everyone knew that?... ;)

So yeah, please... back on topic.

kurtone

Could someone recommend an isis album/songs that sound the most like palms? I sampled some tracks on iTunes and didn't care for the songs that had vocals. Thanks in advance

DeftonesNZ

Quote from: kurtone on Jun 09, 2013, 02:24 AM
Could someone recommend an isis album/songs that sound the most like palms? I sampled some tracks on iTunes and didn't care for the songs that had vocals. Thanks in advance
there's pretty much nothing similar Isis are totally different, the closest I could think of would be Maritime from the oceanic album.

beansandcornbread

Quote from: scarywindow on Jun 09, 2013, 01:53 AM
Quote from: N0S3BLEED976 on Jun 09, 2013, 12:17 AM

As a recreational drug user (and past heavy user), I have to concur.  Sure, drugs are fun.  Sure, they CAN help you open your mind a bit - but this thread is about Palms.  It really should stay that way.  Please. 

And the answer to life is 42.  I thought everyone knew that?... ;)

So yeah, please... back on topic.

Wrong.....

And to get this back on track, I ordered another vinyl.  Clear to go with the white.

people are people

All psychedelic drugs can be life-changing. The make your perceptions different and once you've seen things differently,probably there is no turning back. But DMT,If there is a way for us to answer our own mysteries of life and communicate with the universe through some kind of personal language, DMT seems to be able to lend a helping hand. Only someone that never done a research about DMT can ask why you take this shit LOL what dmt is, it's a human neurotransmitter. it's the most powerful psychedelic known to man, and your own brain produces it. it's actually responsible for dreaming. when you're in heavy sleep, and right at times in extreme stress, your body thinks it's gonna die. that's when your brain pumps out the most dmt. and it's responsible for near death experiences, ufo abductions, all that stuff. it's pretty intense. the idea is, it's stored in a pineal gland. and your pineal gland is literally your 3rd eye. it's exactly where your 3rd eye is right between the two eye brows, and it actually has a retina, and a cornea, and a lense, in reptiles. and it produces dmt and dmt, even though it's the most powerful psychedelic drug known to man, it's in every single ecosystem all over the world. it exists in plants, grass, it's everywhere. and it's really the craziest drug to be illegal everywhere because everyone's got it in their system. it's pretty intense stuff. and if you do it you will talk to intelligent beings from other dimensions, for real.

you'd think something like this would be on the front page, but people don't know about it. it's the most incredible experience, and we are a experience obsessed society. well, there's this little powder, and it will change the way you look at everything. if you take dmt, you will communicate with something, it's so beyond description. But of course,When you try DMT, you need to know what are you looking or other way you can have crazy trips, the song TOOL-Rosetta Stoned pretty much show you the people that don't know what they are doing and end up fucking everything. deftoolsys07 have you ever read a book of Alex Grey?

Now the Topic.Palms is Amazing.

Quote from: God on Jun 09, 2013, 01:46 AM

;D

deftoolsys07

Quote from: people are people on Jun 09, 2013, 03:30 AM
But of course,When you try DMT, you need to know what are you looking or other way you can have crazy trips, the song TOOL-Rosetta Stoned pretty much show you the people that don't know what they are doing and end up fucking everything. deftoolsys07 have you ever read a book of Alex Grey?

Funny, the only time I tried listening to music while I was taking it was Rosetta Stoned... haha... that song really only works to bring back the memories once you're sober, not really while you're on it. For me, anyway. The best trips were just sitting/laying in the backyard at night with no music. And no I haven't bothered to read any of his books. I assume they cover the subject of DMT? It's one of those things that's like, OK I've done it, I don't need somebody else to explain to me what it's like or what I was feeling. Everyone has the same experiences practically lol. I have seen videos of him explain his experiences, as well as Terrence Mckenna, of course.

And to stay on topic, Tropics is my least favorite track on the record.

scarywindow

Quote from: deftoolsys07 on Jun 09, 2013, 03:42 AM
Quote from: people are people on Jun 09, 2013, 03:30 AM
But of course,When you try DMT, you need to know what are you looking or other way you can have crazy trips, the song TOOL-Rosetta Stoned pretty much show you the people that don't know what they are doing and end up fucking everything. deftoolsys07 have you ever read a book of Alex Grey?

Funny, the only time I tried listening to music while I was taking it was Rosetta Stoned... haha... that song really only works to bring back the memories once you're sober, not really while you're on it. For me, anyway. The best trips were just sitting/laying in the backyard at night with no music. And no I haven't bothered to read any of his books. I assume they cover the subject of DMT? It's one of those things that's like, OK I've done it, I don't need somebody else to explain to me what it's like or what I was feeling. Everyone has the same experiences practically lol. I have seen videos of him explain his experiences, as well as Terrence Mckenna, of course.

And to stay on topic, Tropics is my least favorite track on the record.

ah!  you're killing me Smalls!  i want to hear the record so bad.  Tropics is still a favorite of mine, so I can already tell I'm gonna love it.  I haven't heard a track I didn't like yet.

and yes, DMT is incredible.  a lot to learn from it, that's for sure.

Hank

Quote from: black coffee on Jun 08, 2013, 11:21 AM
weed and the Boards of Canada album beats having the Palms cd but no weed .

Hank

oh and if you can deal with the purge to some degree,  ayahuasca is far better than freebase..

15 minutes of talking to a bunch of Angels cant compare to having a 4-6 hour discussion with one..

either way i hope this album leaks before my pre-ordered copy comes

deftoolsys07

I uploaded some new previews. Hopefully this can hold y'all over.

http://youtu.be/UM967unPvRE