Sharing Lungs - Deftones Online Community

PALMS [new Chino Moreno side project]

Started by luisch, Apr 25, 2012, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adekhine

Quote from: digital bath on Sep 26, 2013, 11:05 PM
... but the video seems to be a trivialisation of stalking.

Hahaha, it's true!

Sett

I never really liked the EP, but I gave it another try today. It's not bad, but I still don't quite dig it. Somehow I don't like the Chino's vocals in the album. That being said, I'd really like to hear a full album by them.

shoop

Quote from: Sett on Oct 20, 2013, 03:48 PM
I never really liked the EP, but I gave it another try today. It's not bad, but I still don't quite dig it. Somehow I don't like the Chino's vocals in the album. That being said, I'd really like to hear a full album by them.
It is a full album. And a fucking fantastic one!

beansandcornbread

Quote from: shoop on Oct 20, 2013, 10:00 PM
Quote from: Sett on Oct 20, 2013, 03:48 PM
It is a full album. And a fucking fantastic one!

Yes it is.  Like the new Crosses but Palms is better.

Penicks

took me a while to accept the poor production of his voice but listening to it at six am in the morning watching the sunrise on a boat in the middle of the ocean certainly helps
some of it sounds really really good

shoop

I've actually grown to like the vocals this way for Palms. Most of it just pierces my ears drums with pleasure, as corny as that may sound.

Hank

This project has produced some of the best work Chino has ever done . The Crosses album will be cool with the new songs and I love Team  Sleep.... but this album is really special. I really cant wait to hear more from these guys.

Palms "Patagonia" The Trobadour, Los Angeles. 7-12-13
5:49-6:04
soul

shoop

nicklav

TheyCallMeP

I know Crosses LP is coming out soon, eventually.. But this news kicks some serious ass! Palms self titled was very strong and I'd love to hear another record from these guys. Can't find any more information on it though so it looks like its still in very early stages. I guess it's time to wait.

DJR

I apologise in advance if this has already been posted (its 2.33am and I'm tired)

Amazon's review

Composed of three former members of the post-metal group ISIS (Aaron Harris, Clifford Meyer and Jeff Caxide) and former Deftones vocalist Chino Moreno, this new Los Angeles-based quartet is currently preparing for the release of their debut self-titled album on June 25. Palms came together after these musicians' former musical projects fell apart; once ISIS called it quits, Harris, Meyer...

Since when did Chino become a former Tones member?  ???

Deadradio

scarywindow

Quote from: Hank on Oct 24, 2013, 12:13 PM
This project has produced some of the best work Chino has ever done . The Crosses album will be cool with the new songs and I love Team  Sleep.... but this album is really special. I really cant wait to hear more from these guys.

Palms "Patagonia" The Trobadour, Los Angeles. 7-12-13
5:49-6:04
soul

Right on.  As much as I like Deftones and Crosses, Palms have claimed my heart 100%.  I cannot wait for the next record.   And hopefully a tour...

deftoolsys07

From Aaron's website:

QuoteI've also been busy with my band Palms . We're working on new songs and things are sounding great. That's all I'll say about that for now.
Check out my soundcloud/ facebook page with some music...

http://soundcloud.com/dan-koetter/

III

I never really had gotten into palms before, but I decided to just go check them out. So, I got a vinyl album of theres and its white. Is that rare or something? Cause I looked online and there aren't many other white version of the album

cvthedrv

Quote from: III on Feb 01, 2014, 04:46 PM
I never really had gotten into palms before, but I decided to just go check them out. So, I got a vinyl album of theres and its white. Is that rare or something? Cause I looked online and there aren't many other white version of the album

beside the black and clear editions, the white isnt very rare, i think the rarest are the red and gold ones, which are less copies, im too lazy to search the exactly number.

DeftonesNZ

Apparantly it goes
-1,000 WHITE
-1,000 CLEAR
-1,500 RED
-1,500 GOLD
With the standard pressings being black

ignore the fashion

Quote from: DeftonesNZ on Feb 03, 2014, 04:16 AM
Apparantly it goes
-1,000 WHITE
-1,000 CLEAR
-1,500 RED
-1,500 GOLD
With the standard pressings being black

All I need/ want is the gold one to have all the color ones.

Inkblades

PALMS 'MISSION SUNSET'

The only Palms song that I genuinely think is great. Not sure if I'm even gonna watch the video, because it might ruin the mood the song gives me.

nicklav

The video is actually quite good. I would watch it.