Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ignore the fashion

I am sure I can find it somewhere here if I searched, but I am lazy. How many copies of each color were pressed?

beansandcornbread

Pressing info for 2xLP vinyl.

1000 Clear
1000 White
1500 Red
1500 Gold

The rest Black

elite54

put that video back up real quick please.

deftoolsys07

Haha, nah. I was asked by Aaron to take it down, so I will respect that... Sorry lol
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

ignore the fashion

Quote from: beansandcornbread on Jun 10, 2013, 01:41 AM
Pressing info for 2xLP vinyl.

1000 Clear
1000 White
1500 Red
1500 Gold

The rest Black

I ordered the red and clear, wish I had the money to get one of each.

gonzo303

Don't know how I just found out about this forum but being a huge deftones fan since I was 12 I'm glad to have found this place.

I bought all versions of the new Palms vinyl, and now am even more excited now that I've heard Future Warrior.

Glad to be a member here!

buddyboy101

Quote from: gonzo303 on Jun 10, 2013, 06:21 PM
Don't know how I just found out about this forum but being a huge deftones fan since I was 12 I'm glad to have found this place.

I bought all versions of the new Palms vinyl, and now am even more excited now that I've heard Future Warrior.

Glad to be a member here!

welcome!

Hesperian Death-Horse!

Quote from: kurtone on Jun 09, 2013, 02:24 AM
Could someone recommend an isis album/songs that sound the most like palms? I sampled some tracks on iTunes and didn't care for the songs that had vocals. Thanks in advance

The ISIS songs that sound closest to Palms that I can think of are

Weight
Maritime
So Did We
Hall of The Dead (Second half of the song but the whole track is awesome)
Ghost Key (most of the track minus the roaring vocal parts. There are also clean vocals)

A good portion of Panopticon could be seen as being instrumentally similar to Palms and most of In The Absence of Truth, the latter of which even has a wide array of clean vocals from Aaron Turner which are actually quite good. Wavering Radiant also has many passages of music that sound very much like what Palms is doing. I recommend just playing through the entirety of their last three albums (Panopticon, In The Absence of Truth and Wavering Radiant) and listening for those passages. You may find yourself adjusting to the more aggressive vocals featured on there as that aspect was a huge deterrent for me for a long time but I managed to grow accustomed to it and even enjoy it.

kurtone

I'll check them out. Thanks a lot!

nicklav

Quote from: Hesperian Death-Horse! on Jun 11, 2013, 01:15 AM
Quote from: kurtone on Jun 09, 2013, 02:24 AM
Could someone recommend an isis album/songs that sound the most like palms? I sampled some tracks on iTunes and didn't care for the songs that had vocals. Thanks in advance

The ISIS songs that sound closest to Palms that I can think of are

Weight
Maritime
So Did We
Hall of The Dead (Second half of the song but the whole track is awesome)
Ghost Key (most of the track minus the roaring vocal parts. There are also clean vocals)

A good portion of Panopticon could be seen as being instrumentally similar to Palms and most of In The Absence of Truth, the latter of which even has a wide array of clean vocals from Aaron Turner which are actually quite good. Wavering Radiant also has many passages of music that sound very much like what Palms is doing. I recommend just playing through the entirety of their last three albums (Panopticon, In The Absence of Truth and Wavering Radiant) and listening for those passages. You may find yourself adjusting to the more aggressive vocals featured on there as that aspect was a huge deterrent for me for a long time but I managed to grow accustomed to it and even enjoy it.

Altered Course too!

That might be my favorite ISIS track.

pony_01

scarywindow

Quote from: pony_01 on Jun 11, 2013, 10:21 PM
was this posted before?

Longer preview
Palms 2013 (Ep Preview)

Yes, that was posted long ago.  Thank you anyway.  If you still haven't heard, there are different previews here:  http://us.7digital.com/artist/palms/release/palms.  Also, there is the official Palms teaser video:  PALMS: self-titled album trailer  I hope that helps you to catch up ;)  17 more days, guys!  I am literally fiending for this record still.  Haven't felt this way in advance of a record since White Pony. 

deftoolsys07

Hah they gave it the same rating I did, 3.5/5
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

Hank

was this posted before?

Longer preview
Palms 2013 (Ep Preview)

Shortwave Radio sounds so much darker in that little piece than any other preview of that song Iv'e heard...

fuck this album can't cum soon enough

Jerry_Curls

Can anybody pm me some links to songs that have been released already? I leave for Cancun tomorrow and would like to listen to some on the beach....hook me up!!!
..Yeah don't go there,

I let you get to me

yeah yeah.

Jacob

was this posted before?

Longer preview
Palms 2013 (Ep Preview)

Cool. Some of this really makes me think of Faunts, which is a very good thing.

The production is very odd though. It's so thin and rich on high-end. I dunno, it fits the music, but it feels like it could become a bit tiresome to listen to. Which would be a damn shame.
pray nightfall release me
then i could wander, wander to deep sleep

Slacker

Quote from: Jacob on Jun 12, 2013, 05:25 PM
was this posted before?

Longer preview
Palms 2013 (Ep Preview)

Cool. Some of this really makes me think of Faunts, which is a very good thing.

The production is very odd though. It's so thin and rich on high-end. I dunno, it fits the music, but it feels like it could become a bit tiresome to listen to. Which would be a damn shame.

yeah it seemed to me something like that at the beggining, it doesnt come into play though. i was kinda amaze how quick it feels going along with the album, so smooth and clean. it might be the mid tempo oriented songs or something.

bewareofrats

Open-minded?  Here's some short videos to challenge your thinking:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3B82C219AC3A6847

matty3198